? servers

? players online

Petition to bring back old admin app system

• Content Count:  2833

Hmm well I don't think they are going to change it back honestly. But they may change the way it is now. So lets give them some suggestions on how to make the system better instead of bitching about how shitty it is now. From the looks of it both ways were flawed.

So how can we make the admin application process better?

I like the idea of letting the Hons vote. Im not too keen on the regs though...hmm.

• Content Count:  4263

Try pming some of the BDs/AOs to get their opinions. Ask why it was changed and find out their reasoning.

I don't really have much issue with the system, if we have issues with poor admins coming through, we rarely know this by simply playing with them a few times. Most of the poor admins simply have either not known how to admin, have cracked under pressure, or have changed a few months into having admin.

The issue i find with the system is that it is some of the applicants I may of played with once or twice, and not formed agood enough opinion of whether they are admin quality or not. In these cases i have decided to wait and try to find this out, and not post in the mean time. I obviously can't base a decision on others opinions, yet i do find they are either accepted or rejected long before i have decided.

I can't blame this on supporters not being active, as if they get accepted they have obviously been active, its more likely due to time difference and different servers (me scrimming a lot doesn't help in some cases).

These are some of the requirements (copied from the join us description), with my comments and suggestions beneath

To become an Admin you must be a Supporter for at least 14 days prior to requesting to have your account upgraded to Admin.

Time period is fair enough, to make sure they don't apply with 1 post. I don't think extending it will help us better decide, as if they apply after 2 weeks we have the option then to say reapply instead of simply forcing all to wait longer. Maybe the poll in the application could have 3 answers (Yes, ReApply, No) to help distinguish this overall, without trawling through every post.

Once your initiation period is over you can fill out the "Request Upgrade" form. If you receive a vote of 80% approval from your peers then your account will be upgraded.

80% seems very arbitary, i would prefer if a proper, debated decison was made. This was what the old system focused on, but was limited as often the BDs would not know a player. I would prefer if we could come up with a better system than simply say switch back to the old. Maybe we could have a private discussion thread for each application, so their peers can properly debate an applicants merits? this would be made private, so if they do get accepted they cannot see what others have said about them.

Edited by Jaffa

• Content Count:  4263

Been there done that, did jack shit.

Then you are doing it wrong. I've never had an issue communicating with the AOs/BDs, and your not gonna get very far with this petition if you don't get their attention.

• Content Count:  4685

Then you are doing it wrong. I've never had an issue communicating with the AOs/BDs, and your not gonna get very far with this petition if you don't get their attention.

Mabey these BD's will be ebtter then our last set and listen.

• Content Count:  4198

If only there was some way in which certain members of the community could send in suggestions of sorts, for the higher ups to review; proposals, if you will. Then once these suggestions gained a certain support ratio they would finally be reviewed by the Board of Directors after having two administrative officers approve of the idea(s)...

Oh well.

Reply to Thread