? servers

? players online

How To Surf.

• Content Count:  2596

So with the recent adding of the new Zombie Surf server to get it more popular im writing a tutorail and ill post a few videos on how to.

HOW TO SURF FOR DUMBIES

Say this /\ is a ramp.

when your on this side / you hold D and nothing else.

when your on this side \ you hold A and nothing else.

So D/\A, To gain speed swoop down the ramp. the lower one the ramp you are the faster you go.

DONT EVER PRESS W OR S (unless you need to stop instantly)

With practice youll be as fast as most of everyone. (not trogdor he hacks)

TIPS:

Dont "slap" the ramp, you want to swoop and flow with the ramp. Surfing is all about smoothness and flow. Dont go right into the ramp like on a 90 degree angle you want to swoop into it.

To air strafe hold D or A and swoop your mouse. Its like surfing with out a ramp and in mid air.

[YOUTUBE]olZ6btCjzYw

[YOUTUBE]iz7Km85Bh7o

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1000

Nice Tutorial, yeah alot of people still can't surf and or bhop even though its been around for awhile.

It took me a year to learn how to surf. Still attempting, but failing, to bhop.

• Content Count:  2661

So... Why is this in Off Topic?

Probably to promote surfing to other SG gamers who wouldn't bother going into the surf sub-forum.

Nice thread, maybe I'll check out surf soon.

• Content Count:  1752

Dont "slap" the ramp, you want to swoop and flow with the ramp. Surfing is all about smoothness and flow. Dont go right into the ramp like on a 90 degree angle you want to swoop into it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important. I've taught quite a few people how to surf and this is/will be the hardest thing to explain and it is the most important. This "smoothness" is key in everything having to deal with surfing.

not trogdor he hacks

I would like you to see demon or skye, two of the best/smoothest surfers I've ever seen. They might even be smoother than jesuswashomeless 1 year ago. It seems like I've got Parkinsons compared to how smooth they surf.

BTW Second vid. wasn't very good. If you want to go to your own server to practice, 150 airaccel is what most all servers use.

Edited by Trogdor

• Content Count:  2596

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important. I've taught quite a few people how to surf and this is/will be the hardest thing to explain and it is the most important. This "smoothness" is key in everything having to deal with surfing.

Learned from you :love:

Reply to Thread