? servers

? players online

Would you rather have a longer life, or more money and live a shorter life?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have a longer life, or more money and live a shorter life?

• I want a longer life, and less money.
    • I want more money, and a shorter life.

The "million dollar" question.

• Content Count:  158

good for you, so you wish to live in your parents' basement for the rest of your life
Lol? Also, I will be living with my parents for pretty much, until we move. We have a 3-4 Acres of land w/ a pond and such, and they're getting me a 750-1250 SQ. Foot house. It's like 1/3 the size of the house I live in atm, but it's free.

• Content Count:  3391

That's a bullshit answer. People say that to try and sound high and mighty. This question is a contradiction. Our society is built upon monetary status, it's ingrained in our psyche (the E is not silent).

It is, in my opinion, quite impossible to be rich (Bill Gates rich) and be absolutely miserable. Money can buy you happiness, even if it's not the love of your life. Life isn't about being in love and settling down with that person. Life is about living it the way you want to. Different things interest different people.

If money can't buy you happiness, then I'd like to see you live without it. In all honesty, I find this question insulting to ask, especially at a church. There are very, very poor people that go to church and are miserable. Conversely, there are very, very rich people that go to church and are happy. This kind of question just rubs it in the faces of those that can't afford much and, I believe, would make them even more bitter for the life they've received.

Anyone that chooses 'poor but happy' is lying to themselves. Unless that person lives completely separate from the rest of society and knows not what lifestyle they could have, they would be envious of the people around them.

Sorry, I don't buy this question since both options are fallacies. You can certainly be rich but unhappy, not miserable, but unhappy. This could be due to the choices you've made to get where you are or that you're so rich that you've got nothing left to accomplish. You can also be poor and 'ok' with it, but you'd desire a better lifestyle if you could choose it. No one wants to be poor, if they say they can be truly happy and live on the streets then they're only fooling themselves.

Anyone that voted for 'Longer life less money' is a liar.

• Content Count:  3391

I don't care about money LOL. We make enough for me to be happy at my house anyways lol :p

Then you're biased. Try living without money and ask yourself the same question. This whole thread is invalidated now.

• Content Count:  660

Lol simple i would take Money lol i rather have much money and enjoy being young

then just spend 5 more years being old , cranky , break something every day

and that stuff whats fun if ur 75 cmon u can't do shit except sit in a chair and watch tv

• Content Count:  158

Then you're biased. Try living without money and ask yourself the same question. This whole thread is invalidated now.

I could still live with no money. People have done it before. I'd rather want a full life without money, other than a short life with money.

• Content Count:  2122

I could still live with no money. People have done it before. I'd rather want a full life without money, other than a short life with money.

very contradictory, considering how you are getting by so well in life.

• Content Count:  6712

Taking a few years off your life is hardly short now is it..?

Reply to Thread