? servers

? players online

Formal complaint against the administration.

• Content Count:  4162

I dunno....when I first came to SG as a newbie not many admins were too caring of rules.

That said, most of them bent the rules for the fun of the server, not themselves.....it's one thing to be good enough to enforce rules properly, it's another thing to know when bending rules is actually productive, not many can be trusted with that though.

This is what I ment. I'd love to go back when the rules wernt as strict. But seeing now, people take it as abuse, cough awacs cough, and turning away from "regular gameplay"

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4263

I assume you are referring to ingame rules and not forum rules?

I wouldn't say that we are any more strict on ingame rules than we were a year ago, i would say we are stricter on use of admin powers, and on admin behaviour on our servers. This i blame on a string of bad admins we have had, and also on a couple of instances where things got a little out of hand and forced strikes to be issued.

Between all our current admins, there are only 13 issued strikes.

• Content Count:  3697

I agree with Pot, the servers are designed around having fun. BUT "inside" fun is a LOT different than general fun. My friends have gone into a server and convinced enough people to voteban people, and they kept votebanning people because enough friends were in it to make it successful. They had a GREAT time but this is far from the general fun of the server.

I wasn't there for your situation, so I don't know for sure, but it does in fact sound like general fun. The reason why I bring up the above scenario is to merely show that fun is the main goal, but most things are generally not fun for everyone. You DDIS and I'm sure others had good fun, but clearly some did not.

All things considered, I think there needs to be a SERIOUS discussion on where hosties has gone. I used to play on hosties when you were allowed to do trivia, and crouch races, and jump on heads contests, etc etc. These were removed, not too sure why. (Literally not sure why, not necessarily I disagree with the reason, although maybe I do)

Hosties now is tell them to go places and wait for them to rebel so you can shoot them. Before, there was skill involved in rebelling and following rules, and doing good at the activities. Hosties used to be a fun way to kill time, now it is a monotonous game of doing nothing. It seems last request is gone too? Or at least it never gets there.

I feel ^ discussion should be legitimately brought up because as we have covered, fun is the primary aspect.

I don't even care if you guys all ALWAYS chose me to die if you win trivia because it would make it more fun. Plus that last minute attempt at rebelling is more fun that standing around doing nothing the whole time, and being proud you survived, even though you literally did nothing.

• Content Count:  3736

I dunno....when I first came to SG as a newbie not many admins were too caring of rules.

That said, most of them bent the rules for the fun of the server, not themselves.....it's one thing to be good enough to enforce rules properly, it's another thing to know when bending rules is actually productive, not many can be trusted with that though.

qf fucking t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I complained about this a few month back..administration pretended to do something and then went right back to what I was complaining about till is was to fucking annoying to play on SG servers as a player cause you couldnt do anything without being harassed and as an admin cause you can do anything without getting some lame complaint.

Admins cant slap is really what did it for me hence why im not admin anymore..

http://www.steam-gamers.net will be for ever remembered as the best community that ever existed!!!

• Content Count:  4685

I agree with Pot, the servers are designed around having fun. BUT "inside" fun is a LOT different than general fun. My friends have gone into a server and convinced enough people to voteban people, and they kept votebanning people because enough friends were in it to make it successful. They had a GREAT time but this is far from the general fun of the server.

I wasn't there for your situation, so I don't know for sure, but it does in fact sound like general fun. The reason why I bring up the above scenario is to merely show that fun is the main goal, but most things are generally not fun for everyone. You DDIS and I'm sure others had good fun, but clearly some did not.

All things considered, I think there needs to be a SERIOUS discussion on where hosties has gone. I used to play on hosties when you were allowed to do trivia, and crouch races, and jump on heads contests, etc etc. These were removed, not too sure why. (Literally not sure why, not necessarily I disagree with the reason, although maybe I do)

Hosties now is tell them to go places and wait for them to rebel so you can shoot them. Before, there was skill involved in rebelling and following rules, and doing good at the activities. Hosties used to be a fun way to kill time, now it is a monotonous game of doing nothing. It seems last request is gone too? Or at least it never gets there.

We never had hosties, dont know where youve been playing.

I feel ^ discussion should be legitimately brought up because as we have covered, fun is the primary aspect.

I don't even care if you guys all ALWAYS chose me to die if you win trivia because it would make it more fun. Plus that last minute attempt at rebelling is more fun that standing around doing nothing the whole time, and being proud you survived, even though you literally did nothing.

We've never had hosties not sure where youve been playing.

Reply to Thread