? servers

? players online

Favorite Tom Clancy Book

• Content Count:  975

I've read quite a few Tom Clancy books and my problem with them remains the same.. They are very formulaic and there are much better authors out there that i'd rather read.

If I had to pick it would be either "The Bear and the Dragon" or "Red Rabbit"

Look at item 4 and you will see the "Tom Clancy Plot Generator" the sad part is that it works and could be used for any Tom Clancy book or movie. http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=five_shitty_movies

i don't want to sound mean but that doesn't even cover half the books, that isn't even a summary of the books they have much more engaging plots and tell me who is a better author please tell me?

• Content Count:  3380

i don't want to sound mean but that doesn't even cover half the books, that isn't even a summary of the books they have much more engaging plots and tell me who is a better author please tell me?

I didnt know that Authors had fanboys.

I'm Learning new stuff everyday.

• Content Count:  3440

How old are you? I get the feeling you're not that well read. Or at least haven't been exposed to a decent selection. There are hundreds of authors that are far superior to Clancy. I didn't say he's terrible by any means. Hell I even listed a few of his books that I enjoyed. All I said was that I find his books very formulaic.

As for naming better authors.. Where to begin... Robert Ludlum, Orson Scott Card, Robert Jordan, Tad Williams, Clive Cussler, Robin Cook, Michael Crichton, James Clavell, Robert McCammon etc. etc. Pick a genre! Because I could go on forever..

I don't know how much you read but I would suggest trying to broaden your selection.

• Content Count:  253

How old are you? I get the feeling you're not that well read. Or at least haven't been exposed to a decent selection. There are hundreds of authors that are far superior to Clancy. I didn't say he's terrible by any means. Hell I even listed a few of his books that I enjoyed. All I said was that I find his books very formulaic.

As for naming better authors.. Where to begin... Robert Ludlum, Orson Scott Card, Robert Jordan, Tad Williams, Clive Cussler, Robin Cook, Michael Crichton, James Clavell, Robert McCammon etc. etc. Pick a genre! Because I could go on forever..

I don't know how much you read but I would suggest trying to broaden your selection.

I'll have to check out a lot of those authors. I start listening to an audiobook and I feel like I'm there, watching the whole book unfold.

• Content Count:  3440

I use AudioBooks while I'm working, mowing the lawn etc. and can't read. They really vary in quality and depend a lot on the production and how well the person reading can voice act. In some cases a bad reader can ruin a good book. Let me know what you're into and I'll put together a list of books for you to check out.

• Content Count:  975

ya well I'm 13 so.... Plus I only pretty much read at night. Plus i only read stuff that actually could happen and war books so i think i do need to expand it. Thanks for bringing up some authors.

Reply to Thread