? servers

? players online

Choosing your babys?

• Content Count:  503

i think its fucked up..i wouldnt want that for my child.. cause then you have expectations..your child isnt smart just because of genes..yes of course he might have the ability to learn faster.but if you study then hey you know info which means your smart

also you can feed him junk food 24/7 and stuff and he'll prob be fat...scientists are fucking wasting time and money on stupid shit..why dont they fucking find a cure for Swine Flu.. AIDS..CANCER.. And other fucking dieases in the world..why dont they fucking help people in this country with no health insurance..they ask for millions of dollars for medical research for what?? this shit?? when instead of using the money for stupid ass research like this why dont they use it towards helping people withou insurance go to the hospital

• Content Count:  916

I say scientists GTFO of human genetics and work on something worthwhile, like curing cancer! Messing with your children before they are even born, how horrid...

If you had a brain you would know they have cures for cancer they just don't use it because they want the money, because people donate a lot for cancer. They just want the money.

• Content Count:  2833

No, What's that about?

Vincent is one of the last "natural" babies born into a sterile, genetically-enhanced world, where life expectancy and disease likelihood are ascertained at birth. Myopic and due to die at 30, he has no chance of a career in a society that now discriminates against your genes, instead of your gender, race or religion. Going underground, he assumes the identity of Jerome, who was crippled in an accident, and achieves prominence in the Gattaca Corporation, where he is selected for his lifelong desire: a manned mission to Saturn. Constantly passing gene tests by diligently using samples of Jerome's hair, skin, blood and urine, his now-perfect world is thrown into increasing desperation, his dream within reach, when the mission director is killed - and he carelessly loses an eyelash at the scene! Certain that they know the murderer's ID, but unable to track down the former Vincent, the police start to close in, with extra searches, and new gene tests. With the once-in-a-lifetime launch only days away, Vincent must avoid arousing suspicion, while passing the tests, evading the police, and not knowing whom he can trust...

• Content Count:  2115

Too many people are overlooking the immense advantanges this technology could bring to human society. Undesired human traits, such as excessive moles, may be permanently removed from the society. Eventhough this does sound very disturbing at first, on a second thought, this would also be very useful in engineering the first "super-human". This will (like IJ stated) neither be cheap nor available to the general public anytime soon (I would predict that it would take maybe another two to three decades), yet this would be immensely beneficial for other purposes (i.e., sending "super-humans" on Mars, use them as soldiers, ect..)

• Content Count:  4473

scientists are fucking wasting time and money on stupid shit..why dont they fucking find a cure for Swine Flu.. AIDS..CANCER.. And other fucking dieases in the world..why dont they fucking help people in this country with no health insurance..they ask for millions of dollars for medical research for what?? this shit?? when instead of using the money for stupid ass research like this why dont they use it towards helping people withou insurance go to the hospital

Let me be brief...

You have no understanding whatsoever of how scientific research is performed, the benefits obtained, and its relation to politics.

If you had a brain you would know they have cures for cancer they just don't use it because they want the money, because people donate a lot for cancer. They just want the money.

tinfoilhatt.jpg

GATTACA SUMMARY

I've seen that movie, but unfortunately, I was like 10 or 11. Had no idea what the hell was going on, but I have seen little bits of it every now and then on TV for the past 5 years and was like "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

:thumb:

Edited by Italian Jew

Reply to Thread