? servers

? players online

Formal Appeal to Admin Strike and the Community's Administration

• Content Count:  6084

Fair enough.

---

I used no-clip for the entertainment of other players, not myself. The facts are my motivation was not selfish and my actions only affected the title screen.

I got a strike because someone didn't like to see "Zombies Win." So yet again, I pose the question:

Are my actions really abuse when they were well-received and they didn't affect the core game-play of the round?

I don't see how this is for the good of the server. I, and the 10 other people yelling "MINE" in our microphones didn't give two shits about the other team as they gunned us down, we were just having fun, while abiding by the rules as well, which was the matter of contention. You're arguing that having fun comes before server rules, and that is a debate that is to mediated on the forums, and cannot and will not be challenged on a server. Just because you made the value judgement that everyone on the server would find it funny if you decided to shank a human in noclip is actually inexcusable, regardless of there only being a few seconds of gameplay left. Whether or not I find the server rules and punishments for admin powers, their purposes, and use ingame don't break them, I just raise hell about them on the forums from time to time, that's what you fail to get.

Should have just typed ma_give #all AIDS to get your kicks in.

Edited by PotshotPolka

• Content Count:  6466

What players think of the situation are not included in the judgment of a complaint. That is why reg players cannot post in Admin Complaints.

You get a strike for using noclip against it's intended use. You can make votes to allow someone to mic spam music and have it pass, and you would still be punished if complained about.

Affecting game-play is affecting game-play, it doesn't have different 'ranks' of game-play or different levels, you altered what team won around as well as player scores, you also took away Human's satisfaction of winning.

You are digging yourself a hole, and I hope in light of what you are now saying and the points I've clearly pointed out to you, people will realize you deserved this, and that you yourself will realize you're essentially accepting the strike with what arguments you're trying to make.

• Content Count:  4473

Are my actions really abuse when they were well-received and they didn't affect the core game-play of the round?

Yes, but it is only one strike and not the end of the world. You could have easily NOT knifed anyone in the shuttle and avoided all of this.

• Content Count:  605

I'm confused.

The majority of the server was laughing, receiving my actions in a good manner.

Here is the simplicity of the situation, as I highlighted in red.

You made it so an obvious win by the humans was turned around and instead won by zombies. Personally, I wouldn't have laughed, as it isn't always easy to win as humans on certain maps like Deathstar.

Just because the "Majority" of the server had a laugh, doesn't mean everyone did. Obviously at least ONE person was not happy with what you did, and that's already ONE too many. Simple as that, and the strike is well deserved. Just deal with it.

• Content Count:  6466

I also want to reitterate that Paul got away with his rockets and black holes. Why am I being punished when he got away with stuff far worse than what I did?

All this political silliness is pretty damned far from righteousness.

To address this part, what does it have to do with your strike?

You are trying to push two different points, and frankly, the whole 'Paul didn't get a strike so I shouldn't either' isn't a very good argument to use.

Leave Paul's complaint for another thread, focus on your own strike rather than bringing in other complaints. You yourself stated you want unbiased judgment in complaints, why would a unbiased person use another complaint as justification for any punishment they give?

You are contradicting yourself and it in the end will not reflect well upon the goals you're trying to achieve.

• Content Count:  1079

I've already said that there'll always be a stickler amongst a crowd of laughers.

But the fact still remains: other admins have gotten away with more server actions. What happens to them?

Also, if the whole thing is going to be tagged as abuse because that one stickler (as there always is one) got upset, then I don't really know what the point of administration is.

Is an admin not supposed to promote (if not provide) fun in the servers so people return and the community stays alive?

---

My whole two points here are: (1) that the basis of my strike is a lot of bologna: The only outcome of what I did was laughs, a complaint, and the ending title screen. If that's going to mean abuse, then I don't know what is abuse at this point. (2) There is a lot of crap going around the running of this community. I mentioned Paul because he got away with stuff far worse. My argument concerning Paul is simple: Is my strike's decision truly justifiable when the same people making those decisions are allowing worse stuff to happen amongst themselves?

Hypocrisy ain't so cool.

Edited by Chêvouÿx

• Content Count:  2596

I've already said that there'll always be a stickler amongst a crowd of laughers.

But the fact still remains: other admins have gotten away with more server actions. What happens to them?

Also, if the whole thing is going to be tagged as abuse because that one stickler (as there always is one) got upset, then I don't really know what the point of administration is.

Is an admin not supposed to promote (if not provide) fun in the servers so people return and the community stays alive?

My whole point here is that the basis of my strike is a lot of bologna: The only outcome of what I did was laughs, a complaint, and the ending title screen. If that's going to mean abuse, then I don't know what is abuse at this point.

If your point is that other admins have gotten away with more, this should be tittled, my formal complaint about the mistreatment of low level admins, not Formal Appeal to Admin Strike and the Community's Administration. Your using the fact paul dosen't get punished to some how off set the fact that you fucked up.

Your trying to sound like Potshot and its not working 1) because he had a VALID point. 2) Your not potshot.

Each case is handeled differently, you made a whole team lose that had won, paul bounced around for a round or two and got shits and giggles, potshot organized a T rush everyone screamming MINE! im not arguing paul not being punished is right but that you being punished was.

Edited by Shamwow!

• Content Count:  4473

(2) There is a lot of crap going around the running of this community. I mentioned Paul because he got away with stuff far worse. My argument concerning Paul is simple: Is my strike's decision truly justifiable when the same people making those decisions are allowing worse stuff to happen amongst themselves?

Hypocrisy ain't so cool.

Make a new thread

My whole point here is that the basis of my strike is a lot of bologna: The only outcome of what I did was laughs, a complaint, and the ending title screen. If that's going to mean abuse, then I don't know what is abuse at this point.

Promote fun, but follow the rules at the same time. If you cannot follow the rules or want to change one, speak to the higher ups about it beforehand or quit being an admin. It's as simple as that.

Reply to Thread