? servers

? players online

Mass Shootings, American Pride, Gun Laws...

• Content Count:  908

5 hours ago, Manny said:

Arguing semantics on "Mass Shootings" = weirdo

"you can kill people with other things" = weirdo

"ummm actually, banning guns won't do anything" = weirdo

Vile.

nejmc2201761_f1.jpeg

"The problem is unique to America and very difficult to solve" = weirdo + Oxymoron

Other countries were able to solve the problem before it ever became a problem. Goofy ass.

So as I said it’s impossible to ban guns right now and probably will continue to be that way in the future, so what’s your solution? Complain online about how Vile I am for not entertaining wild out of reach impossible ideas?

Edited by Infinityward

• Content Count:  634

14 hours ago, Infinityward said:

Example:

22752b8ffca6dc58082b1e91eb138dbd.png85dd9080853ea981032f9e6de711006d.png

Both semi-auto, both fire the 5.56 round, but one looks militaristic and one looks like a hunting rifle.

one IS "militaristic" as it is highly modable for a new end user. Both ARE "militaristic" as they both shoot projectiles intended to end a life on the other end.

neither are MILITARY RIFLES.

And whatever security theater Cali is doing solves nothing.

proven by the invention of the bump stock. a tool used to get around earlier gun laws restricting the functional use of specific weapons.

That's extremely naïve to say, banning guns and keeping them out of the country might work for an island like Australia or New Zealand,

no it hasn't really helped. We are currently in the middle of a shooting epidemic here in NZ.  The main difference is Americans see "Mass Shootings" as more tragic than a single shooting, so they ignore the fact that gun violence is a problem in most countries and it is being sold to the American public at a disproportionate rate to the reality.

More populous means more incidents. That should be common sense.

14 hours ago, kabLe said:

So you think an insane psycho won’t learn to build a bomb or simply drive an SUV through a school?

I figured it would be obvious but gun control will not stop mass killings. You could get rid of every gun in America and people will still find a way to commit atrocities. Saying this could have been avoided had we gotten rid of guns is disingenuous and does nothing to solve the actual problem.

A solid step in the right direction with this mindset!!

Mental health and social development are the two largest factors for the type of gun violence that gets spattered over the media, yet no one will even start to approach the subject that way.

9 hours ago, Manny said:

Arguing semantics on "Mass Shootings" = weirdo

"you can kill people with other things" = weirdo

"ummm actually, banning guns won't do anything" = weirdo

Vile.

nejmc2201761_f1.jpeg

"The problem is unique to America and very difficult to solve" = weirdo + Oxymoron

Other countries were able to solve the problem before it ever became a problem. Goofy ass.

you used the word oxymoron like it has weight on the word 'moron', so listen here moron that is not how the context of that word works.

I'm curious what other countries you are speaking of. maybe Mexico? Peru? Brazil? places in Africa? or in countries like the Philippines?  all of these countries have crippling issues that go way beyond the effects of gun violence, and a lot of them have gun violence too.

Countries in Europe? Just wait for one to start another war (lol another another war but

Ukraine doesn't count?) and then get back to me about weapons related violence being an issue.

And see that line that says suffocation? Ever wondered how many of those deaths were parents comitting  homicide?

Dont forget people can be vile regardless of their affiliations or their political views.

11 hours ago, Hawks said:

Overall there isn't a blanket solution to this whole situation. There will be toes stepped on regardless of what direction America takes, but there is steps to prevent and lower the chance of mass shootings in the country. You just need to get everybody on the same page first which I know will probably never happen.

yes.

10 hours ago, Phoenix_ said:

we need MORE guns.

yes!

heres the bottom line. 

IF THE PROBLEM YOU SEEK TO SOLVE IS MASS SHOOTINGS EVER OCCOURING, THE ONLY SOLUTION IS THE COMPLETE ERADICATIONS OF GUNS GLOBALLY.

PICK YOUR CLUCKING MUTHA DUCKING BATTLES BETTER PEOPLES.

• Content Count:  1799

38 minutes ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

you used the word oxymoron like it has weight on the word 'moron', so listen here moron that is not how the context of that word works.

I'm curious what other countries you are speaking of. maybe Mexico? Peru? Brazil? places in Africa? or in countries like the Philippines?  all of these countries have crippling issues that go way beyond the effects of gun violence, and a lot of them have gun violence too.

Countries in Europe? Just wait for one to start another war (lol another another war but

Ukraine doesn't count?) and then get back to me about weapons related violence being an issue.

And see that line that says suffocation? Ever wondered how many of those deaths were parents comitting  homicide?

Dont forget people can be vile regardless of their affiliations or their political views.

Weirdo. Moron. Poo Poo Head. Silly goofy goober. Little dummy. You're funny.

4 hours ago, Infinityward said:

So as I said it’s impossible to ban guns right now and probably will continue to be that way in the future, so what’s your solution? Complain online about how Vile I am for not entertaining wild out of reach impossible ideas?

Never said we should ban guns. 

9 hours ago, kabLe said:

So whats your plan Manny? Should we get rid of the second amendment altogether?

Okay lets do it. Whats step 1? Putting in legislation that bans the sale and possession of any and all firearms? Okay I'm with you. So how do we go about getting rid of the guns people have already paid for to legally own that we have decided are now illegal? Do you go to their house and ask them nicely to turn them in? Probably going to go with firearms to collect their firearms, ya know just in case. Also, how do you force them to turn in their guns without invading their privacy and becoming a tyrannical form of government which would probably make people not want to give you their guns?

Okay, now after flexing your tyranny over the period of a year you've finally got rid of all the registered firearms. Now what? No more gun violence? What about the people who didn't have a registered firearm? 

Also, jumbo shrimp is an oxymoron, america having a unique problem of being flooded with hundreds of millions of guns to an extent no other country has ever had or currently has and it being a difficult problem to solve, is not an oxy moron. You're just fucking retarded.

Again, idk why "you people" are strawmanning tf out of this. 

Should we get rid of the second amendment altogether? Maybe, amendments can always be added. Isn't the constitution supposed to be a "living" document? For me though, I don't think we need to add any amendments.

Step 1? Probably just better gun backgrounds checks. A National Registry is another interesting idea I've heard. I believe we should fund programs that promote safe gun ownership. Generally, it should be at least a little more difficult to obtain such a deadly weapon. Personally, I don't think it's exactly a crazy idea to ban any specific "gun." The AR-15 is a popular choice amongst "Mass Shooters" why can't we admit that and pull the plug on legal sales? I know you can still get it illegally, but the whole point is to make it harder for people to get. 

How would you get people to hand over guns? Buyback programs. I'm not even opposed to the idea that any with a "banned firearm" be allowed to keep it under the condition they document it under a National Registry. Well... what about people that don't want to do that??? Then good for them, I'm sure there would be a surprising amount of people willing to play ball, who knows tho. 

Tyranny sounds kina fire tho too.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5377

as long as the rest of the world thinks there's a gun for every man,  woman, and child in every household here the prospect of a ground invasion in the United States is slim to none. The government probably uses this to their advantage and thus probably cares very little about security theatre legislation.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

6 hours ago, The Real Slim Jim said:

We are currently in the middle of a shooting epidemic here in NZ.  The main difference is Americans see "Mass Shootings" as more tragic than a single shooting, so they ignore the fact that gun violence is a problem in most countries and it is being sold to the American public at a disproportionate rate to the reality

Would you care to explain further into this? you're from there so you may know more than myself but I read this and got curious... So I found the 2019 Homicide report from NZ and only 12% (96 total deaths) involved a firearm. Now, any amount of murder is too much murder but I would find it hard to call that a shooting epidemic when in the US in 2019, about 74% (10258 total deaths) were from a firearm. Source Source 2

So does the US? Not to defend manny because his take was also shit but like America is literally being held together by the fact we're rich as a nation. Much like these other places, we have crumbling infrastructure, political corruption, social/political divide, failing education system, etc. 

IF THE PROBLEM YOU SEEK TO SOLVE IS MASS SHOOTINGS EVER OCCOURING, THE ONLY SOLUTION IS THE COMPLETE ERADICATIONS OF GUNS GLOBALLY.

PICK YOUR CLUCKING MUTHA DUCKING BATTLES BETTER PEOPLES.

This is completely irrational and will never happen

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1799

3 hours ago, Phoenix_ said:

So does the US? Not to defend manny because his take was also shit but like America is literally being held together by the fact we're rich as a nation. Much like these other places, we have crumbling infrastructure, political corruption, social/political divide, failing education system, etc. 

tmw when stating a fact, that other countries do not have the same gun-related issues as America, is a shit take... :weird:

• Content Count:  2206

29 minutes ago, Manny said:

tmw when stating a fact, that other countries do not have the same gun-related issues as America, is a shit take... :weird:

That’s a shit take in a gun control debate to come in and say “other countries don’t have this problem”

you don’t provide any supporting evidence, you don’t even provide a list of countries that I’ve supposedly fixed their problem. You haven’t even stated what the problem is. UK has more knife violence then the US. Guess we solved that problem before it became a problem….by legalizing guns.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3150

36 minutes ago, kabLe said:

That’s a shit take in a gun control debate to come in and say “other countries don’t have this problem”

you don’t provide any supporting evidence, you don’t even provide a list of countries that I’ve supposedly fixed their problem. You haven’t even stated what the problem is. UK has more knife violence then the US. Guess we solved that problem before it became a problem….by legalizing guns.

Uhhhh

Updated statistics as of May 31, 2022

(specifically high-income countries)

firearm_Page_1.png

bar_animated_pct_u20_19992019.gif

firearm_Page_3.png

(Source: https://www.healthdata.org/acting-data/gun-violence-united-states-outlier)

Confirming above data and comparing to Canada/Europe/Oceanic folk

2e22abe0010fdb1e66fcfeb64504e208.png

7eb2856e21bb422ee23fa18a3b2bea0f.png

0a81ef430b31812ca068f883cd43ed73.png

(Source: https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-deaths-by-country)

Comparative knife crime statistics in UK:

(total crimes)

(Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42749089)

Let me know if you need help reading the charts since you apparently can't be bothered to look shit up yourself.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1583

No amount of tragedies justify relinquishing the right and ability to the people to overthrow a tyrannical government.

The majority of legislation proposed or passed can easily be twisted or modified to include anyone the government sees unfit to own and operate a firearm. Mental health checks discourage people from seeking treatment and includes a large amount of people that suffer from problems in living in an anti-human society created by institutions.

10 hours ago, Manny said:

Personally, I don't think it's exactly a crazy idea to ban any specific "gun." The AR-15 is a popular choice amongst "Mass Shooters" why can't we admit that and pull the plug on legal sales? I know you can still get it illegally, but the whole point is to make it harder for people to get. 

This is like saying the Honda Civic is the most commonly crashed vehicle because it's dangerous to drive lol. It's just the most widely produced, readily available, and popular platform. There is nothing about it that makes it inherently more affective at killing large amounts of people than any other rifle on the market.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3150

3 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

No amount of tragedies justify relinquishing the right and ability to the people to overthrow a tyrannical government.

The majority of legislation proposed or passed can easily be twisted or modified to include anyone the government sees unfit to own and operate a firearm. Mental health checks discourage people from seeking treatment and includes a large amount of people that suffer from problems in living in an anti-human society created by institutions.

Excuse me sir you dropped this:

Download Tinfoil Hat Png - Tinfoil Hat Transparent Background PNG Image  with No Background - PNGkey.com

Sidenote: Mental health checks would be more akin to having a psych review prior to purchasing a gun, so it would really only discourage people from getting a gun based on wanting to avoid having a pysch review. It wouldn't discourage anyone seeking treatment outside of that.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread