? servers

? players online

Petition to bring back old admin app system

• Content Count:  11725

I actually called that one. Its all fine until someone is an ass to other people before they agree with you.

If this petition will actually be considered by the higher ups, then I support it. I don't think it should be cast aside as another one of those spur of the moment internet petitions.

This might work Italian.

Scout gave good reasons for this.

SG still made money the old way so why change it.

I think the mem/reg should stay but admin/support needs to go back

• Content Count:  2596

I wasnt here for old system so i feel i cant accuratly say yes.

I also find it funny that people who haven't been here all that long agree with it.

You guys, i came from new system! hows it bad?

• Content Count:  11725

I wasnt here for old system so i feel i cant accuratly say yes.

I also find it funny that people who haven't been here all that long agree with it.

You guys, i came from new system! hows it bad?

I dont think its bad.

Really both sides are the same,

the price is the same and if a support gets admin and abuses it.

You know what happens

• Content Count:  4960

Meh, I haven't done these a while and I'm kind of rusty...

I do not support this pention at all, I'm 100% against going back to the old one. You guys say that the administrator applying system has flaws? Well every system has flaws, and I can personally say that the old application had much more flaws. I'm going to point out the flaws equally as bad in the old application system and how the old system had much more flaws. I do not believe that this application system is worse or more flawed than the old one.

You guys say that some people, supporters, are voting yes on random applications just to get a vote on their application. Yes that is a major flaw. But in the old system with Supporters down ability to post and criticize, people applying for the old system could easily get another supporter below to support them. I've seen lots of times when people would go on their friends list just to get most of their friends to support them in their application. That flaw is much worse than the flaw of the 'I vouch you, you vouch me' flaw in the new application system, and that flaw could lead to several repeat horrible admins like Leechbox and Solman which of course we do not want. We haven't gotten a mass banner or a 'fuck you guys, I'm rage quitting' admin since the new application system. But we do get dumbass admins of course like sneezing panda, but the result could be equally the same even worse in the old application system since random people can vote.

Continuing on vouch for vouch. The old system worked the same way too, and people didn't have problems doing that. People who applied for admin in the old application system can equally jump into a random application and support for a support, it's not like it's going to be different. That's actually a permanent flaw in all types of systems, it's not like it gets any worse in the new application system, it actually gets better.

You say that people buy supporter just to get admin. How the flying fuck is that bad at all? People actually did that with the old system too, I personally got supporter just for skins and to see if I can get a slightly higher chance at admin. We get three benefits from it. One is money, which of course we could really use right now regarding how we almost missed a payment a couple months ago. If we change the system then those people who bought supporter for admin will be dissappearing. What does that mean? There will be a huge hole in our economy. That will totally ruin our servers-- less money=less servers=less quality=less people joining=smaller community=complete collapse. Benefit two is that the person buying supporter proves to us that he can handle paying for his membership monthly. That means less "I'll pay later after I get my money from etc etc" applications that are utterly useless.

You guys say that we've gotten crappy admins from the new system. :clap:. Have we gotten a mass banner in our new system yet? Have we gotten a scammer? Have we gotten a fucking guy pretending to be a girl? Have we gotten a person pretending to be older than they really are? Have we gotten an admin who's attention span is lower than my sympathy of racists? I can tell you. We've gotten WORSE ADMINS in our old system than in OUR NEW SYSTEM. There's been how many bad admins in our new system.. what one our two? Yes you can say it's because the system hasn't been around that long, but in the time it's been here we've barely gotten any of those type of admins I've listen above, actually not even one. Why? I don't know, but it works, and it's not smart to replace something that works well.

There are alot of more flaws in the old application system than the new one. For example there were lots of just joined applications. Well, we didn't get any money for that because they needed to pay after they get approved. Well, we get just joined supporters who do an application too, but guess what? They pay for supporter too and end up getting rejected. We get their money, they get rejected, one less retard. That's something we don't get the benefit or pleasure of in the old application system.

Another flaw is that in the old application system usually if a couple higher ups said no it would instantly get rejected. No questions at all. That meant that other supports from less "valuable" members were obviously ignored. In the new system it's more like democracy. Even if one or two higher ups say no and a shit load of supporters or server admins say yes we obviously know who's going to win. What does that mean? It makes getting admin easier, that isn't necessarily a bad thing and there are a couple benefits to that. But bottom line we do need the money.

You guys also say that we are a community and everyone needs to vote. If the average IQ level was below 70 I would support that. I like the old application system, but this system works out more for us considering our situation. If you want to change it go ahead, but there will be a lot of problems afterward.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  881

THIS WAS WRITTEN POST ORIGINAL PARAGRAPH

SNIP.

I agree with what Andre is saying (click the arrow to read the whole post, i didnt want mine to be too long) BUT i think the fact is...Andre, how long had the old system been there for say Itend, Leech, Obez, and others mentioned there? and this 1? My point is that those people will show again (not the ppl them selves just that type in general) so i think that is more a time difference. But as i state in my original paragraphs, it is not the bad apple but the quality over all:

Red Tampon

Cloud Strike

raven maniac

Tcp-Kill

Astrum

VenomousFate

tinkerbell

Jaffa

Paul

Killermidget

HighSky

Ambulancia

Beth

Mystique

Jager

LVG

GarfieldH

Daze

Henda

broncoty

Edo

Falcon04

James

VirDeBello

Jasper

The Green Bastard

Silent

Repeat

Blank

Modgers1

Luxz0rz

juku

PotshotPolka

andre1028

Itch

Mikey

Jewpiter

2fast

Third

Huwajux

Crimson

Spartan

TofuShop

Tyrant

Cranks

EspioNage

NOW how many of these (higher ups) were in the old system... and i dont wanna hear its all time... Beth was a CA so fast my head spun, so my point is that though a lot of SHITTY admins came from the old system, but it had a lot of good ones too.

I still wait to see when a "new" system admin will rise to the worthy-ness of higher up status. Also when the first "new" system admin becomes part of your examples, again it is the quality of the admins coming out not the number, or the major fuck ups.

so i ask, who that is new system could you ever see being a higher up?

ORIGINAL PARAGRAPH STARTS HERE

i think that the main problem is that admin complaints are often shitty, no proof, and so on... this causes bad admins to stay admins, ALSO the quality of admins now and then is/has always been a problem. Now how they get admin is less the problem in my mind seeing as this is proof enough i hope:

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9848

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9689

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12699

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18492

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18092

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16481

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19443

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23271

THE reason for all these is that it shows that not all admins in either system are good, nor bad. That is my main concern, as a supporter i vote to give people power greater than my own...i take this seriously and this proves why votes need a conclusive reason, in either system... that way people dont get admin just cause... or you support me i support you/ lick your balls.

That is my problem with BOTH systems, QUALITY, something we lack often, but needs to improve IMO. now i support this idea, but i want if it gets looked at the AOs BDs Red and Haggard to look at it as such, its not the system but the quality of admins the system brings out.

that is all

-thx

Edited by Michael Owen

Reply to Thread