? servers

? players online

Formal complaint against the administration.

• Content Count:  1349

First and foremost the reason for the move. I know many of you may think this is an attempt to censor or cover up a dissenting voice, but this is not the case. As you can see the thread has been returned unaltered*. It was moved to give us time to reply so that things didn't get out of hand. I didn't want people to get any crazy ideas in their heads and run with them which has happened before.

Second, as GarfieldH has already stated the punishments have been reversed. The Board reviewed this and decided that such punishments were not warranted. Specifically in Potshot's case he was not using his admin abilities and therefore it didn't make sense to give him a strike for abuse of power. I'll be investigating the specifics of this case a bit further.

As far as the disparity in treatment from one person, or group to the next I can say that I am personally aware of this. If you see unfair treatment please feel free to point it out to the appropriate people which may be the Officers, Board, or the Vice-President or President. You can rate the performance of any of the higher staff using a form (I'll get the link when I get back from the store). Haggard is the only person who can read these and your name will be held in confidentiality. Other than that I'll try and keep my eye out for it. I firmly believe that rules apply to everyone, even me.

Please feel free to discuss this openly. I'll try to respond to this thread as often as possible with any questions or concerns you may have if I am able. If it's an issue with a particular member of the higher staff then consider discussing it through PMs with the appropriate people.

*It was moved back to OT because at this time there's no better place for it. This will hopefully change in the near future.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  2115

Thanks for moving it back, I would like to share my two cents to this whole incident at this point:

I am severely displeased with the way the administration has been dealing with complaints lately. And yes, I am going to compare alot of the latest complaints to Paul's complaint (nothing personal intended). It appears to me that apprently, for the administration, slapping some people (Desum and Fullmetal) and playing HLS sounds and using @@@ chat several times is more severe than abusing rcon to fuck up the whole game experience of EVERY single player in the server.

It's a pretty serious complaint, set aside, no admin should be using powers just for fun anyhow.. even with or without the consent of the players, what if a new player joined the server, saw them abusing, and thought "what the fuck is going on here... shitty server".

I agree with this GarfieldH, but however, this way not applied to the case of Paul's complaint, but it was applied to every other complaint. Desum and Fullmetal have both sincerely apologized for "getting carried away". Desum actually had no clue that we had a more strict rule against slapping while Paul was very well aware of the actions he has taken.

Honestely, I do not think that it is a coincidence of Paul being an AO and not being punished. He already had one (or two?) strikes, another one would've gotten him even closer to being removed as an admin. Of course, no one (including me, honestely) would've liked to see Paul gone as an administrator, he is a skilled mapper, scripter and a generally helpful and nice person, but neither would I like to see Desum, Fullmetal or Potshot go. Neither do I think that it is coincidence that the complaint was rejected because it was Awacs who filed it. I know that many higher ups do not personally like Awacs (especially after his latest actions...) but still, that should not have been included in how the case was handled.

I am not asking for a change in the verdict in Paul's case, rather I am posting this to share my honest opinion and ask the administration to change the way they confront admin complaints.

My two cents.

Peace out and good night Steamgamers.

Edit: I wanted to actually post this before it was moved.. so here it is.

Edited by Toxin
Guest barackobama
What is going to be done in the future to prevent this from happening again?

I can't say for sure, but in the future I'm sure the AO's and the Board will look at admin complaints more carefully and consider every single aspect of the case, to stop a repeat of this incident.

Thanks for moving it back, I would like to share my two cents to this whole incident at this point:

I am severely displeased with the way the administration has been dealing with complaints lately. And yes, I am going to compare alot of the latest complaints to Paul's complaint (nothing personal intended). It appears to me that apprently, for the administration, slapping some people (Desum and Fullmetal) and playing HLS sounds and using @@@ chat several times is more severe than abusing rcon to fuck up the whole game experience of EVERY single player in the server.

I agree with this GarfieldH, but however, this way not applied to the case of Paul's complaint, but it was applied to every other complaint. Desum and Fullmetal have both sincerely apologized for "getting carried away". Desum actually had no clue that we had a more strict rule against slapping while Paul was very well aware of the actions he has taken.

Honestely, I do not think that it is a coincidence of Paul being an AO and not being punished. He already had one (or two?) strikes, another one would've gotten him even closer to being removed as an admin. Of course, no one (including me, honestely) would've liked to see Paul gone as an administrator, he is a skilled mapper, scripter and a generally helpful and nice person, but neither would I like to see Desum, Fullmetal or Potshot go. Neither do I think that it is coincidence that the complaint was rejected because it was Awacs who filed it. I know that many higher ups do not personally like Awacs (especially after his latest actions...) but still, that should not have been included in how the case was handled.

I am not asking for a change in the verdict in Paul's case, rather I am posting this to share my honest opinion and ask the administration to change the way they confront admin complaints.

My two cents.

Peace out and good night Steamgamers.

Edit: I wanted to actually post this before it was moved.. so here it is.

Thanks for the essay Toxin, each complaint is different and we look at everything as you know, I can't really comment on what happened with Paul's complaint, because I didn't' deal with it, but the Board will always make the right choice which is best for the community, this is why we reversed the strikes for potshot.

• Content Count:  2115

but the Board will always make the right choice which his best for the community, this is why we reversed the strikes for potshot.

I lol'd.

So the best for the community is to... punish... anyone below AO and spare AOs of any punishment?

Guest barackobama
I lol'd.

So the best for the community is to... punish... anyone below AO and spare AOs of any punishment?

No, AO's have been punished in the past, as I said, we reversed Potshots strike because we realised it was wrong to give him one. Again referring to Paul's complaint, if you go and read it, it was resolved by both parties as far as I know, that must mean Paul had spoken to Awacs and explained the situation, if Awacs would not of been happy about it being "resolved", I'm sure knowing Awacs he would of voiced his unhappiness. After they had both resolved it, we saw fit not to take any further action.

For FM and Desum, the person reporting them was not happy his friend or himself (whatever way it was) was slapped to death, both parties had not resolved it, therefore something had to happen, and we know FM and Desum were very sorry and we took that in to account.

Edited by GarfieldH

• Content Count:  4685

I lol'd.

Cant have idiots looking like idiots can you, then we would never respect them.:wink:

Reply to Thread