? servers

? players online

Formal Appeal to Admin Strike and the Community's Administration

• Content Count:  1079

Because bro, my actions were, regardless of reception, legit. I do, regardless of what some people think, abide by the rules even if I disagree with them, otherwise I'd just drop my admin powers and pack up. If they believe the rules are for the best, I will complain that they're driving our servers into the ground on the forums, not by LOLclipping to foil the other team. My strike was reversed (actually it still says punished, but I'm not one to bitch) because it was made on shaky grounds, not because I did it for the lulz.

I don't deny that part of my motivation was "for the lulz." But won't upsets me is that it's hardly abuse.

Yeah, I no-clipped when they wasn't an obvious reason for me to do so, but what was the ultimate outcome?

I got a strike because one guy was upset that he didn't see "Humans Win." Is that really comparable to me fucking up the servers or slaying players during the round (not after)?

• Content Count:  2596

I'm confused.

The majority of the server was laughing, receiving my actions in a good manner. So I pose this question to you, Leluoch:

Potshot's actions were well-received by many but one person; my actions were well-received by many but one person. How are our situations different in that comparison?

He didnt use admin powers, or made the other team lose. Also in response to that ^^ post up there. Its like your ignorant to the fact that people play escapse to see the "humans win" and when they finally make it to a chopper for the first time. You fly in there and ruin it. Potshots, was him and the whole T team running around screamming mine. Yours was no clipping into somewhere and making the other team lose HUGE DIFFERENCE

also

a warning on the internet, is like peeing into the ocean.

Edited by Shamwow!

• Content Count:  4473

Yes there is a bit of a different scale of punishment or regulation between the higher ups and regular admins, but you still changed the outcome of the round with your actions. Your claim at trying to have fun doesn't hide the fact that your actions changed the outcome, so it is a moot point.

Things need to be handled better for the higher ups, but that is a different topic for another day. I don't know much about how you usually act in the servers, but if enough people told me that this wasn't the first time you've misused your admin abilities in such a manner, I would give you a strike. If not, you would at least get a very stern warning.

Edited by Italian Jew

• Content Count:  1980

I agree that they went to far instead of giving you a slap in the wrist they gave you a strike but...your actions changed the outcome of the round while Paul's and Spartans did not since they did it while the map changed and the low grav after a vote.

P.S. Happy Birthday Avro

• Content Count:  1078

o.o' I got striked for slapping someone who wanted to be slap. So, if you want to be technical, this is a more severe case where you actually started messing with everyone's gameplay... While I, personally do not really care about something like this as I would like a more carefree server, I'd like even punishment for acts. It seems SG is unbalanced these days with punishments... If one admin receives or does not receive a strike, it should be an equal punishment for every other similar case, or in something like this, the minimum punishment for a more severe case. I do not see the fairness in someone not receiving a strike for noclipping and killing an entire team while someone who simply slapped a willing participant does receive a strike. Just simply stating, it needs fair and equivalent punishment in situations like this.

Quoting myself to make a point...

I disagree with the strict rules we have, but I don't disagree with the fact they're rules and I broke them by slapping someone. In that situation, rules are rules, regardless of why I did it(And i did it for the same reason as you, as said by others, 'for the lulz'). Theres a rule against what you did, and so you were punished. Doesn't matter why you killed a man, you still killed a man, and you're gonna get punished for it. Just take the strike like a big boy, and learn from it. I don't even slap my friends anymore, because it's against the rules.

Yes, i agree the higher ups should receive equal punishment, Yes i agree the rules are somewhat stupid, but regardless, you still broke them. You abused your powers and altered the round, no matter how you see it, people want to see their team wins. I get excited when i beat a map for the first time, and so do others. If one person doesn't like your rule-breaking, then quit it.

You can't honestly sit there and say you no-clipped YOURSELF, for the good of EVERYONE, it just doesn't match. It WAS for your own self-interest.

It sounds silly, but I don't usually do things just for myself.

When I thought "Hey, it'd be cool to do that," I wasn't thinking of how cool it'd be to do that for myself, I was thinking of how many other people who get to have a laugh. I knew there'd be a stickler, there always is.

But the fact of matter is this: Regardless of my motivation, the actual "abuse" that occurred is hardly abuse. It happened after the war was essentially over when everyone knew the CTs had won; a title screen doesn't honestly make that much of a difference does it?

---

And here's another interesting thing I don't quite understand. If I received a strike for this complaint because of previous actions, then bring that up in a different complaint. Seriously.

Vince's complaint addressed my no-clipping into a ship, not the past. A fair AO should make a decision based on that situation, not previous ones.

If AOs are "getting revenge" then how can they claim that they're being "objective and fair" ??

If the AOs are fair, then their decisions would be from the present facts, not the past. If they're making decisions based on personal bias and opinions of one's past, then we need to stop claiming that our system is really good and start re-evaluating this community's chain-of-command.

In a weird analogy, it's not too much different in court: A judge will usually make decisions based on the facts presented during the case, not the overall record of the accused (unless their record is obviously chronic, like constant arrest of drugs).

Edited by Chêvouÿx

• Content Count:  3343

Sheesh, people take things much too seriously. This is a CSS gaming community people, you got an imaginary strike for your server admin, stop treating it like you are being charged with double rape homicide.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  6466

When I thought "Hey, it'd be cool to do that," I wasn't thinking of how cool it'd be to do that for myself, I was thinking of how many other people who get to have a laugh. I knew there'd be a stickler, there always is.

But the fact of matter is this: Regardless of my motivation, the actual "abuse" that occurred is hardly abuse. It happened after the war was essentially over when everyone knew the CTs had won; a title screen doesn't honestly make that much of a difference does it?

---

And here's another interesting thing I don't quite understand. If I received a strike for this complaint because of previous actions, then bring that up in a different complaint. Seriously.

Vince's complaint addressed my no-clipping into a ship, not the past. A fair AO should make a decision based on that situation, not previous ones.

If AOs are "getting revenge" then how can they claim that they're being "objective and fair" ??

If the AOs are fair, then their decisions would be from the present facts, not the past. If they're making decisions based on personal bias and opinions of one's past, then we need to stop claiming that our system is really good and start re-evaluating this community's chain-of-command.

In a weird analogy, it's not too much different in court: A judge will usually make decisions based on the facts presented during the case, not the overall record of the accused (unless their record is obviously chronic, like constant arrest of drugs).

A curious statement to make, considering in that complaint, being unbiased and basing everything off the facts given, you used noclip for use other than intended, and altered gameplay giving a win to the other team.

Saying that you want something to be judged by facts alone, you are accepting your strike. The fact you say it was for 'fun' would not be accounted due to complaints not taking in account if you found it fun or not.

Nice point you're putting across here.

• Content Count:  2390

Personally if I was on the ship, I would have found it more funny if you had just flown around, rather than going out of no clip. Also your motivation IS an important part in order to judge the outcome, if the intent was seen as good fun for all, this may have been taken differently.

Personally if I was on the ship, I would have found it more funny if you had just flown around, rather than going out of no clip. Also your motivation IS an important part in order to judge the outcome, if the intent was seen as good fun for all, this may have been taken differently.

Fair enough.

---

A curious statement to make, considering in that complaint, being unbiased and basing everything off the facts given, you used noclip for use other than intended, and altered gameplay giving a win to the other team.

Saying that you want something to be judged by facts alone, you are accepting your strike. The fact you say it was for 'fun' would not be accounted due to complaints not taking in account if you found it fun or not.

I used no-clip for the entertainment of other players, not myself. The facts are my motivation was not selfish and my actions only affected the title screen.

I got a strike because someone didn't like to see "Zombies Win." So yet again, I pose the question:

Are my actions really abuse when they were well-received and they didn't affect the core game-play of the round?

---

I also want to reitterate that Paul got away with his rockets and black holes. Why am I being punished when he got away with stuff far worse than what I did?

All this political silliness is pretty damned far from righteousness.

• Like 1
Edited by Chêvouÿx

Reply to Thread