? servers

? players online

University or Full-Time Job?

• Content Count:  777

You could go study again, cuz you have a jobto fall back at if you finds out that you shouldent havedone it or something, make a deal or something with your boss^^:p

• Content Count:  6804

Question: If I have enough points to get in to a certain University, do I have to take a course that pertains to my qualifications?

Its not how it works. You need points for the course, not the university. Each course will have different amount of points that you need. Obviously though, the better the university then the more likely that the course you want to do will have a higher number of points required.

My course was 240 points needed. But theres some people on my course who didnt even get 240 points, but still got on due to spare places left on the course. So you will need to have a look around different universities.

Also if finacially possible I would reccomend going to a university thats far enough away from home to live at the uni, it adds to the experience alot. I have a friend who drives 1 hour here and 1 hour back to come to uni, it would drive me crazy. I guess its like college if you dont live away from your home and its a great experience and good way of forcing yourself to be independent. However I still dont wash my only clothes lol.

• Content Count:  6712

Also if finacially possible I would reccomend going to a university thats far enough away from home to live at the uni, it adds to the experience alot. I have a friend who drives 1 hour here and 1 hour back to come to uni, it would drive me crazy. I guess its like college if you dont live away from your home and its a great experience and good way of forcing yourself to be independent. However I still dont wash my only clothes lol.

Allow that famz.

He can't go clubbing in Watford with his homeboyz if he moves

Allow that famz.

I guess so, but living away from home is fucking awsome! Except you miss real food.

• Content Count:  6741

Its not how it works. You need points for the course, not the university. Each course will have different amount of points that you need. Obviously though, the better the university then the more likely that the course you want to do will have a higher number of points required.

My course was 240 points needed. But theres some people on my course who didnt even get 240 points, but still got on due to spare places left on the course. So you will need to have a look around different universities.

So I need to be looking at courses from different Universities then?

Allow that famz.

I wouldn't really miss Watford in all honesty.

So I need to be looking at courses from different Universities then?

I wouldn't really miss Watford in all honesty.

Yeah, come to lincoln :d we need one more person so we can stay our current house :d.

Plus its a pretty new uni, the majority of the population is students in and around the uni and town.

lol do it!

The way I did it, was I chose a course and just had a look at how many points I needed for each uni to get on that couse.

What's the difference between Mcomp & BSC Hons?

Dont know what Mcomp is, must be a specific computing qualification.

BSC Hons is bascially your standard university degree.

A bachelor's degree is usually an academic degree awarded for an undergraduate course or major that generally lasts for four years, but can range from two to six years depending on the region of the world. It may also be the name of a "postgraduate" degree,

• Content Count:  6741

I spoke to a friend who did the same college course as me and he said that the NVQ I have is worth 3 A levels and the ADITP is equal to 2 A levels. So in theory I have 600 points? My college said it's not currently recognized and I would need to speak to each Uni individually to see how it works out.

Interesting!

I spoke to a friend who did the same college course as me and he said that the NVQ I have is worth 3 A levels and the ADITP is equal to 2 A levels. So in theory I have 600 points? My college said it's not currently recognized and I would need to speak to each Uni individually to see how it works out.

Interesting!

I dont think you will get 600 points for them tbf.

Thats equivilant to 5 A2 Level Grades. Which is stupidly hard to attain, unless your stupidly smart and disciplined to do work every day.

But who knows it might be worth 600. Even the best of courses/ unis dont ask for more than 420 usually, and there the best around.

Reply to Thread