? servers

? players online

Pot

• Content Count:  1938

Except that I think

that ALL drugs is going a bit too far. LSD and a few other drugs are known to fuck shit up for your kids,

too. Since drugs like LSD are laced with PCP/TCP etc., they can cause chromosome damage and make your

child be born looking like a kumquat. Screw up your OWN life, it's ok. Screw up a child's life, it's not.

The hell you talking about? No one laces LSD, the concentrations of LSD are so minute that it would be utterly ridiculous. You are thinking about laced marijuana which is a rare occurrence at best. Not to mention the reason why marijuana would be laced with PCP would be for the user to smoke the PCP compound. PCP is a liquid and needs a smokable material to be sprayed on to inhale; LSD blotters don't make the cut.

• Content Count:  3391

Thanks man. you just summed up almost everything that I was going to say in one post. Except that I think

that ALL drugs is going a bit too far. LSD and a few other drugs are known to fuck shit up for your kids,

too. Since drugs like LSD are laced with PCP/TCP etc., they can cause chromosome damage and make your

child be born looking like a kumquat. Screw up your OWN life, it's ok. Screw up a child's life, it's not.

Thanks :) But that last bit about child defects from LSD are known fakes. Obviously, if you take it while you're pregnant then yes, something will go wrong, but taking on occasion will not have any adverse affects on chromosomes or cause birth defects. Don't buy into that bullshit propaganda from the 60's and 70's.

http://www.serendipity.li/dmt/chromosomes.htm

• Content Count:  868

Personally, I think all drugs should be legalized and taxed. Everyone owns their own body, they should be able to do what they want with it. As long as what they do does not harm anyone else it should be legal. The only reason why marijuana is illegal is because of the threat of hemp used to replace clothing and other industrial needs. It is amazingly strong and cheap to manufacture. All the bullshit scare tactics from the 50's and 60's are false.

You kinda countered your own point. All drugs cannot be legalized, and the underlined above is exactly why. Any drug that fucks with your mind(psychedelic substances) in a significant way is hazardous to those around the person taking the drug. Furthermore, mankind on the whole is fucking stupid. People are still killing each other because folks are driving while they're drunk(it's a fucking miracle that alcohol hasn't been banned yet). You introduce drugs that induce hallucinations and a wide range of emotions like paranoia, anger and fear, and you're asking for innocent people to be killed... vehicular manslaughter included.

I'm all for legalizing weed(because it mellows people out), so long as you are absolutely not allowed to be high outside unless you are in a controlled environment(meaning you're being watched) and you shouldn't be high in indoor public places without the same kind of supervision. Weed should be enjoyed in the comfort of a home. But again, we're still running over people while intoxicated so even if weed were to be made legal with such heavy regulation, people will die because of someone that's high.

Edited by BOOWY

• Content Count:  3391

You kinda countered your own point. All drugs cannot be legalized, and the underlined above is exactly why. Any drug that fucks with your mind(psychedelic substances) in a significant way is hazardous to those around the person taking the drug. Furthermore, mankind on the whole is fucking stupid. People are still killing each other because folks are driving while they're drunk(it's a fucking miracle that alcohol hasn't been banned yet). You introduce drugs that induce hallucinations and a wide range of emotions like paranoia, anger and fear, and you're asking for innocent people to be killed... vehicular manslaughter included.

I'm all for legalizing weed(because it mellows people out), so long as you are absolutely not allowed to be high outside unless you are in a controlled environment(meaning you're being watched) and you shouldn't be high in indoor public places without the same kind of supervision. Weed should be enjoyed in the comfort of a home. But again, we're still running over people while intoxicated so even if weed were to be made legal with such heavy regulation, people will die because of someone that's high.

So, if I take a hallucinogenic drug alone I might harm the visions that I see? Just because people drive drunk does not mean people will drive under the influence of other drugs. Correlation does not mean causation. You can't prove that deaths will go up if drugs are legalized, because they aren't and there have been no records previous to them being illegal.

More people die from the import, selling, and battling of drugs than do users of said drug. Take away the ability for people to harvest and sell the drug and you take away the reason for them to fight for control over the street.

People that get caught driving drunk face high penalties. People under the influence of drugs would face similar penalties. We're a smart civilization, we can figure out how to cope with drugs being legal. Like I said before, if someone wants to get high, they will, regardless of law. These laws don't protect us, they hurt us by allowing the criminals to profit and gives them reason to continue killing each other and civilians because they want control. If the government regulated drugs then the cartels would wither away.

• Content Count:  1938

So, if I take a hallucinogenic drug alone I might harm the visions that I see? Just because people drive drunk does not mean people will drive under the influence of other drugs. Correlation does not mean causation. You can't prove that deaths will go up if drugs are legalized, because they aren't and there have been no records previous to them being illegal.

Although I do agree with your statements and the benefits of legalization of illicit substances, I must say that you can not speak of the effects of a hallucinogenic drug and how it can affect others unless you yourself have experienced a psychedelic trip.

Even an alone individual in the comfort of his home may find himself outside and in the public area under the influences of a psychedelic drug. It happens, it has happened to me, and it has happened to friends. This alone though can not invalidate the argument to not legalize psychedelic substances because the ability and will to venture into the public sector while intoxicated is an individual act whether or not you are conscious about it. A man in a drunken stupor wandering down the street is just the same as a man in a psychedelic trip wandering down the street; with regards to intoxication and public domain.

The point of the legalization of drugs is harm REDUCTION. Not to wipe out all forms of drug related deaths; which is idealistic and childish. The main argument should be whether more violence and deaths are found withing the different legality of drugs, because there is always risk involved in drug use whether illegal or legal.

Reply to Thread