? servers

? players online

Death of the HGs?

• Content Count:  4123

Well since anyone would be able to get a HG tag just by donating, that would take the meaning of Honorable Gamer away, unless there is a stipulation saying you have to clean record free of bans.

• Content Count:  605

If its going to be changed at all, don't make it any kind of Join Date or post count requirement. Cause personally I played here way back in ZM days but stopped playing CSS for a bit over a year, and I wouldn't feel like I deserve any HG title yet just because of my join date, etc.

Maybe make it for people who have donated any amount ro SG, are active, helpful, and have been around for a while, but choose not to be an admin. I dunno. XD

• Content Count:  3697

What with the new system and all, I'm guessing that there is going to be a drastic drop in the amount of HGs we have. Since former admins can now return, a bunch of HG applications flooding the CA section, and donating $20 guarantees you supporter status for life (albeit a cheapskate method :wink:), I'm assuming there aren't going to be many left within a couple of months.

Perhaps this is time we change the requirements for an 'Honourable Gamer'? I'm going to post a proposal in the CA section for this but as it is quite a switch in titles I'd like to see if the majority of players are cool with it too.

Now that SG is purely a donation-funded community, we can use what little meaning the HG tag had to somewhat of an effect. If an individual manages to donate a certain amount (regardless of time-span), should they be eligible for the HG tag? For example, if someone paid their $20 but then continued to donate out of generosity until eventually they had racked up $100 in donations, they would aquire the HG tag.

The description could be something as follows:

"[sG.Hon] Honourable Gamer

A member of the community who has earned recognition through their continuous donations. These individuals will have the option to wear the «SG.Hon» tag in-game rather than the standard «SG.Sup»"

Ideas? Improvements? Criticisms?

I agree with bonuses regarding donating. Having a new title gives a (small) reason to donate more, and might help a little to receive donations. Good/easy way to show appreciation all the time to constant donors.

Reply to Thread