? servers

? players online

Formal complaint against the administration.

• Content Count:  6084

I'll lay this out here real quick. My original argument was that not only was the reason behind banning 7 players (Myself, DDIS, and five unwarned players on the server as well) invalid, as it was biased evidence not showing the entire event unfold, that it was a limited and exclusive parody, and was, arguably entertaining, and did not warrant players being banned because of the pettiness of the situation, and that the strikes were also invalid for the same reasons as well as the point that no admin powers were used in the event.

I threw this entire argument out the window upon realizing it was largely irrelevant to the punishment.

spartan1t.jpg

spartan2u.jpg

^ Don't shoot the messenger.

This apparently has little to nothing to do with with a minor infraction on a server with 15 people on a Sunday night. It apparently was an opportunity viewed to perform a crackdown on admins in the community that are behaving to "loosely" for the taste of some the moderators. Whether this is specifically aimed at me for my perceived misconduct and obstinate behavior towards the moderators and their policies (which I will not deny, and wear like a badge) and the accompanying bans were just people in the crossfire, or was a general backlash at admins being too lax in general is irrelevant.

The simple statement here is that the punishment, which was reportedly made by a limited number of moderators at the time was also made on decisions that were by no means objective or relevant, but were punitive measures for preexisting issues that they decided to crackdown on, and are by its very nature, illegitimate. That moderators in our community have fallen to using the most draconian of interpretation of rules as a means of targeting community members, specifically admins is disgusting, and should be reviewed at the highest levels.... which ironically were involved in the decision.

The demands are simple.

• Overturn and reduce the bans to all players involved, myself, DDIS included.
  • Remove the accompanying strikes.
  • Cease using complaints, and overtly strict rulings on rules and regulations as a means of "getting back" at players.

Besides this I'd like to let the moderators as a whole become aware that while this may be Haggard's intellectual property, he doesn't pay for it. The admins and supporters play here because they enjoy to play videogames and socialize, not to have a boot on their damn necks, even if it is becoming increasingly apparent in the case of some moderators they do in fact enjoy the role. You want to impose a strict hierarchy? Then call yourselves a clan. Otherwise back off and let the players play the damn game without constantly fearing punitive actions from admins or their fellow players via the complaints section.

If you are also wondering how I plan to impose these demands on you, the short answer is that I don't. I have already ran out of patience with the way the moderators decided the community should be handled, (i.e. sternly, with accomodation for all, with the exception of those they view otherwise) and canceled my payments. In fact, if they want to they could remove my admin abilities on these grounds alone which I will accept, but I will not accept a strike as a means of playing blackball.

To the admins or supporters reading this, if you as a group continue to be lead about in an abusive manner, always remember that money walks, and the moderators may be in fact more willing to negotiate on matters if you put the pressure on their budget.

Lastly, please do not lock this thread. Doing so will in fact just confirm the allegations I've levied against you. I'd also like to thank any and all moderators that were willing to debate the matter, but I am beyond fed up with the pettiness of an administrative body grossly disproportional to its constituents and am tired of waiting for the community to stagnate and deflate under its rules.

• Like 27

• Content Count:  2115

Besides this I'd like to let the moderators as a whole become aware that while this may be Haggard's intellectual property, he doesn't pay for it. The admins and supporters play here because they enjoy to play videogames and socialize, not to have a boot on their damn necks, even if it is becoming increasingly apparent in the case of some moderators they do in fact enjoy the role. You want to impose a strict hierarchy? Then call yourselves a clan. Otherwise back off and let the players play the damn game without constantly fearing punitive actions from admins or their fellow players via the complaints section.

I love you.

Edit:

Fight tha powah?!

Oh my fucking god. Is it so hard to stay serious on an issue like this?

• Content Count:  3391

Nothing against Paul in any way, shape or form, but he did more abuse in PB a week or two ago than these two, and the entire T team did, in 2 rounds. Yet, all Paul got was a proverbial slap on the wrist. Even if a strike was given, which I was told by several people that one was not, he still was not banned. If higher ups must be held to a higher standard, then shouldn't their higher ups be held to an even higher one?

• Like 7

• Content Count:  1552

The demands are simple.

• Overturn and reduce the bans to all players involved, myself, DDIS included.
  • Remove the accompanying strikes.
  • Cease using complaints, and overtly strict rulings on rules and regulations as a means of "getting back" at players.

^

• Content Count:  711

I second this "essay", I understand the line between fun and douchebaggery, but these strikes and bans were no where near douchebaggery. I was quite confused when I first saw the complaint because it was completely unnecessary. I have often coordinated verbal confusing techniques against the CTs, I didn't get a ban, nor was there any player complaint. I hope that this issue is resolved because this disgruntles me.

Guest barackobama

The board + VP have decided to reverse the strike/bans on everyone involved.. (apart from DDIS strike, which was a different incident.) Sorry for any confusion, happy gaming.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread