? servers

? players online

Formal Appeal to Admin Strike and the Community's Administration

• Content Count:  2115

wow potshot avro. Potshot didnt use any admin powers. while you on the other hand, you no clipped into a human filled heli and made the lose, if all you got was i strike you should be counting your lucky stars that you didn't get more. If it was "all in good fun" like you say. why did you knife the guy when he came close to you.

In the end, this thread is mainly jumping back at the way Paul's complaint was dealth with. I gurantee you Awacs was not satisfied with the way the complaint was handled.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11501

I wasn't going to post anything since it was in an admin complaint, but since it is brought out in the open you made it a whole new ball game.

You completely deserved the strike, and you have done shit before that you deserved a strike for (punishing with no tags on, wrong name, etc.), and this is finally catching up to you. As Daze said, we all know that was a weak excuse you used to justify your actions. You CLEARLY broke the rules. Stop bitching and take the strike you deserve.

• Content Count:  6084

In the end, this thread is mainly jumping back at the way Paul's complaint was dealth with. I gurantee you Awacs was not satisfied with the way the complaint was handled.

Awacs will be happy IMO when he's the last person left alone in a sea of blacklisted names and a HDD full of alphabetized CSS demos.

• Content Count:  1079

I'm confused.

The majority of the server was laughing, receiving my actions in a good manner. So I pose this question to you, Leluoch:

Potshot's actions were well-received by many but one person; my actions were well-received by many but one person. How are our situations different in that comparison?

• Content Count:  2115

Awacs will be happy IMO when he's the last person left alone in a sea of blacklisted names and a HDD full of alphabetized CSS demos.

I lol'd. So true. But I am talking about that he was not satisfied with the way the particular complaint was dealth with.

• Content Count:  6084

I'm confused.

The majority of the server was laughing, receiving my actions in a good manner. So I pose this question to you, Leluoch:

Potshot's actions were well-received by many but one person; my actions were well-received by many but one person. How are our situations different in that comparison?

Because bro, my actions were, regardless of reception, legit. I do, regardless of what some people think, abide by the rules even if I disagree with them, otherwise I'd just drop my admin powers and pack up. If they believe the rules are for the best, I will complain that they're driving our servers into the ground on the forums, not by LOLclipping to foil the other team. My strike was reversed (actually it still says punished, but I'm not one to bitch) because it was made on shaky grounds, not because I did it for the lulz.

• Content Count:  2390

I agree with everything expect for this:

we did what we did for the server, not to satisfy our own boredom or self-interests. What Potshot and I did was indirectly done for this community.

You can't honestly sit there and say you no-clipped YOURSELF, for the good of EVERYONE, it just doesn't match. It WAS for your own self-interest.

That being said you are right in your own way, the round had effectively "ended" after the humans escaped, and the humans won the match. Although you noclipped, got someone, and the entire team turned into zombies. It was still considered a Human victory, and therefore the game play of the round was not altered (seeing as it was already over).

Why a strike was given I will never know, until someone decides to bitch at me and tell me why.

• Content Count:  950

Whats the big deal here, shouldnt this strike have motivated you into following the rules? Just man up and take responsibility, theres no need to point fingers, youre not a kid anymore.

• Content Count:  6466

I'm confused.

Thank god, we here at SG, do not go off what 'the majority' of people like. We'd have to become eGO.

While I agree with your point against Paul not receiving anything, your strike was entirely deserved, when the complaint was brought up you decided to make it a 'if you strike me it means this community is shit' deal, as opposed to 'if you strike me I won't noclip like a dumbass and make people lose a round again' which you should have done.

Your strike was more or less a build up of previous incidents and your overall response to being complained about.

If we went off what a majority of people like, as opposed to trying to make it fun for everyone, we would lose that minority of people and it would not help us grow, your actions showed those minority of people that we have Admins who abuse their powers to win a round, and that loses players. Loss of players means loss of growth, and if we lose players who are well known in other communities, we lose more than just 'a few people' as they will have their own opinions on our community, and those will be mostly bad due to your actions of using noclip to win the round.

You would have been much better off letting all those on the ship escape and all be happy about winning, rather than pissing off some people and others being more happy.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread