? servers

? players online

Need some critiques/advice. Oh and long time no see! :)

• Content Count:  555

Hey guys, I hope you remember me (lol). Long story short, I haven't had much time because of school to get on Steam much, let alone browse the forums a lot. But I'd like to ask for some critiques and some advice, especially for those fluent in advanced video editing and are experienced with music and sound.

I make guitar covers on YouTube. Lately, I've been trying to step up the quality of my videos, these two being the result:

Versus some of my older, less quality ones:

To make it simple, other than buying an HD camera (which I'm in the process of), could anyone give some advice as to continue increasing the quality of my videos? Thanks a bunch. :usa2:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3391

Depends on what you want to go for. There are many, many things you can do but it all comes down to what your goal is. You could record it multiple times from different angles and insert them as needed (cutting out one side when the other has a solo).

You could also insert clips from the music video, if there is one, to give it flavor. I'd also pick a different setting or rearrange the room to suit the style of music. You don't need to go green-screen with some corny backdrop, but anything to make sure that you are the focal point.

Quality wise, it's great, I don't think there's much more you can do to improve it and I'm not sure what you're looking to improve. I've only watched a bit of the first video and it looked great. Crisp and clear picture.

• Content Count:  555

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Depends on what you want to go for. There are many, many things you can do but it all comes down to what your goal is. You could record it multiple times from different angles and insert them as needed (cutting out one side when the other has a solo).

You could also insert clips from the music video, if there is one, to give it flavor. I'd also pick a different setting or rearrange the room to suit the style of music. You don't need to go green-screen with some corny backdrop, but anything to make sure that you are the focal point.

Quality wise, it's great, I don't think there's much more you can do to improve it and I'm not sure what you're looking to improve. I've only watched a bit of the first video and it looked great. Crisp and clear picture.

Thanks. I am thinking aboubt doing the various angles thing, but I have yet to see quite how that'll turn out.

Reply to Thread