? servers

? players online

What material(s) interrupt a magnetic feild, like connection between two magnets?

• Content Count:  3697

I take that you have 2 magnets facing each other .. That would be the one facing negative to the one facing positive.. Simply get a third magnet which you put in the middle with the OPPOSITE charge pointing towards your 2 initial magnets..

Alternatively build an electromagnet!!

Get an ampmeter (not QUITE sure of the english name, but a machine you that generates power from the outlet in the wall), a reel/spool (again not quite sure of the name), 2 wires (preferably the crocodile-ending-wires... Every science lab has those!) and a normal block of metal that will fit into the reel..

Hook it up with the wires connecting the reel and the amp-meter.. Put the ordinary metal stick inside the reel and turn it on .. SHABOWOW - you have a magnet that you can turn on and off..

To know what end is the positive and what is the negative before starting try to determined what way the power runs in the reel.. By that you can determine where north (positive) and south (negative) will be on the magnet..

Spole2.jpg Just like that.. Power streams in at the bottom and swirls around the "metal stick" and out in the top again.. You go figure where its positive and where its negative from what I wrote above..

I know you wrote what material that could interrupt a magnetic field, and in theory the metal you are magnetizing (?) is a material... So if you're allowed to take them apart and put something in between, this is what I would go for.. If you can, of course.. Again, this wouldnt require you to run out and buy all sorts of piss-expensive materials..

Oh and Church, thank you for your valuable input! I think he'll get an A for that!

'Negative' with 'Negative' or 'Positive' with 'Positive' does not connect to each-other.

He could easily come up with something that isn't attracted to the magnet. From what I understand he wants a metal that isn't attracted to the magnet, and also stops the magnet from magnetizing anything behind the metal in the middle. I might be a crackwhore though..

• Content Count:  2186

He could easily come up with something that isn't attracted to the magnet. From what I understand he wants a metal that isn't attracted to the magnet, and also stops the magnet from magnetizing anything behind the metal in the middle. I might be a crackwhore though..

I know you wrote what material that could interrupt a magnetic field, and in theory the metal you are magnetizing (?) is a material... So if you're allowed to take them apart and put something in between, this is what I would go for.. If you can, of course.. Again, this wouldnt require you to run out and buy all sorts of piss-expensive materials..

:cool:

Reply to Thread