? servers

? players online

Formal Appeal to Admin Strike and the Community's Administration

• Content Count:  1824

I think he got off of the hook more not only because he was a higher up, but because he quickly apologized about what he had done and said he wouldn't do it again. People could easily vouch for him that it was a rare occurrence.

Your actions have not been the same as his, so I think that goes just as equally as far as you not being an officer. I can say that if an officer had done what you did to the entire winning side, they would have been punished. If it was against one person that they knew, then no punishment would be given.

You need to understand that your punishment is justified regardless of any double standard that was present in the past. Just about everyone who has posted supports the punishment. It isn't even a real punishment as it is only one strike. Hell, I got a strike back in the day for changing a map vote after the entire server minus one or two people wanted a re-do because the question popped up when the CTs were under siege. It definitely sucked, but it never came back up to bite me in the ass as I didn't abuse my powers to affect gameplay unless some jackass deserved it on Breakfloor. If you don't break any huge rules for a while, the strike really just goes away.

Choose your battles more wisely in the future and if you want to focus on something that is actually attainable, make a new thread with the priority of favoritism in the community as opposed to YOUR strike. If nobody is willing to side with you on that up to this point, then you should drop it as it isn't likely someone will.

So, the fact that i've seen daze do stuff like this on multiple occasions is just fine........and yet a SA doing just a little bit is nothing. I've seen on countless time Daze, making Beth, invincible in Crackhouse, and himself basically speed hacking.

Although i agree with the punishment, Avro is saying that it is unfair and unjust that Just because Daze, Paul, Beth, and any other AOs or BDs can fuck around with Rcon or Mani and not get punished worth a fucking damn. I've seen it enough to where I can say that this is somewhat unjust and completely fucked up. Mind you I do agree with the punishment, He fucked up and received a strike, however "Higher Ups" can fuck up/around all they want half the time and not get shit done to them.

However, different topic, another time.

• Content Count:  2390

Some people just want a simple, legit game without any shenanigans by the admin. Maybe there should be more lax times of the day or special events where admins don't have to be as restrictive when it comes to certain rules.

I agree for the most part that when I play a game I don't want the admins to fuck it up, however that being said I have no problem if an admin does something for one or two rounds. Quite frankly anyone who gets butthurt over 1-2 rounds of shenanigans is obviously just pissed about something IRL or just generally a douch.

A permanent policy of allowing admins to change rules to have fun won't work because you'd have conflicting actions by the admins if more than one are present and the group of people who just want a normal game.

You shouldn't need a policy, admins should be choosen as such you be able to trust them fully (or at least mostly) in the servers to keep the "peace" and to make their own decisions as to what is done in order to make the game enjoyable for all players.

And TBH making a rule about when to have fun in a game kinda defeats the purpose of playing the game.

Should get a general consensus as to what the community wants from its admins, then if any changes are to be implemented, figure out how to regulate admins being able to modify certain things.

Ok

What I want from the admins:

• Be able to trust them and their judgment

Biggest problem I see is that since so many admins are being accepted with so little known about them (say what you want but I see many admins vote yes because "I have seen you a few times and you have not broken the rules"), additional rules are needed in order to keep them in line.

All of these issues could be avoided if we could just trust the admins to regulate the servers, no need for legislation or rules or whatever, just trust.

So, the fact that i've seen daze do stuff like this on multiple occasions is just fine........and yet a SA doing just a little bit is nothing. I've seen on countless time Daze, making Beth, invincible in Crackhouse, and himself basically speed hacking..

The selection of AOs is more extensive than the selection of SAs, so in short, because they trust them more, they allow them to get away with little things because in the end they know that they are not bad.

• Like 1
Edited by Bullet Wound

• Content Count:  1824

The selection of AOs is more extensive than the selection of SAs, so in short, because they trust them more, they allow them to get away with little things because in the end they know that they are not bad.

Like completely fucking up 10 or more rounds by making a fellow AO invulnerable to anything allowing her to spawn kill? I think that's alittle fucked up. At the time i laughed about it, but if I was offended by it I would've demo'd him. But i'd like to think that I don't have to Demo fellow Admins or so called "Higher Ups" because they're trusted in our community. I find it irresponsible and stupid that they can fuck around all they want, and we're stuck being the assholes all the time.

• Like 1

Like completely fucking up 10 or more rounds by making a fellow AO invulnerable to anything allowing her to spawn kill? I think that's alittle fucked up. At the time i laughed about it, but if I was offended by it I would've demo'd him. But i'd like to think that I don't have to Demo fellow Admins or so called "Higher Ups" because they're trusted in our community. I find it irresponsible and stupid that they can fuck around all they want, and we're stuck being the assholes all the time.

Thats just cause they let beth get away with anything.

• Content Count:  4473

So, the fact that i've seen daze do stuff like this on multiple occasions is just fine........and yet a SA doing just a little bit is nothing. I've seen on countless time Daze, making Beth, invincible in Crackhouse, and himself basically speed hacking.

Although i agree with the punishment, Avro is saying that it is unfair and unjust that Just because Daze, Paul, Beth, and any other AOs or BDs can fuck around with Rcon or Mani and not get punished worth a fucking damn. I've seen it enough to where I can say that this is somewhat unjust and completely fucked up. Mind you I do agree with the punishment, He fucked up and received a strike, however "Higher Ups" can fuck up/around all they want half the time and not get shit done to them.

However, different topic, another time.

I never said anything along those lines, or at least wasn't my intention.

In your example, it depends who was in the server and if it was just between higher ups/admins that were in on it. In Avro's instance, his action affected everybody on the opposite team and caused them to lose not only because he abused his admin powers, but because he used them to get an unfair advantage over the CTs (i.e. getting in the shuttle and stabbing them). Did Daze and Beth use their abilities against other players who were not in on it?

Higher ups do get away with stuff and I have made myself clear that they should keep a better grip on their actions, but your example doesn't relate to Avro's case where it matters the most. Did anybody bring up the instances against Daze and Beth?

It seems to matter more if people complain or don't complain at the time. Even one complaint shows that at least one person was so against the action, they took the time to make a complaint. You can bet others felt the same way, but didn't feel like making a complaint. If that is the case, then it is a bigger problem than if everybody was cool with the manipulation by the admin.

You shouldn't need a policy, admins should be choosen as such you be able to trust them fully (or at least mostly) in the servers to keep the "peace" and to make their own decisions as to what is done in order to make the game enjoyable for all players.

And TBH making a rule about when to have fun in a game kinda defeats the purpose of playing the game.

The game can be played without any shenanigans from the admins and still be fun.

I would prefer if we didn't need any policy on it, but it has been shown that some admins cannot make the right call when to mess around or not. You could be real nitpicky as to who could be allowed to do so, but you still might have some poor judgment calls. Maybe if any admin who has been here beyond a certain amount of time could provide some "enhancement" to the round or few rounds after a very decisive vote. Admins who have been here longer would hopefully know better, they would need to get permission from the players to do so, and they shouldn't be allowed to manipulate the game for over like 2 or more rounds in a row (or something like that).

At the very least, somebody needs to inform the admins and officers explicitly what is and is not allowed when it comes to manipulating the game.

Edited by Italian Jew

Ugh....favoritism.......damn the women for being so sweet.....:mad2:

Since when is Beth sweet?

The game can be played without any shenanigans from the admins and still be fun.

I would prefer if we didn't need any policy on it, but it has been shown that some admins cannot make the right call when to mess around or not. You could be real nitpicky as to who could be allowed to do so, but you still might have some poor judgment calls. Maybe if any admin who has been here beyond a certain amount of time could provide some "enhancement" to the round or few rounds after a very decisive vote. Admins who have been here longer would hopefully know better, they would need to get permission from the players to do so, and they shouldn't be allowed to manipulate the game for over like 2 or more rounds in a row (or something like that).

At the very least, somebody needs to inform the admins and officers explicitly what is and is not allowed when it comes to manipulating the game.

lol i know it can be played without help from the admin and still be fun, i suppose fun was the wrong word, maybe if i had said unique or something along those lines. Within the idea of it being fun, but different from the usually gameplay.

And TBH, I was only admin for a month and I kinda figured the only way to do something unique (the word im using for fun) was to do a vote first and see if it was actually wanted. Length of time being here really won't change how a person is an admin, they either can do it right, or they can't.

But yea, they should be all be informed on that kind of stuff, all though its pretty comon sense.

Edited by Bullet Wound

• Content Count:  3380

Dante and Bullet can we please stay on the topic of Avro's thread?

Talk about Beth in private chat if you must.

Avro, you did break a rule, and it does suck that you got a strike, but I just dont see how the no-clip was justified at all. I think you just made a mistake, and you just have to accept it.

Edited by Bad Dog

• Content Count:  4473

And TBH, I was only admin for a month and I kinda figured the only way to do something unique (the word im using for fun) was to do a vote first and see if it was actually wanted. Length of time being here really won't change how a person is an admin, they either can do it right, or they can't.

But yea, they should be all be informed on that kind of stuff, all though its pretty comon sense.

If you look at it from a player's POV, would you rather have an admin who has been here for a few months messing with things or some new guy who just got his admin tag? The regular players would at least be more comfortable with the seasoned admin.

Some of our admins and officers lack common sense at times. Having an official rule somewhere would just make instances of admin abuse easier to adjudicate as there would be a definite ruling somewhere rather than people having differing opinions on what they think is right or wrong.

Reply to Thread