? servers

? players online

Lightyear: Ain't no son of mine seeing two girls kiss

• Content Count:  1583

5 hours ago, BoM said:

In an odd moment of post nut clarity after vigorous unprotected fucking I thought to myself...hmm maybe the Christians are onto something. Then I rolled over and spooned my boyfriend, forgetting all about it.

A bigot by definition is "a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction"

It's 2022 and Christians are crying about an innocent kiss between two women because they are extrapolating their outmoded and outdated beliefs about any display of affection and expecting that Disney should have what...put a warning? 'TWO PEOPLE KISS IN THIS MOVIE'

Only in reality if it was a girl and a guy there would be no issue. If that isn't an unreasonable attachment to a belief or opinion I don't know what is. Maybe don't take your kids to the movies anymore. Also maybe try a new religion or lose some of the garbage sentiments set forth centuries ago. Fucking pitiful. 

Sorry I'm really not about people hiding behind religion, law, or any other bullshit that avoids the crux of the matter. Disney has been showing people kiss for decades lmao..

We're not talking about a warning or people crying. We're talking about wether or not it's bigoted or unethical to not care for showing your kids things 🤨 seems like you have some pent up aggression towards someone that only exists in your head

The traditionalist perspective is literally just "this worked for me and my parents and my parents parents to have a healthy and meaningful life - why not do it or introduce it to my kids instead of letting them be raised by a world full of so many people that seem lost, confused, and hurt?"

https://www.nami.org/Blogs/NAMI-Blog/December-2016/The-Mental-Health-Benefits-of-Religion-Spiritual#:~:text=Religion gives people something to,rates%2C alcoholism and drug use.

Seems to be widely proven that it does help people with accomplishing that goal, maybe you need to be a bit bigoted to be mentally healthy or maybe it's just an unfortunate side effect or dogmatism (it is), either way, seems like a worthwhile trade of for people.

• Content Count:  3150

3 hours ago, Gentoo said:

We're not talking about a warning or people crying. We're talking about wether or not it's bigoted or unethical to not care for showing your kids things 🤨 seems like you have some pent up aggression towards someone that only exists in your head

Did I not express answers to both of these things? As I stated...comparative to your comments...this is how Disney has done it for decades and this is the first I'm seeing of it being unethical or an issue. Similarly I explained how this is in fact bigoted thinking to care in such a negative way and be unreasonably attached to these beliefs. 

If you want to raise your kids in such a specific way you should maybe not bring them to the movies rather than unreasonably expecting that everyone around you not showing kissing or same sex relations etc.

Please keep wasting everyone's time being an emotionless drone that thinks everyone is somehow a bleeding diehard on a matter because they don't approach every argument from the point of view of a sociopath. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2164

8 hours ago, Gentoo said:

Amish don't introduce their children to modern technology until they're 18, is that bigotry?

No because you can't be bigoted towards technology. But saying outright "I don't want to show this movie to X because it has gay people" is literally bigotry. What exactly do you think is an example of bigotry if not outright saying you don't want gay people in your movies????

8 hours ago, Gentoo said:

Should they not be free to believe in and practice their religion?

Are we back to the legality == morality argument? Are you asking me if christians are immoral?

• Like 1
Edited by jazzy

1 hour ago, BoM said:

Did I not express answers to both of these things? As I stated...comparative to your comments...this is how Disney has done it for decades and this is the first I'm seeing of it being unethical or an issue. Similarly I explained how this is in fact bigoted thinking to care in such a negative way and be unreasonably attached to these beliefs. 

If you want to raise your kids in such a specific way you should maybe not bring them to the movies rather than unreasonably expecting that everyine around you not showing kissing or same sex relations etc.

Please keep wasting everyone's time being an emotionless drone that thinks everyone is somehow a bleeding diehard on a matter because they don't approach every argument from the point of view of a sociopath. 

Yeah my issue with how you argue things is that you strawman things as hard as possible and then tend to get overly emotional about it like dropping a bunch of profanity and calling people retards is going to convince anyone of anything. I mean sure if you just want everyone to know how right you are for believing everything that's commonly accepted then just pointing back to the fact that it's commonly accepted any time someone asks you to justify it, go for it I guess.

For whatever reason, it seems a lot of parents don't want to show their kids a gay couple raising kids, and like you said, Disney obviously knows this and hasn't had it in their movies for decades and didn't bother putting it in any marketing material or otherwise telling people. Obviously anyone who doesn't want to show that to their kids is going to see it as a sleight - it probably was. If you want to, you can keep wasting everyone's time by spazzing out, or you could explain what is wrong with parents not wanting to show a particular lifestyle choice (not group of people) to their children - so long as they are not actively promoting hate?

12 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

Yeah my issue with how you argue things is that you strawman things as hard as possible and then tend to get overly emotional about it like dropping a bunch of profanity and calling people retards is going to convince anyone of anything. I mean sure if you just want everyone to know how right you are for believing everything that's commonly accepted then just pointing back to the fact that it's commonly accepted any time someone asks you to justify it, go for it I guess.

None of that happened here. If anything you are the one who seems to be calling on peoples' character and name calling. All I did here was address the religious based stance being used and explained how it is being unreasonably applied in this context. You sure you're okay?

Nowhere did I strawman, stop throwing around inflammatory phrases with no basis or reasoning beyond your own resentment. Is what is happening a definitive example of bigotry? yes. See my argument above about this being an *unreasonable attachment to a belief*.

8 minutes ago, BoM said:

None of that happened here. If anything you are the one who seems to be calling on peoples' character and name calling. All I did here was address the religious based stance being used and explained how it is being unreasonably applied in this context. You sure you're okay?

Nowhere did I strawman, stop throwing around inflammatory phrases with no basis or reasoning beyond your own resentment. Is what is happening a definitive example of bigotry? yes. See my argument above about this being an *unreasonable attachment to a belief*.

As mentioned in jazzys post, bigotry applies specifically to a group of people - not a lifestyle choice. Even still, if it's religiously founded, you can't argue it as unreasonable, assuming you respect people's right to believe and practice religion that is.

9 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

As mentioned in jazzys post, bigotry applies specifically to a group of people - not a lifestyle choice. Even still, if it's religiously founded, you can't argue it as unreasonable, assuming you respect people's right to believe and practice religion that is.

LOL what are you calling a lifestyle choice here? Religion is a protected class right alongside sex (which includes sexual orientation AND gender identity) and outside of the law is not simply considered a 'lifestyle choice' [lets not start that argument of it 'being a choice to be gay'] sooo where are we getting that two same sex people kissing does not represent a specific group of people.

I can argue its unreasonable all I want, I really don't give a fuck about people's right to believe and practice what they want when it means using religion to justify the obvious disgust and a times hatred of another group of people. If your religion is not capable of wholehearted inclusion of all people from all walks of life then I do not respect it or plan to validate it in any fashion.

1 minute ago, BoM said:

LOL what are you calling a lifestyle choice here? Religion is a protected class right alongside sex (which includes sexual orientation AND gender identity) sooo where are we getting that two same sex people kissing does not represent a specific group of people.

I can argue its unreasonable all I want, I really don't give a fuck about people's right to believe and practice what they want when it means using religion to justify the obvious disgust and a times hatred of another group of people. If your religion is not capable of wholehearted inclusion of all people from all walks of life then I do not respect it or plan to validate it in any fashion.

Here you are clinging to just as much dogma and closed mindedness as those you accuse LOL

Being sexually attracted to certain people would put you under a specific group of people, choosing to seek out a partner and raise children with them would not - that's a lifestyle choice. 

It doesn't take fear, disgust or hate to say that you don't believe in validating or normalizing that lifestyle.

17 minutes ago, Gentoo said:

Here you are clinging to just as much dogma and closed mindedness as those you accuse LOL

Being sexually attracted to certain people would put you under a specific group of people, choosing to seek out a partner and raise children with them would not - that's a lifestyle choice. 

Oh man...you've gone off the deep end. So basically you're arguing the issue is that they get together and raise children in a two-mom or two-dad setting? Please tell me how I'm being close minded for thinking that it's okay for people to raise kids together no matter their sexual orientation. I'm sorry I really don't see how its like Piece A (have lesbian partner) is being put so far apart from Piece B (wanting to raise a child with your partner)...do we not tend to piece those two things together in life?

It doesn't take fear, disgust or hate to say that you don't believe in validating or normalizing that lifestyle.

So they can fuck they just can't raise kids? What? Also if it's not fear, disgust, or hate then what motivates it? An unreasonable attachment to a belief perhaps?

• Like 1

Reply to Thread