? servers

? players online

Formal Appeal to Admin Strike and the Community's Administration

• Content Count:  1079

Dear Board of Directors and Administrative Manager,

I would like to formally appeal my second admin strike given to me November 16 (http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27183 ). The complaint was originally submitted on my action of no-clipping into the escape ship on the Death Star escape map, ‘hovering’ until the explosion finished (while I made sure to attract all the CTs’ attention), releasing myself from no-clip and being pinned to a corner by twenty guns, and then barely zombifying a player who thereafter zombified the rest of the CT team. I feel that this strike was not decided by the presented facts, as complaints are supposed to be; therefore, the final decision that was made cannot be and is not justified. As such, my second admin strike should be lifted and removed from my record for the following reasons:

First, as I already stated, the AOs in charge of my admin complaint made a decision that was hardly objective. In the beginning ‘stages’ of the complaint, Daze said he had no sympathy and said my defense was a “weak excuse.” He clearly had already decided, within himself, that I would be punished despite the reality of what happened; how can a reasonable decision be made when it’s influenced by a personal bias?

Next, I would like to mention how other administrators have committed more server actions with little to no punishment. A primary example is the complaint filed against Paul on October 7 ( http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25952&highlight=Paul ) . Here, Paul changed his own personal gravity as to lower his friction, affecting game-play by disrupting the CT team during these specific rounds. In addition, he later did an action that killed the entire terrorist team. Both these occurrences were well-received by the server (just like my action was well-received in my complaint) though what Paul did was still severely abusive of his own administrative powers. Paul said in this complaint that he did these actions out of boredom and got “a little but too carried away” and admitted to creating a black hole, an action only higher-ups can do, an action that is irresponsible because it had no real fundamental purpose. Still, Paul received absolutely no punishment even though his actions were very abusive of his capabilities. Why am I being punished for committing things far less severe while Paul gets off scotch-free?

Continuing, as I said in my complaint again and again, my actions were out of benevolence. I did them after the round was completed where no harm could be done, where my actions could not alter the game-play of the round. I no-clipped into the ship after the explosion, after the round was essentially completed, and after there was any chance of me assisting either side (humans or zombies). None of this was thoroughly addressed by the AOs in my complaint: why? My actions during that escape round made no difference in the ending results besides the finishing title screen of “Humans Win” to Zombies Win.” Likewise, I also want to emphasize that my actions were well-received by the large majority of the playerbase but was far less abusive than what Paul did during early October. How are my actions truly abuse if they did not affect the overall game-play and outcome of the round?

I also want to mention Potshot and his earlier situation (http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26599 and http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26565&highlight=Potshot ). I won’t really link everything, but our situations share one major similarity that is distinct from Paul’s complaint: Potshot and I were making the server fun, doing what we did so our fellow players’ could have an opportune chance to laugh. We did what we did so that we could provide reason for others to return to SG servers with less fear of people being jerks. And unlike Paul, Potshot and I did what we did for everyone else, not for ourselves; we did what we did for the server, not to satisfy our own boredom or self-interests. What Potshot and I did was indirectly done for this community.

Like Potshot, I form these demands: (1) My second admin strike be revoked and erased from my record, and (2) the integrity of some the administrators of this community be re-evaluated.

In conclusion, my second admin strike was unjustly given. The decision was influenced by personal bias, making the decision unjustifiable and questionable. Additionally, other administrators have received little or no punishment even though they committed much worse “crimes” than I did, my primary example being Paul. But unlike Paul, what I did was after the game-play of the round (and with benevolent intent), therefore meaning that I did not affect any game-play (which also means my actions are undeserving of a strike and cannot truly be called “abuse”). Also, like Potshot, my actions were not selfish and were for our fellow players, not for self-entertainment.

I would also like to mention, in concurrence with Potshot’s earlier problem, that this should neither be ignored nor moved. I, myself, am getting tired of the constant political silliness that has grown in this community over the past years. If the higher-ups of this community cannot allow the general population to see my opinion, then can we really call this organization a community?

• Like 7

• Content Count:  2596

wow potshot avro. Potshot didnt use any admin powers. while you on the other hand, you no clipped into a human filled heli and made the lose, if all you got was i strike you should be counting your lucky stars that you didn't get more. If it was "all in good fun" like you say. why did you knife the guy when he came close to you.

• Content Count:  2132

wow potshot avro. Potshot didnt use any admin powers. while you on the other hand, you no clipped into a human filled heli and made the lose, if all you got was i strike you should be counting your lucky stars that you didn't get more. If it was "all in good fun" like you say. why did you knife the guy when he came close to you.

so like tl; read half?

• Content Count:  1078

o.o' I got striked for slapping someone who wanted to be slap. So, if you want to be technical, this is a more severe case where you actually started messing with everyone's gameplay... While I, personally do not really care about something like this as I would like a more carefree server, I'd like even punishment for acts. It seems SG is unbalanced these days with punishments... If one admin receives or does not receive a strike, it should be an equal punishment for every other similar case, or in something like this, the minimum punishment for a more severe case. I do not see the fairness in someone not receiving a strike for noclipping and killing an entire team while someone who simply slapped a willing participant does receive a strike. Just simply stating, it needs fair and equivalent punishment in situations like this.

• Content Count:  6084

I did not, in any way sanction or approve this complaint. As far as I saw looking at it, you did clearly break rules, and your only valid complaint here is a double standard if anything. If you want to argue that people grief to much here about what constitutes abuse, thats another thing entirely that could be discussed at another time, but not as a red herring for the fact that you messed up bro.

Also my complaint was two reasons, a) that I had in no real way violated server rules and b) for reasons I will not get into because it was an internally private matter.

Bitches be stealing my trademarked wall of text.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  1079

All,

My link to Potshot was not 'the usage of admin powers' versus not using powers. I linked Potshot to my situation because both share a similar source: fun.

I understand that I no-clipped and that Potshot didn't. I compared us because we both did what we did out of the search for fun.

• Content Count:  2596

Avro your saying your like pot, and you didnt affect the round, and no one was hurt. Well you made it so people who were certainly going to win lose, and you got someone a bunch of kills. and a bunch of somesones killed. And obviously it wasnt fun for everyone if there was a complaint. You used admin powers when potshot didnt, etc. etc.

Reply to Thread