58 members have voted

1. 1. How did you learn?

• School
    • By yourself
    • Other

How did you learn to type?

• Content Count:  6712

People pay to learn to type? Lol.......

I probably would've learnt to type fast through Runescape, but I'd already been playing Age of Empires online for quite some time aged around 7-12 and the MSN Zone set up meant that it was just a massive chat room with game lobbies....so I learnt quick.

• Content Count:  3391

I have old logs from IRC from about 14-15 years ago and I shake my head in shame at how I acted and typed. Think of the most pathetically annoying YouTube comments and make it real-time chat, that was me. Those logs will never, ever see the light of day. I started using punctuation and proper grammar when I was starting college, before that I typed like most everyone else.

Good times.

Edit: Jesus Christ that makes me feel old.

• Content Count:  2686

Too much time around the computer and now I can type 120WPM in English which isn't even my mother language, also besides that, thanks to Firefox's spell checker I can write without making any mistakes in the spelling, although sometimes my word order might be off. Wish I could do the same in other languages now :/

• Content Count:  1839

i remember in school.. dont remember when, but they had us learn the proper way to type but we only did it a few days. i didnt own a pc at the time. when i finally got a pc, freshman year of high school, i became addicted to the internet and was constantly in chat rooms 24/7. so i dont use the "proper way" or what ever its called. i just kept typing till i no longer had to look at the keyboard. i glance at it from time to time still and my typing is riddled with typos if i go too fast or dont take my time.

question is... is it better to learn to type the "right way"?

yes. you'd make far less mistakes. only time i make typoes is when my fingers get ahead of my brain and i either get a letter misplaced, or, most commonly, hit the spacebar after the first letter of the next word.

Reply to Thread