? servers

? players online

MEDICAL PEOPLE NEEDEDDD!!!

• Content Count:  2206

Ok well about a month ago I was diagnosed with something called oschonshlaughter or something like that. Basically it's patellar tendonitis. I'm wondering if anybody knows how I can get rid of it in 3 weeks cause that's when I have basketball and would have to return to hard exercise. HELP SGGG!!!!

• Content Count:  2206

I did but the asshole treats me like I'm 4 and thought acupressure would work -.- its like putting a band-aid on a scratch when your a kid. Didn't do jack just made you feel better.

• Content Count:  3457

I did but the asshole treats me like I'm 4 and thought acupressure would work -.- its like putting a band-aid on a scratch when your a kid. Didn't do jack just made you feel better.

Ever thought about a second opinion from another doctor?

• Content Count:  1839

Due to the nature of the condition, physical therapy is one solution to the issue. It is recommended that a doctor or licensed physical therapist be consulted. High-impact sports should be avoided, as well as unnecessary stair-climbing and jumping and some leg exercises. If a person has flat feet, overpronation of the foot may cause undue stress on the knee and lead to some of the aforementioned symptoms. Such individuals may want to invest in custom fit orthotics. Anti-inflammatory and pain medications are helpful in relieving discomfort. Finally, since the problem typically results from some level of weakness in the leg, the strengthening of leg muscles (quadriceps and gluteal) is helpful. Regular icing and elevation will also aid in the recovery. As a last option, surgery may be the only solution, as formation of scar tissue may prevent the knee from healing completely; and removal of this tissue through arthroscopic measures may be the last resort.

LOOK MAH, I CAN GOOGLE! ffs dude, can you blame your doc? there's not much he can do other than say "stay the fuck away from stairs and basketball" but tbh i see you playing bball anyway and fucking yourself over for the rest of your life because of it.

• Content Count:  6712

Due to the nature of the condition, physical therapy is one solution to the issue. It is recommended that a doctor or licensed physical therapist be consulted. High-impact sports should be avoided, as well as unnecessary stair-climbing and jumping and some leg exercises. If a person has flat feet, overpronation of the foot may cause undue stress on the knee and lead to some of the aforementioned symptoms. Such individuals may want to invest in custom fit orthotics. Anti-inflammatory and pain medications are helpful in relieving discomfort. Finally, since the problem typically results from some level of weakness in the leg, the strengthening of leg muscles (quadriceps and gluteal) is helpful. Regular icing and elevation will also aid in the recovery. As a last option, surgery may be the only solution, as formation of scar tissue may prevent the knee from healing completely; and removal of this tissue through arthroscopic measures may be the last resort.

LOOK MAH, I CAN GOOGLE! ffs dude, can you blame your doc? there's not much he can do other than say "stay the fuck away from stairs and basketball" but tbh i see you playing bball anyway and fucking yourself over for the rest of your life because of it.

Some sportsmen do have tendinitis, I dunno how serious a case this is but Rafael Nadal has it, although it's kept him out for long.

My friend had it in the knees too and he's been out for months.....it's a hard injury to have and I don't think it permanently goes away ever (?)

• Content Count:  1842

Some sportsmen do have tendinitis, I dunno how serious a case this is but Rafael Nadal has it, although it's kept him out for long.

My friend had it in the knees too and he's been out for months.....it's a hard injury to have and I don't think it permanently goes away ever (?)

unless you have surgery, enter Owen Hargreaves

Reply to Thread