? servers

? players online

Formal complaint against the administration.

Guest barackobama

The outcome is, we can't make everyone happy, whatever anyone does it has a consequence for something the next day, the next week, or the next year. We learn from our mistakes, feedback.

I'm sure Astrum will answer anything else, I need some beauty sleep.. bring on the quotes and ripping my replies apart with smart questions :(

• Content Count:  2390

No, AO's have been punished in the past, as I said, we reversed Potshots strike because we realised it was wrong to give him one.

Shouldn't you guys have realized it was wrong to punish him before you actually punished him? It shouldn't have taken a thread saying how disappointed he was in you guys, in order for you to look over the complaint properly. (Using you as in all the the higher ups involved)

I'm sure Astrum will answer anything else, I need some beauty sleep.. bring on the quotes and ripping my reply s apart!

Made me lol a bit.

• Content Count:  4685

The outcome is, we can't make everyone happy, whatever anyone does it has a consequence for something the next day, the next week, or the next year.

Seems to be a lot more consequences then anything else recently. Mabey you should look into that.

Edited by Dracula
Guest barackobama
Shouldn't you guys have realized it was wrong to punish him before you actually punished him? It shouldn't have taken a thread saying how disappointed he was in you guys, in order for you to look over the complaint properly. (Using you as in all the the higher ups involved)

Made me lol a bit.

It's a shame it had to get to that point, yes. We made a mistake, we admit it. We're sorry.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1349

What is going to be done in the future to prevent this from happening again?

I'm not sure. I already have a few things I'd like to talk to the AOs (and BDs) about. If you have any suggestions speak up.

I am severely displeased with the way the administration has been dealing with complaints lately.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Paul's complaint or many of them for that matter. Do to personal circumstances I rarely get on vent and haven't spoken on vent for over a month (no mic). Most information is exchanged in vent unfortunately so I'm missing out on a lot of things. I didn't even know about Potshot's strike until the notice went out.

Neither do I think that it is coincidence that the complaint was rejected because it was Awacs who filed it. I know that many higher ups do not personally like Awacs (especially after his latest actions...) but still, that should not have been included in how the case was handled.

One of the benefits of being a recluse is you have no reason to hate strangers. I'm not sure if any higher-up actually dislikes Awacs, but all of their emotional baggage should be checked at the door. This doesn't always happen, but that's why we require more than one AO to give a strike; I think it's two other AOs or a BD, but don't quote me on that. In either case it probably is a coincidence and nothing more.

I'd also like to say that if the verdict of an admin complaint is questionable, it's always possible the Board will or is already reviewing it. Also keep in mind that sometimes things go on behind the scenes which you don't see which may influence our decisions. It could be that a seemingly unjust strike is perfectly just but we aren't able to provide the evidence because of confidentiality, security, etc...

I'm not going to audit everything as I physically don't have the time, but from this moment on if you seriously object to something such as an admin complaint please PM me and I'll either look into it or explain (at least as much as I can) why it was done. If enough people PM me I'll probably just update the complaint thread to make it more clear. Please don't spam my PM box :smile:.

I lol'd.

So the best for the community is to... punish... anyone below AO and spare AOs of any punishment?

Wasn't there an AO that got a strike at some point? Perhaps I'm mistaken, my memory is a bit foggy right now.

You don't see everything. This thread was not the reason the punishment was reverted, we began talking about reverting it approximately 16 hours before this thread was even created.

As far as not realizing the punishment was wrong before punishing him, I agree. This shouldn't happen, but it did.

It's a shame it had to get to that point, yes. We made a mistake, we admit it. We're sorry.

GarfieldH is quite correct, everyone makes mistakes. To be human is to be fallible.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2596

Add a drama section plox?

Reading through all of these essays makes me feel like an old English teacher,. The paul complaint got alot of people mad since it was obvious abuse, and he got no (that the community knows of) punishment. I too am one of the people who think it got denied because it was awacs making complaint. Knowing awacs he wouldn't let paul put that complaint as [RESOLVED].

HOWEVER, The whole topic of BD's/AO's covering eachothers backs and accusations is a slippery slope to The death of SG (or at least the regulars). I think its wrong but sometimes its best if the community is kept blind to the truth. But also when a day like yesterday arises filled with controversies and Higher ups being "tainted" its hard too see that they(the higher ups) mostly just want the best for the community.

When they make a mistake they should do what they did here, right the wrong. BD's you have fixed 1/2 of the problems of 10/25/09. the other being brens app.

Oh and one more thing and this cant be stressed enough.

ITS A GAME HAVE FUN!!!!!

Edited by Shamwow!

• Content Count:  6712

At least the higher ups were man enough to reverse their actions when they saw the mistake, but people need to realise the fundamentals of SG and CSS. First and foremost the game and community are there for us to have fun. Rules are only there to keep servers fun and fair, if the server's populace finds that certain rules being broken is fun (to an extent)...why not let them?

• Content Count:  4162

At least the higher ups were man enough to reverse their actions when they saw the mistake, but people need to realise the fundamentals of SG and CSS. First and foremost the game and community are there for us to have fun. Rules are only there to keep servers fun and fair, if the server's populace finds that certain rules being broken is fun (to an extent)...why not let them?

Back then, I would agree, but wouldn't this encourage new players to break rules and/or drive away some of them?

• Content Count:  6712

Back then, I would agree, but wouldn't this encourage new players to break rules and/or drive away some of them?

I dunno....when I first came to SG as a newbie not many admins were too caring of rules.

That said, most of them bent the rules for the fun of the server, not themselves.....it's one thing to be good enough to enforce rules properly, it's another thing to know when bending rules is actually productive, not many can be trusted with that though.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread