? servers

? players online

God damn school proxy

• Content Count:  2903

To get back at them, dowload some uselessly large image and video files from the internet that take days to complete onto every computer. The network bandwidth usage will do one of two things depending on their setup.

1. The ISP allocates more bandwidth and charges a premium, the school district foots a 50,000$ bill and learns a lesson.

or more likely...

2. Nobody can use the interwebs, causing chaos.

beating school firewalls is tough, just google search proxies until you find one that works and is free.

We did that with the Windows 7 beta. :LOL:

-Modgers

• Content Count:  8

Two words: Remote Desktop.

Proxies are dirty and they try to sniff your browser/credential habbits. That's why they're so eager to advertise them to you. Find a more secure box to connect to.

• Content Count:  3440

Did you stop to think that maybe the school has your best interest in mind here.

They want you to have the resources you NEED for school work without the distractions of tEh Almighty InterWebZ.

I would recommend that you further your education while you have time allocated to (instead of trying to make time later in life) that and stop dicking around at school. Of course when I was in school I did my best to do anything but school work. I got lucky and have a good career.. but still at times wish I'd spent less time trying to get around things and spent more time working with the system.

• Content Count:  6741

Hmm, what Itch said basically.

Someone mentioned Remote Desktop which is good but I know that it's sometimes disabled on basic user accounts.

A great site I use is http://www.logmein.com (obviously your PC has to be switched on at home) which will give you decent remote access to any computer you install it's software on. I generally use it to put films on download from work as my connection is so much better during the day.

Reply to Thread