? servers

? players online

Petition to bring back old admin app system

• Content Count:  4685

About the regs voting: I remember awhile back being in deathrun and vitonook (camper) was in there and he is like im applying for admin you guys should vote for me, and everyone (regs) were like yah i would vote for you.

That right there, should be a reason for regs not to vote.

And you wonder why I think 95% of the Regs are retarded.

• Content Count:  4473

You guys say that some people, supporters, are voting yes on random applications just to get a vote on their application. Yes that is a major flaw. But in the old system with Supporters down ability to post and criticize, people applying for the old system could easily get another supporter below to support them. I've seen lots of times when people would go on their friends list just to get most of their friends to support them in their application. That flaw is much worse than the flaw of the 'I vouch you, you vouch me' flaw in the new application system, and that flaw could lead to several repeat horrible admins like Leechbox and Solman which of course we do not want. We haven't gotten a mass banner or a 'fuck you guys, I'm rage quitting' admin since the new application system. But we do get dumbass admins of course like sneezing panda, but the result could be equally the same even worse in the old application system since random people can vote.

All of that didn't really matter because there wasn't an official poll. You could easily ignore the one or two word support posts, especially since it was only really up the BD's. They would make the decision based on what reliable people had to say and how they said it, not by some number that can only be given by someone who pays monthly to do so.

Both systems make it possible to present some form of useless or a bribe support, but asking a friend to support you isn't as bad as asking a stranger to. Your friends know you the most and if you have enough of them supporting you from this community, then the community would approve of you being an admin. The BD's would not necessarily use that solely as a basis for their decision, but it would help them feel comfortable knowing the admin was well respected and known in the community.

In the current system, the BD's no longer really take a personal approach to it anymore unless it is a special case. If it is still solely upon their discretion (or whatever officer does it now), then I'd recommend a non-BS approach that doesn't pretend to use a vote tally to decide who gets admin.

All in all, if you are worried about BS, you can spot it a mile away unless it is hidden by a number.

Continuing on vouch for vouch. The old system worked the same way too, and people didn't have problems doing that. People who applied for admin in the old application system can equally jump into a random application and support for a support, it's not like it's going to be different. That's actually a permanent flaw in all types of systems, it's not like it gets any worse in the new application system, it actually gets better.

Hiding it behind a number doesn't make it better. It does prevent some new people from voting, but you also have new people spending money to vote anyways. What about the opinions of those who have actually been admins or have stayed on the forums/servers for a long ass time? Do we have to buy our vote or opinion as well?

You say that people buy supporter just to get admin. How the flying fuck is that bad at all? People actually did that with the old system too, I personally got supporter just for skins and to see if I can get a slightly higher chance at admin. We get three benefits from it. One is money, which of course we could really use right now regarding how we almost missed a payment a couple months ago. If we change the system then those people who bought supporter for admin will be dissappearing. What does that mean? There will be a huge hole in our economy. That will totally ruin our servers-- less money=less servers=less quality=less people joining=smaller community=complete collapse. Benefit two is that the person buying supporter proves to us that he can handle paying for his membership monthly. That means less "I'll pay later after I get my money from etc etc" applications that are utterly useless.

You are forcing people to go under the assumption that the more money you spend at SG, the more likely it is that you will be accepted as an admin. This is a childish fantasy upheld by many of the supporters who think they can handle the duties of an admin and believe they deserve so because they have already donated X amount of dollars over Y amount of months.

Benefit two isn't entirely true if the admin depends upon a parents account to get the money to you.

By the way, where is your THIRD benefit?

You guys say that we've gotten crappy admins from the new system. :clap:. Have we gotten a mass banner in our new system yet? Have we gotten a scammer? Have we gotten a fucking guy pretending to be a girl? Have we gotten a person pretending to be older than they really are? Have we gotten an admin who's attention span is lower than my sympathy of racists? I can tell you. We've gotten WORSE ADMINS in our old system than in OUR NEW SYSTEM. There's been how many bad admins in our new system.. what one our two? Yes you can say it's because the system hasn't been around that long, but in the time it's been here we've barely gotten any of those type of admins I've listen above, actually not even one. Why? I don't know, but it works, and it's not smart to replace something that works well.

Yes, let's believe in the magic of the new system because understanding that there really was no correlation between the bad admins and the old system is just so completely ridiculous. It obviously wasn't the fact that SG/ZM was desperate for admins, so the BD's or Haggard didn't really take into consideration outlandish circumstances that eventually played out.

The only thing you can say was that those admins were present when SG/ZM was still relatively young or just starting to really grow. There is no real connection between the process and how much of a douche one could be. Keep in mind, we also have a lot of great admins and officers from back then too. If the old system was that bad, we wouldn't have any of our officers.

There are alot of more flaws in the old application system than the new one. For example there were lots of just joined applications. Well, we didn't get any money for that because they needed to pay after they get approved. Well, we get just joined supporters who do an application too, but guess what? They pay for supporter too and end up getting rejected. We get their money, they get rejected, one less retard. That's something we don't get the benefit or pleasure of in the old application system.

Great, taking money from kids who cannot read rules. If that's how we have to stay afloat, then isn't this a fun place run by a bunch of cheeky bastards?

Another flaw is that in the old application system usually if a couple higher ups said no it would instantly get rejected. No questions at all. That meant that other supports from less "valuable" members were obviously ignored. In the new system it's more like democracy. Even if one or two higher ups say no and a shit load of supporters or server admins say yes we obviously know who's going to win. What does that mean? It makes getting admin easier, that isn't necessarily a bad thing and there are a couple benefits to that. But bottom line we do need the money.

If the higher ups say no, they still get the final say. They can override a vote or change the requirements for a successful application.

The new system is more like an aristocracy, except some of those who should vote are left out and replaced by those who shouldn't be anywhere near a keyboard. You still have some admins with some good reasoning, but you also have some wackjobs. The same can be said for HGs, supporters, and regulars. It would be more like a democracy if EVERYONE could vote, not just those who decide to pay for their vote.

You guys also say that we are a community and everyone needs to vote. If the average IQ level was below 70 I would support that. I like the old application system, but this system works out more for us considering our situation. If you want to change it go ahead, but there will be a lot of problems afterward.

The only valid point you made was that we get more money. While this is true, you would still get money by people just buying supporter packages instead of admin packages. You would get rid of those who think it is necessary to donate before being accepted as an admin, but that is just a subtle form of bribery where that person buys your attention.

We have a lot of admins who don't do anything and are just there because they think they look better in green or they lack some form of authority in their life. Whatever the case, they could still provide for SG by donating or being supporters, but if they do not feel the urge to just support SG out of their good will, then SG isn't really worth it if they are only doing it for some powers.

Eventually, we are going to be doing so much shit here we are going to need a community where the majority are supporter/admins. Someone better hand me a damn towel when we get done converting to an internet country club. We'll surely have some mundane officer rank for that position by that point.

About the regs voting: I remember awhile back being in deathrun and vitonook (camper) was in there and he is like im applying for admin you guys should vote for me, and everyone (regs) were like yah i would vote for you.

That right there, should be a reason for regs not to vote.

How many actually did?

• Like 3
Edited by Italian Jew

• Content Count:  2390

Holy Fuck IJ, thats a lot of text.

Anyways, I do agree that the old system was better, granted he never really gave good reasons, so if someone was on the fence they probably wouldn't agree with him.

Anyways, the I understand the point of the new system :

A) Get extra money from people before they actually go for admin

*The old way you could go from a normal player to admin no middle man required

B) Insure only reputable people are part of the decision process [EG: Sups/Admins]

*The old system everyone was able to voice their opinion, whether you paid or not

C) Make the whole admin process easier

*The old system required the approval from a BD (or all of them I'm not sure), now people can get in with only numbers rather than authority approval

All that being said the process is no better than it was before, in fact, because it narrows down the amount of audience that is involved, and it lowers the requirements, it makes it easier to get in. I'm not sure whether or not any bad admins we have now would have been necessarily weeded out with the old process, but chances are more people would have been able to put forth more of the admin-to-be's personality.

It was definitely better when the community as a whole were able to voice their opinions on who would be monitoring their servers, not just those who pay for them to be up. The old app required the person to actually think, create an app that related to them somehow and in that sense, give you a piece of what they are like simple by how they wrote down everything about themselves.

So i Support this petition.

[Although to be honest I doubt they will change it back, regardless of how many people agree]

Edited by Bullet Wound

• Content Count:  2122

B) Insure only reputable people are part of the decision process [EG: Sups/Admins]

*The old system everyone was able to voice their opinion, whether you paid or not

If by reputable you meant "paid", yes. If you meant respected, then no. Many of the supporters who are voting in admin apps right now have been in the community for less than a month

C) Make the whole admin process easier

*The old system required the approval from a BD (or all of them I'm not sure), now people can get in with only numbers rather than authority approval

the new system still requires an approval from a BD or higher(or Garfield)

• Content Count:  2390

If by reputable you meant "paid", yes. If you meant respected, then no. Many of the supporters who are voting in admin apps right now have been in the community for less than a month

the new system still requires an approval from a BD or higher(or Garfield)

Yes i mean paid, and Cloud pretty much said the other part.

Reply to Thread