? servers

? players online

Formal Appeal to Admin Strike and the Community's Administration

• Content Count:  1079

My whole two points here are: (1) that the basis of my strike is a lot of bologna: The only outcome of what I did was laughs, a complaint, and the ending title screen. If that's going to mean abuse, then I don't know what is abuse at this point. (2) There is a lot of crap going around the running of this community. I mentioned Paul because he got away with stuff far worse. My argument concerning Paul is simple: Is my strike's decision truly justifiable when the same people making those decisions are allowing worse stuff to happen amongst themselves?

Hypocrisy ain't so cool.

• Content Count:  1824

Promote fun, but follow the rules at the same time. If you cannot follow the rules or want to change one, speak to the higher ups about it beforehand or quit being an admin. It's as simple as that.

Bad thing about this IJ, is that Admins can't have fun anymore without someone being a whinny little bitch about one thing. It's either we patrol the server, or get bitched at for not helping anyone. I hardly play our servers anymore because of this shit. The way our players are now, is agitating to say the least.

Back on topic now:

Avro,

You fucked up, receive this punishment and get on with it. Don't do something like that, because there are people in this community that are here to be complete douche bags. We can't change that, if we could this community would be alot smaller. Just play the game to the rules, and be careful to what rules you clearly break and what you accidentally break.

Guest barackobama

As far as I know, all the AO's had a vote and decided that a strike was correct, I doubt the strike will be removed. Sorry.

I will take a look at the complaint later when i'm back from work :blink:

• Content Count:  4473

Bad thing about this IJ, is that Admins can't have fun anymore without someone being a whinny little bitch about one thing. It's either we patrol the server, or get bitched at for not helping anyone. I hardly play our servers anymore because of this shit. The way our players are now, is agitating to say the least.

Some people just want a simple, legit game without any shenanigans by the admin. Maybe there should be more lax times of the day or special events where admins don't have to be as restrictive when it comes to certain rules.

A permanent policy of allowing admins to change rules to have fun won't work because you'd have conflicting actions by the admins if more than one are present and the group of people who just want a normal game.

Should get a general consensus as to what the community wants from its admins, then if any changes are to be implemented, figure out how to regulate admins being able to modify certain things.

• Content Count:  1824

Some people just want a simple, legit game without any shenanigans by the admin. Maybe there should be more lax times of the day or special events where admins don't have to be as restrictive when it comes to certain rules.

A permanent policy of allowing admins to change rules to have fun won't work because you'd have conflicting actions by the admins if more than one are present and the group of people who just want a normal game.

Should get a general consensus as to what the community wants from its admins, then if any changes are to be implemented, figure out how to regulate admins being able to modify certain things.

but most of those simple people, yes want the game simple, but are stingy assholes half the time, ruining it for others.

Sorry Awacs for saying this;

he's one of the people that do this time from time. He can be a giant stickler, going after other admins, and players. People do this because they like people getting fucked over. That is why i rarely play our servers anymore. It's almost filled constantly with annoying idiots.

• Content Count:  2115

Just one thing.

I do agree that you have done something you should not have done, even if it did promote some entertainment. You received a strike for it. A higer up most likely wouldn't. That's how we roll here, suck it up and live with it.

• Content Count:  1079

I'd like to remind people of my original post.

(If you don't want to reread everything, just read my conclusion)

I said that my strike should be lifted because of the hypocrisy and influenced decision. (I want to emphasize that I've never confirmed nor denied that my actions are valid.) Daze displayed in the complaint that he already had made his decision up. Also, he may have already had preconceptions about the entire situation; when people are forming preconceptions, they're already solidifying their decisions, trying to ignore what's presented to them. If someone has severe bias and preconceptions, how can their decisions truly be validated?

Also, what I don't think many here are realizing is that I linked Paul only to represent irresponsibility and hypocricy. Letting an AO scotch-free from more servere things is pretty much saying, "WE can do whatever we want, but YOU can't. Tough luck." Is that fair? Is that objective? No.

My entire argument here is simple: My strike should be erased from my record because the strike's premise is unreliable. Also, the hypocricy that the AO team has displayed in the past further suggests their decision to give me a strike is even more rocky. When someone is allowing another to pass through the rules while not allowing others, that only means that that 'someone' isn't quite trustworthy; how can we value the opinion of someone who lets some people slip through their own rules?

• Content Count:  1752

Your attempt at being cool like potshot has failed. GOOD DAY SIR

You still posting? At least most of the people discussing the case have a somewhat-serious argument. The only point you have had is "you're not Potshot." It's obvious you just don't like him, you don't need to tell us/imply it ten times. Good day, douche.

• Like 1
Edited by Trogdor

• Content Count:  4473

I'd like to remind people of my original post.

(If you don't want to reread everything, just read my conclusion)

I said that my strike should be lifted because of the hypocrisy and influenced decision. (I want to emphasize that I've never confirmed nor denied that my actions are valid.) Daze displayed in the complaint that he already had made his decision up. Also, he may have already had preconceptions about the entire situation; when people are forming preconceptions, they're already solidifying their decisions, trying to ignore what's presented to them. If someone has severe bias and preconceptions, how can their decisions truly be validated?

Also, what I don't think many here are realizing is that I linked Paul only to represent irresponsibility and hypocricy. Letting an AO scotch-free from more servere things is pretty much saying, "WE can do whatever we want, but YOU can't. Tough luck." Is that fair? Is that objective? No.

My entire argument here is simple: My strike should be erased from my record because the strike's premise is unreliable. Also, the hypocricy that the AO team has displayed in the past further suggests their decision to give me a strike is even more rocky. When someone is allowing another to pass through the rules while not allowing others, that only means that that 'someone' isn't quite trustworthy; how can we value the opinion of someone who lets some people slip through their own rules?

I think he got off of the hook more not only because he was a higher up, but because he quickly apologized about what he had done and said he wouldn't do it again. People could easily vouch for him that it was a rare occurrence.

Your actions have not been the same as his, so I think that goes just as equally as far as you not being an officer. I can say that if an officer had done what you did to the entire winning side, they would have been punished. If it was against one person that they knew, then no punishment would be given.

You need to understand that your punishment is justified regardless of any double standard that was present in the past. Just about everyone who has posted supports the punishment. It isn't even a real punishment as it is only one strike. Hell, I got a strike back in the day for changing a map vote after the entire server minus one or two people wanted a re-do because the question popped up when the CTs were under siege. It definitely sucked, but it never came back up to bite me in the ass as I didn't abuse my powers to affect gameplay unless some jackass deserved it on Breakfloor. If you don't break any huge rules for a while, the strike really just goes away.

Choose your battles more wisely in the future and if you want to focus on something that is actually attainable, make a new thread with the priority of favoritism in the community as opposed to YOUR strike. If nobody is willing to side with you on that up to this point, then you should drop it as it isn't likely someone will.

Reply to Thread