? servers

? players online

Petition to bring back old admin app system

• Content Count:  2942

I dont know if I am exactly allowed to throw my 2 cents in. I havent been admin for a week yet let alone have seen the old system of admins. I thought about this and I honestly think regular gamers and honorable gamers should be allowed to vote. A lot of times they are alone with the person for extended periods of times and can see if they are exactly admin material. A lot of times people suck up to admins when they are on the servers then when they leave they are rude and disrespectful. If these 2 large groups of people can vote a more honest and valid outcome will most like occur. That is just what I was thinking. Again, I havent been admin for a week yet or seen the old system. But from reading the apps I came to the above conclusion

Edited by Cromyth

• Content Count:  2596

1. not everyone should vote. Maybe HG's MAYBE, but i think they should be allowed to post reg's and up that is should be allowed to post but not vote.

2. Admins should maybe become harder to get more requirments should be put forth to stop theese kind of apps.

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24651

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23742

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23167

Its funny how the requiremnt for reg is 100 posts and 2 months and forums, yet an admin can apply with 1 post and 2 weeks on forums. Instead of changing to the old system tweak the new one. And give Requirments to post your admin app.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3697

1. What Cromyth said, allow people who aren't admins the chance to vote, or at least input their opinion because people do suck up to admins. People will be douching around when I play, and the second an admin comes in they become super friendly. But also people might lie about playing with the person just to screw them over so...

2. More admins=a good thing, even if the occasional bad admin manages to get admin. More admins=more money=more servers=more players. So when alkaline said the admins are getting way to populated, I said...... ERM WHAT??

3. Like Lelouch, I think the system needs to be changed.

I've never applied to become a member, and I never will because being an SG mem, or an SG reg means absolutely nothing. It doesn't even mean that the community likes you or knows who you are.

The only thing I disagree about is the fact that Reg needs 100 posts and 2 months and admin needs 1 post 2 weeks (not the general information about that, because that is factual). To be an admin you need to be a good guy in game. So if you are truly active in game, and everyone knows you, likes you, and supports you on becoming an admin, then 1 post 2 weeks is fine I think.

So while I think things need changing, I don't think the old system is the answer.

EDIT: People don't need to support the community, but the community needs supporters. Which is why admin should be standard with being a supporter. Yes people can chose to be supporters and never apply for admin, and to those people I am truly impressed. But the way I see it, is people don't buy supporter, they buy admin 2 weeks before they are allowed to get it. It is more or less a fact (with some exceptions) so don't be surprised that people are buying sup for admin, when really, everyone just pre-buys admin lol.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

• Content Count:  680

yet an admin can apply with 1 post and 2 weeks on forums.

Wasnt it 25 posts or around that?

Anyway yeah, i think it is a little easy for people to get admin now and i strongly agree that some supporters just say yes to get it in return on their app

Edited by Acessed

• Content Count:  253

I don't think it would be a good idea to go back to the old system, but there needs to be more input from the community when it comes to admin applications. There are some quality applicants, but there could be those who might slip through the cracks because of a bunch of other new-supporters who want to become admin or whatever. Also, it might help to have a minimum post count as a way to guarantee they'll be active here.

• Content Count:  2238

I don't see why you people who got admin with this system posting you want the old one you haven't even seen it and i bet a lot of you wouldn't get admin i can think of a few names on that list. The support way is the easy way and pretty much everyone gets it so yea new admins GG.

• Content Count:  2632

Can we also have a petition to not unban faggots?

you FORGOTS MEEEEEEE im SUPPORTER!!!!!!

was supporter before all this new admin way crap appeared. i dont want to be labeled a 15 year old power hungry noob. i have 0 intentions of becoming an admin. I LOVE THE SUPPORTER SKINS

I don't see why you people who got admin with this system posting you want the old one you haven't even seen it and i bet a lot of you wouldn't get admin i can think of a few names on that list. The support way is the easy way and pretty much everyone gets it so yea new admins GG.

Are you three supporting the petition?

Just wondering because the way you worded your responses really didn't state a support of the petition or a no support

• Content Count:  352

Going back to the old system wouldn't make a big difference, both systems have flaws in different ways (actually, they share many of the flaws mentioned on the thread). The best idea would be to make a whole new application system (even considering it may take some time)

About Regs and HGs voting on the system, its true that the word of some of them may have more value than a new supporter's word, so it would be a good thing to leave them at least make comments on the apps. A system shouldn't be just a numerical voting thing, we must consider the value of the opinion behind that number (or the value of opinions not allowed to vote too).

• Content Count:  4198

It's not like anyone had a choice, they went with the system that was in place at the time, and that shouldn't prevent them from supporting one or the other.

• Content Count:  1079

If this petition will actually be considered by the higher ups, then I support it. I don't think it should be cast aside as another one of those spur of the moment internet petitions. We could do without a lot of those wannabe admin apps.

^This

(I support the "petition")

Reply to Thread