? servers

? players online

Would you rather have a longer life, or more money and live a shorter life?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have a longer life, or more money and live a shorter life?

• I want a longer life, and less money.
    • I want more money, and a shorter life.

The "million dollar" question.

• Content Count:  513

Live shorter, have more money. I'm Asian and I'm stingy...it's in our genes. In all honesty though, as shallow as this may sound, I never want to be 75+...65 at most but I think I'd get depressed if I saw myself with wrinkles and unable to do the things I can do now (energy wise).

• Content Count:  6466

I would choose money over life. No question about it. Let's say I live 78 years. (By being born in Canada & being male.)

Now, that's 78 years. Damn. 30 Years of that will be working, so let's skip that phase. I want 30 mil, and live off the interest. I'll skip the working phase of my life, and live a nice 48 years, in perfect happiness.

That's assuming you make 1mil a year...lol.

I laugh at how many people prefer to 'live life', so they choose less money. Now take a look at that choice:

You would be working more, this work would and probably will cause you stress everyday or month, to make the money you could have made by even taking 5million, you'd have to work two jobs or one job that takes up most of your time. This leaves you with little time for family, less time for 'fun and enjoying life' as you're too busy working to get that money saved up. You're more prune to debts if you aren't sure how much money you'll have, so you'd have to pay those off too even after you're done working for what will probably be 30 or more years.

So, I ask, how can you 'live life to the fullest' when you're working all day, stressed out, and low on money so you can't buy the ones you love some nice presents at Christmas?

I'd take 10m, bank it, live of the interest and always spend time with my family, make sure the ones I love can live a life where they can go to any school they wish, do any sport they wish, because I'll always be able to afford their dreams, and die at the age of 65 to see my children grow up and live many years with the ones I love.

Those extra 10 years are not worth the amount of neglect you'd have to show your family to work so hard that you make 10m.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  6084

I laugh at how many people prefer to 'live life', so they choose less money. Now take a look at that choice:

You would be working more, this work would and probably will cause you stress everyday or month, to make the money you could have made by even taking 5million, you'd have to work two jobs or one job that takes up most of your time. This leaves you with little time for family, less time for 'fun and enjoying life' as you're too busy working to get that money saved up. You're more prune to debts if you aren't sure how much money you'll have, so you'd have to pay those off too even after you're done working for what will probably be 30 or more years.

So, I ask, how can you 'live life to the fullest' when you're working all day, stressed out, and low on money so you can't buy the ones you love some nice presents at Christmas?

I'd take 10m, bank it, live of the interest and always spend time with my family, make sure the ones I love can live a life where they can go to any school they wish, do any sport they wish, because I'll always be able to afford their dreams, and die at the age of 65 to see my children grow up and live many years with the ones I love.

Those extra 10 years are not worth the amount of neglect you'd have to show your family to work so hard that you make 10m.

This, and these idiots don't realize that the average person in a developed country make between $25,000-$45,000. How high would your standard of living rise if you took only a year off for $1,000,000, which is essentially 20 years of work at that level, and you could dedicate the remaining lifetime into expanding your newly found wealth. There is no correct answer here since the value of a certain amount of one's lifespan versus a dollar amount is completely subjective to the individual.

• Content Count:  158

So far my family makes about $100,000ish a year, possibly more.

So we make $1,000,000 every ten years. xD

• Content Count:  2122

So far my family makes about $100,000ish a year, possibly more.

So we make $1,000,000 every ten years. xD

good for you, so you wish to live in your parents' basement for the rest of your life

• Content Count:  3697

If I die on heart attack or cancer, I would choose the first one. But If I die "Normally" Then I would chose the second one.

So basically, if you knew you were going to die early, you would want to have less money for the time you have? lol.

For me, longer life less money, but ultimately, it depends how much less money. I wouldn't do it if I had to live in poverty.

• Content Count:  1465

when im dying ill turn myself into those things where they freeze ur body and then they thaw u out later and ur in the future! Go money! and i dont wanna live too long living too long at an old age with no strength doesnt seem like a happy life. So enjoy life young with the money

Reply to Thread