? servers

? players online

Should I move to NYC, NY?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should I move to NYC, NY?

Serious Question...

• Content Count:  1752

I live in NC now... without a job but... I have a wonderful boyfriend/fiance that cannot move with me :(

Greensboro, NC? I live here too :biggrin:. Brown Summit actually isn't that far away from where I live.

ANYWAYS, I took a trip to NYC and it was an eye opener just to see the sheer number of people that lived there. I only went for a couple of days though. I don't know if living there would be good or not.

• Content Count:  2186

I myself is messing around with the idea of moving to get better chances of my musical career.. Though it wont be in the next 4-5 years as I need a better education..

Me and the girl are getting pretty keen on moving to the US, really.. But thats still a dream, though!

• Content Count:  3440

I don't think anyone here can give you a good definitive answer.

Make a list of the pro's/con's.

I'm sure you don't have all the info you need to make the decision yet.

Find out about:

Upward mobility - Is there promotion/pay increase in the future or are you locked into the position/pay you are starting at.

Look into cost of living - How much will you spend rent/food/transportation/etc. vs how much you will be making. Does this allow you to put aside any money. I know I couldn't live off of $15/hr my family would starve or I would lose my house.

Weigh the worth of the long distance relationship and stress that will cause.

Decide is this short term or long term decision?

As bad as the economy is I am currently working 3 jobs. If you are motivated you CAN find work locally. Sometimes $8/hr where you live ends up being better pay than $15/hr where you have to move.

Take your time and weigh your options before making the final decision and don't base your decision off of a poll on a gaming forum!

Reply to Thread