? servers

? players online

Sick after Shots?

• Content Count:  2942

Hey guys,

I went to get a physical a week or so ago. I was feeling completely fine and then all of a sudden the next day I get really sick. I got 3 shots and a nasal spray. Do you think I might have had a reaction to the medicine or was it something else? I know this might sound stupid but others have had the same thing.

I got:

FluMist Nasal Liquid

Hepatitis A

Varicella

Meningo (Menactra)

Any clue?

• Content Count:  4473

Hey guys,

I went to get a physical a week or so ago. I was feeling completely fine and then all of a sudden the next day I get really sick. I got 3 shots and a nasal spray. Do you think I might have had a reaction to the medicine or was it something else? I know this might sound stupid but others have had the same thing.

I got:

FluMist Nasal Liquid

Hepatitis A

Varicella

Meningo (Menactra)

Any clue?

Maybe, but.....

Ask your doctor. He/she is a highly trained medical professional. We are not.

• Content Count:  2942

Maybe, but.....

Ask your doctor. He/she is a highly trained medical professional. We are not.

Yeah, I know. I did, and they said that I shouldn't have gotten sick at all. I was seeing if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them as well.

• Content Count:  2686

Well since vaccines essentially consist of parts of the weakened version of the real disease, you might just be having a tough time fighting the foreign microorganisms in the vaccine. I'm just guessing here, seems like it is possible..?Any doctors out there in SG :d?

Edited by Eldest

• Content Count:  3697

You probably just came down with something common and unrelated to what you got vaccines for.

"Well since vaccines essentially consist of parts of the weakened version of the real disease, you might just be having a tough time fighting the foreign microorganisms in the vaccine. I'm just guessing here, seems like it is possible..?Any doctors out there in SG :d?"

From what I understand, he would have to already be extremely sick in order for his immune system to lose a fight against a vaccine. So I highly doubt it is this, but I suppose you never technically know for sure.

• Content Count:  641

Sorry i can't help you, i am only a foodologist (Studies the anatomy of food and it's sicknesses).

My only theory is the same thing Eldest said, there could have been an alive bacterium/virus in the vaccine and your system is just fighting it off.

I love the fact how teachers tell you that your cells wage war on viruses and unknown threats in your body. It's like having WWIII, WWIV,WWV,WWVI,etc... in your body. It's kind of funny to think about it. Just think about your cells carrying weapons and large cells = tanks. Then the viruses have AK47's and don't have any training.

Reply to Thread