? servers

? players online

HELP >:(

• Content Count:  4550

Probably not right section but off topic is read more so QQ MOAR

Basically, I bought stalker SOC off steam, just downloaded it and as soon as it loads up it says "OUT OF RANGE". Now, I'm not a complete fucktard at this cause i know that this message means either my resolution is to high or to low or my refresh rate is not enough or something. Checked the refresh rate; was fine. Windows res is 1024x768 and as the for the launch options of stalker, they are also set to 1024x768. I reinstalled my video driver, still didn't work.

FFS someone give me some solutions >:(

• Content Count:  6213

Maybe if you weren't such a noob, it would work :amuse:

On a serious note, Jager helped me with my issue that was the same only it did it when I turned my computer on. He could probably help you out.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  6466

1) Run it at your monitors native resolution.

2) Do not use the 60hz thing, just use Vsync

3) Adjust the graphics settings till your system starts chugging, thats when you've reached the max graphics your system can handle.

4) Set the brightness back to default.. The game uses "Darker Nights" to simulate nights without the moon to guide you. It can get insanely dark unless you have night vision. Going with just a flash light doesn't help much, but it's the same way in real life.

If you can't reach the settings screen:

Just go to your shared documents folder, then go into the stalker SHOC folder.. From there you should see a folder called User.ltx.. Open it in notepad, scroll to the bottom and then change the resolution and change the 60hz thing.. Save it, start stalker and you should be fine.

Or if you don't mind resetting your options, just delete the user.ltx and then restart the game.

• Content Count:  624

Maybe if you weren't such a noob, it would work :amuse:

That's no help.

I've google'd this:

This normally means it's set to launch at a res too big for your monitor to handle, what is your windows desktop res set too? 1440x 900 i assume as thats the native for your monitor. Used to be you can monitor the launch config file to adjust the default launching resolution of games but haven't had to do that in years.

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/336759-s-t-l-k-e-r.html = Forum

This should help: http://www.tweakguides.com/STALKER_7.html

• Content Count:  4550

Pretty basic, but did you try to uninstall it? maybe you did something wrong in the installation?

Took me hours to install. Can't be fucked right now to install it all again. Dunno how I coulda done something wrong. Simply click the game and hit install....

Reply to Thread