? servers

? players online

Formal complaint against the administration.

• Content Count:  1349

First and foremost the game and community are there for us to have fun. Rules are only there to keep servers fun and fair, if the server's populace finds that certain rules being broken is fun (to an extent)...why not let them?

I've noticed some of you discussing what Potshot did. I should clarify that at this time I physically can't view demos so I've not seen the demo for myself. If he was mic spamming constantly and people were complaining then there are various ways to handle this which include but aren't limited to banning from our servers for a period of time, demotion in rank, or a strike if it's especially severe1.

Like I said though, I haven't viewed the demo. To my understanding it wasn't anything serious. The reason the strike was reverted was in part because he wasn't using his admin powers and therefore could hardly be abusing them. There's more to it than that, but I'm afraid I can't discuss it further. It suffices to say that the other Board members and Red viewed it and decided it wasn't worthy any of the aforementioned punishments. I have no opinion on what he actually did since I haven't seen the demo.

This is what I ment. I'd love to go back when the rules wernt as strict. But seeing now, people take it as abuse, cough awacs cough, and turning away from "regular gameplay"

I've seen admins bend the rules to good effect, I've also seen them bend the rules to ill effect. It's pretty hard to make rules to prevent the latter while allowing the former. When the community was smaller it was much less diversified and easier to allow that. There's no simple fix for this problem though.

Go to pool, no detours no delays. Then the CT's camp the vent. This is the new jailbreak.

Jailbreak is a roleplaying gametype. We can't legislate how you roleplay for the most part. If you don't like how the game is going, feel free to leave the server and join another one.

http://www.steam-gamers.net will be for ever remembered as the best community that ever existed!!!

You should take off those rose-tinted glasses, they're clouding your judgement.

Never, ever, ever should the public be blind to how things are run. This will instantly lead to corruption and destruction of the outside community, which is what we're starting to see.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Interesting take on things but all of our "power" is useless without members supporting the community both financially and socially. Since everyone is free to come and go as they please unlike with a real government with borders and a military, so I'm not horribly concerned.

That said not everything can be transparent. More open perhaps, although not completely.

Admin complaints should be anonymous to everyone but Haggard.

Isn't this the opposite of open? In either case that would require a lot of extra work for Haggard. Every time a new complaint is made he'd have to personally repost it without the name including all proof2. However, you're always free to PM such things to the Board, VP, or Haggard (do not spam his PM box) if you wish to remain anonymous. This already happens on a semi-regular basis.

But with that said this should never happen again.

It will. It doesn't matter what kind of system we have, it will eventually happen again. However, someone of higher rank can overturn their decision. I prefer to have a system of appeals rather than a "perfect" solution. Perhaps this could be made more official with more discussion.

PS. And if 80% of BD's and Ao's are not present then I guess the complaint will be reviewed at a later time when the majority is present to decide a outcome.

Between personal lives and timezone differences it would pretty much be impossible to get 80% of the AOs+ in on a discussion. For a reference that would require all AOs, plus the AM, plus one BD. There's a 7/8 split between US residents and Europe residents. This would guarantee admin complaints are never dealt with. Currently we generally make a thread in the appropriate forum and discuss it, but even then due to timezone differences and personal lives it's hard to get everyone discussing it. We try to take care of all support issues in a timely fashion.

On a separate note; how do you know the total number of strikes of all the current admins Jaffa?

We keep a record of all strikes issued as well as some other information. How do you expect us to remember when someone has accumulated three strikes? Our memories aren't perfect :thumb:.

1 By especially severe I mean an admin basically griefing a server.

2 All proof uploaded to the SG webserver would either be duplicated or manually deleted and re-uploaded.

3 Added subscript and superscript tags since I'm sick of using asterisks. The tags are [noparse][/noparse] and [noparse][/noparse] respectively3.

• Content Count:  503

Well astrum..in that case since timezone is an issue..make so that when a complaint is made in thread.80% must have seen the thread and have given an opinion..so if it takes 2-4 days for a punishment to be issued at least it will be the best punishment the board and AO's cn agre on..instead of having lets say one BD and 4 AO's issueing a punishment

• Content Count:  6559

No.

It's easier to have flexibility and prompt response with players allowed to appeal. We'd be as fast as the DMV otherwise, having to make sure we checklist every single complaint every time with a sign in sheet. Granted I'll agree that in this case a decision was made TOO quickly.

I fucking hate bloated governance and we're already passed that level here as is. We learn from our mistakes and move on, well most of us, others try to drag things out as long as possible.

We fucked up and apologized, and will fuck up again in the future, but hopefully learn from our mistakes, this isn't some six-sigma corporation, nor will it ever be. Deal with it.

These cryfests with suggestions of more bureaucracy every time there's drama are old.

AOs/BDs aren't paid enough to fill out that much paper work.

People wonder why we cycle through AOs so fast.

• Content Count:  4685

No.

It's easier to have flexibility and prompt response with players allowed to appeal. We'd be as fast as the DMV otherwise, having to make sure we checklist every single complaint every time with a sign in sheet. Granted I'll agree that in this case a decision was made TOO quickly.

I fucking hate bloated governance and we're already passed that level here as is. We learn from our mistakes and move on, well most of us, others try to drag things out as long as possible.

We fucked up and apologized, and will fuck up again in the future, but hopefully learn from our mistakes, this isn't some six-sigma corporation, nor will it ever be. Deal with it.

These cryfests with suggestions of more bureaucracy every time there's drama are old.

AOs/BDs aren't paid enough to fill out that much paper work.

People wonder why we cycle through AOs so fast.

Mabey if your AO choosing cylce chose better people for Ao...

• Content Count:  4685

Or we could just be less tolerant of part-time trolls and revert to Henda times.

Lol Henda times, seeing as he didnt ban Appleshark nor Brood I dont think that would bother me.:toung:

Reply to Thread