? servers

? players online

Death of the HGs?

• Content Count:  3299

There are quite alot of people who played on sg since the very beginning but never joined the forums. I personally hated forums previously but theyre actually not so bad now that i found a good one. It should simply players who have been since here for a long time or from the very begining either ingame or on forums. Not something you have to pay for, not something you get from just posting a bunch. Something you actually earn from sticking with sg for so long. Could be done by simply getting a ca+ to simply say that this person has been with us for a long time, i want him to get hg. I for one have cranks when he gave me a reg tag 2-3 years ago.

Edited by ManiacJak

• Content Count:  624

What with the new system and all, I'm guessing that there is going to be a drastic drop in the amount of HGs we have. Since former admins can now return, a bunch of HG applications flooding the CA section, and donating $20 guarantees you supporter status for life (albeit a cheapskate method :wink:), I'm assuming there aren't going to be many left within a couple of months.

Perhaps this is time we change the requirements for an 'Honourable Gamer'? I'm going to post a proposal in the CA section for this but as it is quite a switch in titles I'd like to see if the majority of players are cool with it too.

Now that SG is purely a donation-funded community, we can use what little meaning the HG tag had to somewhat of an effect. If an individual manages to donate a certain amount (regardless of time-span), should they be eligible for the HG tag? For example, if someone paid their $20 but then continued to donate out of generosity until eventually they had racked up $100 in donations, they would aquire the HG tag.

The description could be something as follows:

"[sG.Hon] Honourable Gamer

A member of the community who has earned recognition through their continuous donations. These individuals will have the option to wear the «SG.Hon» tag in-game rather than the standard «SG.Sup»"

Ideas? Improvements? Criticisms?

I agree to this; there will probably be a drastic drop.

• Content Count:  2390

GOD. I miss the days were there were really cool SG.Regs. It inspired me very much.

Anyways, my thoughts for the requirements of HG's:

1. Has over 700 posts

2. Has been here for over a year.

3. At least 5 recived "Thanks"

4. 6 green bars of reputation points.

Lol, the only thing there thats a good requirement is #2.

Posts can be spammed.

People generally only get thanked when they make someone else look like a moron.

Rep is pretty much the exact same thing as "Thanks".

So with your requirements, we would get the good HGs, along with the spammers and assholes, gj :thumb:

Reply to Thread