? servers

? players online

WoW private servers

• Content Count:  1590

Piracy. It's not illegal, the film, music and game industry recognize it, and know it's there. :weird:

EDIT: This is a piece of the End User License Agreement by the way that you agree to before you get a chance to log into anything through World of Warcraft:

Like crimson said blizzard allows them as long as the server dosent make money off of it

• Content Count:  2942

No private servers are not illegal. Blizzard has recognized a few of them and allow this to happen. There are websites all over the internet with the top 100, 50, 20, 10 etc. If this was really illegal they would already be shut down. Ever since WoW came out there were private servers, and there always will be private servers.

• Content Count:  1078

They are illegal. Read Blizzard's ToA and shit ffs = / There's no sugar coating it with "They're not making money." It's 100% illegal, but unless its a serious problem/easily taken care of(I.E the creator actually gives out his email, address, full name, etc) Blizzard doesn't really care(LOL they still have 12+ million players, honestly it'd be a waste to try and recruit people who obviously aren't going to pay for the real thing if they're willing to risk crashes and viruses just to play a laggy shit version of the game.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  8383

They are illegal. Read Blizzard's ToA and shit ffs = / There's no sugar coating it with "They're not making money." It's 100% illegal, but unless its a serious problem/easily taken care of(I.E the creator actually gives out his email, address, full name, etc) Blizzard doesn't really care(LOL they still have 12+ million players, honestly it'd be a waste to try and recruit people who obviously aren't going to pay for the real thing if they're willing to risk crashes and viruses just to play a laggy shit version of the game.

If the company doesnt care, then why do you care?

Edited by Drox

• Content Count:  680

Prob is illegal but im sure loads of the big private servers that actually make money out of it would have been shutdown if blizzard gave a shit.

>.> i used to play on em till my WoW's 4th disk broke! cant re-install without some long 24hour dl >.

• Content Count:  1078

If the company doesnt care, then why do you care?

O.o.. Let's reread my message.. Where did i say "I care." Its not like it takes an hour to post a message, it just attracted my attention.

Reply to Thread