? servers

? players online

*Bump*

• Content Count:  2115

Bumping old threads that are, say, 2 weeks and up IS against the rule and IS annoying. And I do use the search function. +1.

Thing is, there is no written (that I know of) rule that states this.

People will bitch about anything they can, bumping cannot do harm to anyone, but some people just don't understand things that simple.

*lol

• Content Count:  4263

Ganzta stop trying to cause something, you've said your piece and we get your point.

Sgt Church, we get pissed off because most of these old bumps are people saying something like "lol" or "level 30 chariwizard" in a 6 month old thread. Also, as has been said, when its asking the exact same question that was answered 2 weeks before.

Some of your stuff was answered here: http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26572&highlight=bumping

What annoys me is that forum members will search for old threads to answer their question, then feel the need to post something random as acknowledgement, when it isn't necessary to post at all.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6712

If people bump an old thread to say something really random then that is just annoying.

If someone bumps an old thread instead of making a new thread on the same topic that is fine.

Thing with that is, sometimes people want to go back to a new topic, and posting a new thread results in "use search feature" and then if they bumped it would be "stop bumping".

They've got to do one of the two :confused:

• Content Count:  1484

If you want to bump an old thread, make sure you have something important/relevant to say

This.

Maybe put it in the rules/faq, and then there will be no more QQ.

• Content Count:  669

Jaffa, I understand people get pissed about it but why is it that people have to rage about the bump, then have other people quote them for a +1? In a list, I will say what is helpful about your post.

1. Gantza, stop trying to start shit.

2. You linked me to another forum with a similar topic that I got additional information off of.

3. You put the *people who bump without any useful purpose* into this conversation, I forgot about adding that, and I agree with it.

Other than that, why do people yell at the new forum members about a question that is already answered if they are just new? I don't really thing 5 + people stating that it has been answered is really gonna solve anything, and it will have repeated responses of *Why did you repeat that? stop trying to up your post count*.

As for stupid nonsense posts that raise the post counts and bnump spammers, the Higher ups can easily ban the account, delete the posts, or lock the topic. I really do not understand why a big deal is made of it, then it is bitched at to be locked, then people get a +1 by saying *In Before the Lock* like it is some great achievement to place yourself at the end of rage, QQ, and bitching.

Reply to Thread