? servers

? players online

Choosing your babys?

• Content Count:  1405

Hey guys, I've been really busy with school, i just started 10th grade and today in English we had a disturbing chat, and we had to write and Esay about it.

O.k. so the topic we had to write about was that, Scientists are doing Expierments so that when people get pregnant they can choose what their child will look like. You can choose Eye Color, Hair, Inteligence, How tall they will be, and how they will actually look when they're older. I thought to myself, why the hell would people want that? So i asked the teacher, you're joking right? This is made up? And she looked me in the eyes and said No, this is true.

After she said that, i asked myself one thing, HOW STUPID ARE PEOPLE?

I don't know, that's just my point of view, tell me what you guys think of this? Are you for it? Are you against it?

Feel free to comment:dance:

P.S: Sorry for the bad spelling lol.

• Content Count:  426

just learning about genetic engineering? little late lol. But i think it can be both good and bad. if your child might have some sort of disease or mental disorder that can the fixed, then hey, why the hell not. on the other hand it can go to far and of course could most likely happen.

i say no thanks to it though.

• Content Count:  4473

Its not as easy as you'd think, but it is possible and we can do very basic changes like that, but for a lot of money. It is going to take several more decades before anything remotely affordable and specific is available to the majority of people.

I have nothing against us and it has nothing to do with people being stupid. Most of the genetic re-engineering is being developed to prevent babies being born with serious health conditions.

You can chill out about the whole thing and understand that worrying too much about it turns you into one of those "stupid people" you were talking about.

I say scientists GTFO of human genetics and work on something worthwhile, like curing cancer! Messing with your children before they are even born, how horrid...

I'd say human genetics is very worthwhile. You can prevent certain diseases and conditions before a child is born and there may very well be a link between genetics and cancer at some level.

• Content Count:  11725

Its not as easy as you'd think, but it is possible and we can do very basic changes like that, but for a lot of money. It is going to take several more decades before anything remotely affordable and specific is available to the majority of people.

I have nothing against us and it has nothing to do with people being stupid. Most of the genetic re-engineering is being developed to prevent babies being born with serious health conditions.

You can chill out about the whole thing and understand that worrying too much about it turns you into one of those "stupid people" you were talking about.

I'd say human genetics is very worthwhile. You can prevent certain diseases and conditions before a child is born.

Fucking owned.

Well remember cancer is bad, but they some new lazer thing to help battle cancer

• Content Count:  4473

That part I agree with, but changing intelligence? That's just wrong, you really want baby einsteins genetically altered made by science? Its not natural!

Intelligence is not purely genetic. It is also based upon how you are raised and how much you learn at a young age.

If people are dumb enough to spend thousands of dollars making their baby smart BEFORE birth, then more power to them.

Reply to Thread