? servers

? players online

Formal Appeal to Admin Strike and the Community's Administration

• Content Count:  6741

First, as I already stated, the AOs in charge of my admin complaint made a decision that was hardly objective. In the beginning ‘stages’ of the complaint, Daze said he had no sympathy and said my defense was a “weak excuse.” He clearly had already decided, within himself, that I would be punished despite the reality of what happened; how can a reasonable decision be made when it’s influenced by a personal bias?

Sorry, my personal decision did not influence that of the 4 AO's that looked at the thread and agreed of abuse before I had even looked at the demo myself. Biased? Fuck off.

To add, I find your whole attitude to the whole situation appauling.

Edited by Daze

• Content Count:  2666

you noclipped funny for everyone or not, you used ur admin for something ur not supposed to

as for half the other people posting here who had nothing to do with this

this is just another band wagon thread of the usual qq'ing about the higher ups doing their job. fucking wahh another admin got a strike! fucking wahh i think the higher ups are assholes who get treated better than me! fucking wahh.

one post that especially jumped out at me

I totally agree with you Avro

die in a fire.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4263

I was going to post a wall of text here discussing about this, but then i realised its no longer my problem, although the OP is full of contradictions and poorly used examples.

One thing I will say, is that many people seem to think that as soon as one thing goes wrong, or something contentious is decided, that it obviously must of happened because the AOs are poor/biased/corrupt/etc.

The AO team does a huge role for this community, and a lot of work. Adding/reviewing/removing maps, adding/removing/reviewing server rules, managing the CA section, dealing with ban appeals/player complaints/admin complaints, helping with the general running of the servers, coming in to help players/SAs when they need help, managing vent, and managing these forums.

As I have found, being an AO consumes a lot of your time, and all some of you can do is throw shit at them, when they committ so much to this community?

Shame on you

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3457

Ok, this being my first response, i will be as clear as i can

First, as I already stated, the AOs in charge of my admin complaint made a decision that was hardly objective. In the beginning ‘stages’ of the complaint, Daze said he had no sympathy and said my defense was a “weak excuse.” He clearly had already decided, within himself, that I would be punished despite the reality of what happened; how can a reasonable decision be made when it’s influenced by a personal bias?

What Daze said, is his opinion. He has the right to give his own one. If he wasn't able to do so, he wouldn't have been an AO. Daze his opinion was that you should be punished for what you did. That's fine, he's allowed to have an opinion on his own. But it doesn't mean that his opinion goes for all the other AO's. Every one of us is perfectly capable of making decision and forming opinions on their own.

Continuing, as I said in my complaint again and again, my actions were out of benevolence. I did them after the round was completed where no harm could be done, where my actions could not alter the game-play of the round. I no-clipped into the ship after the explosion, after the round was essentially completed, and after there was any chance of me assisting either side (humans or zombies). None of this was thoroughly addressed by the AOs in my complaint: why? My actions during that escape round made no difference in the ending results besides the finishing title screen of “Humans Win” to Zombies Win.”

If the round was completed, you wouldn't be able to no clip, because you can't move at all when the round ends. Your actions did alter the game-play of the round, because you made a winning situation into a losing situation when you no-clipped yourself in the ship. It is impossible to no-clip yourself AFTER the explosion, because the explosion kills everyone that isn't on the ship.

In conclusion, my second admin strike was unjustly given. The decision was influenced by personal bias, making the decision unjustifiable and questionable. Additionally, other administrators have received little or no punishment even though they committed much worse “crimes” than I did, my primary example being Paul. But unlike Paul, what I did was after the game-play of the round (and with benevolent intent), therefore meaning that I did not affect any game-play (which also means my actions are undeserving of a strike and cannot truly be called “abuse”). Also, like Potshot, my actions were not selfish and were for our fellow players, not for self-entertainment.

The strike you have been given was absolutely fair. The decision has been made based on every AO that gave their input in the AO section. Not because Daze said that he had no sympathy for you. It was given because every AO gave their opinion on the matter and came to the conclusion that we all agreed on issuing a strike.

As for the part of your actions being not selfish, I disagree with you. You not being selfish was to die of the explosion, just like the rest who didn't make it to the ship on time and not no-clip and gain advantage and trying to win the round.

All,

My link to Potshot was not 'the usage of admin powers' versus not using powers. I linked Potshot to my situation because both share a similar source: fun.

I understand that I no-clipped and that Potshot didn't. I compared us because we both did what we did out of the search for fun.

You might did it out of the search for fun, but you only thought about yourself when doing it. Yes, people may have laughed, but i dont think that all of the people who were actually winning were actually laughing about it. What you did, was selfish imho.

Potshot's actions were well-received by many but one person; my actions were well-received by many but one person. How are our situations different in that comparison?

Let me give you the answer to that: Potshot's actions didn't alter the game play in any way. Your actions turned a winning situation for the CT's into a losing one. See the difference?

If the AOs are fair, then their decisions would be from the present facts, not the past. If they're making decisions based on personal bias and opinions of one's past, then we need to stop claiming that our system is really good and start re-evaluating this community's chain-of-command.

The decision was made based on the present facts. You say it's based on personal bias and opinions of one's past, but you don't know what the other AO's had to say about your complaint. Stop putting us all in one box and think that we can't have our own opinions. Every one of us is different. We all base our opinions on what we see. Some might think about what happens in the past, but it's all about the facts that are given in the complaint. We all agreed in our own ways, based on our own opinions, to give you a strike.

So, the fact that i've seen daze do stuff like this on multiple occasions is just fine........and yet a SA doing just a little bit is nothing. I've seen on countless time Daze, making Beth, invincible in Crackhouse, and himself basically speed hacking.

Although i agree with the punishment, Avro is saying that it is unfair and unjust that Just because Daze, Paul, Beth, and any other AOs or BDs can fuck around with Rcon or Mani and not get punished worth a fucking damn. I've seen it enough to where I can say that this is somewhat unjust and completely fucked up. Mind you I do agree with the punishment, He fucked up and received a strike, however "Higher Ups" can fuck up/around all they want half the time and not get shit done to them.

However, different topic, another time.

Every one can be punished for their actions. If you are seeing higher ups do things that aren't allowed, report them, just as the regs report a normal admin for abuse. It's all the same. You are calling it unfair and unjust, but i've never seen you file a complaint against any one of the higher ups. Nothing gets done, because you think it wouldnt matter and just leave it. Fucking post a complaint and provide the freaking evidence instead of just letting it go and start talking smack about is when someone isn't agreeing with how things are done around here.

Ugh....favoritism.......damn the women for being so sweet.....:mad2:

Us being AO's (Beth and me) has nothing to do with favouritism. We earned it fair and square. Don't judge us because we are women...

And to quote our first 2 admin rules:

• Admins can not in anyway use their powers for an advantage in game play (no cheating).
  • If you abuse noclip by cheating or just flying around you will lose the ability in your admin account.

When you applied for admin and got it, you agreed to follow the admin rules. With your actions on the server, you broke the first 2 rules.

I think this says enough.

/rant

• Like 10

Reply to Thread