? servers

? players online

English Interview Project

• Content Count:  400

Hi! I was working on my English project (which is an interview/essay and I had an interview with my neighbor. It was very heart warming and touching. I'm posting this because I know a few of you would enjoy this. I may have more to add depending on the next time I talk to her. I also want your guys feed back on it.

English 102

11:10 - 12:30

April 12, 1924

Donna Trembley

She was born on April 12, 1924 in Baltimore. Her parents were middle-class Classic Americans. She had a passion for music and singing. She never thought that she would be able to be where she is today.

Donna remembers every detail of the Great Depression and her family going from middle-class to bottom-class. Her father was a shoe-maker at Joe's Shoes in Baltimore. He lost his job on February 12, 1935. "It seemed like there was no life in my family at that point. My mom cried herself to sleep every night. My father sat out front on the stoop for hours at a time talking to himself. I would try to comfort my mom every night while she was crying. My sister at age 2 died of the Flu, and I was the one who discovered her dead in her room. I will never forget the pale look on her face. I was devastated for ages." This was the response I got after asking, "What was your father's job when you were a young girl?"

Mrs. Donna married Edwin Smith on April 18, 1948. She does not regret anything in her life. Edwin was the best thing to happen to her.

In March of 1954 Mrs. Donna, with her love of music, went on to play the Flute in the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. She was in the BSO for 10 years until her and Edwin moved to New Orleans in 1964.

She did not want to talk too much about her life in New Orleans but after four years she moved back to Baltimore. Then after that she moved to Essex.

Her husband Edwin died on January 5, 2008. She states how life will never be the same, and she talks with him every night since he died. She also states that there is a hole in her heart that can never be filled.

Mrs. Trembley is thinking about moving into a senior citizen center, but does not know which one to choose. She thinks that moving into a senior center will be the end of her life. I assured her that it wouldn't be and I would visit her.

She does not have much family left and is scared that if she moves she will lose everything; emotional and physical.

She was always talking about how she does not have much time to live and how she has never opened up to a person like me.

She then started crying and told me she was very happy I was there to talk to her and how she hasn't had someone there for her since Edwin passed.

Mrs. Donna is an Amazing woman with many fascinating stories. I have known her since I was young. She is now a retired musician. She led an extraordinary life that will never be forgotten.

Edited by Target

• Content Count:  11725

That is such a good interview.

I wish her best wishes about her and her husband.

I would like to read more.

Plus my mother works at a senior center and it will not be the end of her life.

Alot of people there are able to do what ever they want.

And next time you see her ask her if she wrote any music and is willing to give you a sheet.

*Ask her about how her life was during the war.

*Ask her if she had other dreams

*And ask her if she has a special place she would like to go. *for example new york

Edited by Metal

....this is for a college course?

Yes me second semester in English. I understand that this may seem easy to you and the writing part is, but the part they wanted us to learn from was the interview.

Does this reply please potshot?

• Content Count:  6084

Yes me second semester in English. I understand that this may seem easy to you and the writing part is, but the part they wanted us to learn from was the interview.

Does this reply please potshot?

It just surprises me they'd give this kind of assignment... In my Gen Ed English course they basically made us do a few "Go write me a argumentative paper, atleast 5-7 pages long, MLA format." No topic given essays.

It just surprises me they'd give this kind of assignment... In my Gen Ed English course they basically made us do a few "Go write me a argumentative paper, atleast 5-7 pages long, MLA format." No topic given essays.

Well I have a second part to the interview to do tomorrow and I have to add 4 pages to it. That right there is two pages in word. And it can't be double space =\ lol

Reply to Thread