? servers

? players online

Advertisement...

• Content Count:  1051

I dont know if you guys have thought of this but maybe we could buy ads on websites, or even use YouTube's ad feature to promote our server. Maybe on a random website that people go on a lot, we could have one of those side bar ads that bring people to a forum post that talks about the servers and what we offer, yada yada.

Or for YouTube ad, it'll be one of those cringe ones that'll be like, "This is Steam-Gamers!!" *Vine Boom* "And this is how we play our games!" and we then play like funny clips from Squad, Rust, CSGO, and TF2 and I mean we're 100% gonna get like ONE person to join because of the ads.

But at the same time if we're not sacrificing money to promote thats understandable.

• Content Count:  2694

From personal experience, the only people who don't use an adblocker are college computer science professors and parents whose children have not installed it for them. That and like Gentoo said, it won't draw in any people. If anything you'd want to run Facebook and TikTok ads and those get pricey really quickly. If you aren't spending $2000 a month on ads on either platform you may as well not be advertising. Although, kind of unrelated, but Facebook is testing out a new ad system and is giving small businesses $10,000 in free ad money. I don't think SG would be eligible since ads haven't been ran on there before. But like Gentoo said, we wouldn't be reaching our target demographic at all

• Like 3

• Content Count:  2206

I've also thought about doing ads but like Gentoo said how many people are watching youtube videos and not skipping them after 5 seconds and for ones that aren't skippable how many would actually apply to people  playing CS and looking for a community. From a cost standpoint I don't think it would be a successful campaign when putting together the money you would have to dish out to make it happen. If anyone can layout some sort of basic plan to actually implement it I'd be willing to have that discussion.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5377

We're looking at more targeted and cost effective methods than just blasting ad on YouTube. In case you have not noticed, its not exactly like the donations are rolling in like they used to which is the budget we're currently working with.

Appreciate the suggestion though.

Reply to Thread