? servers

? players online

New Rank Structure - Q&A

• Content Count:  8754

Hi all,

For reference, please see >> This Thread .

Obviously, we are aware that you may have questions about this whole thing. We've worked with our entire higher administration team and have taken in their input when crafting this new structrure, and we are glad to include your input as well.

Please feel free to leave any questions below and any BD+ may answer it!

• Like 8
Edited by Prez

• Content Count:  478

What about returning administrators? Lets say an SA or CA that step down in the past and they decide to come back, would they be put as a regular admin or a senior admin?

Edited by Bad Karma

• Content Count:  2162

What about returning administrators? Lets say an SA or CA that step down in the past and they decide to come back, would they be put as a regular admin or a senior admin?

Believe they said this would be a case by case basis. Meaning if you were a good admin before you stepped down and you didnt “burn any bridges” on your way out, then they would likely give you Senior Admin right away or quicker, but if there was a problem with your being admin in the past or the way that you stepped down/left then you would have to go through being regular admin.

Im not 100% sure this is right, but its what i remember from the meeting.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1028

I have a suggestion:

Something I’ve seen a bunch of other servers have are trial admins / junior admins, kind of as a low risk test to determine if someone is capable of holding more power of an admin or not. This rank is usually limited to kicks, mutes, and short bans (usually up to a day or two), and has no other admin powers. Usually this period lasts from 2 weeks to a month and after that period the higher ups can vote if they should be promoted to a full blown admin, stay as a trial admin for some extra time, or be demoted. I feel like this would fit well with the new system, and also prevents some trolls from going beserk with their powers. This rank would be before regular admin, so there would be 3 admin ranks total.

• Content Count:  5375

Let me preface this with this is just my opinion.

The Server Administrator rank within the new system is a trial period, that's why the powers are so limited for the first six months. I don't think adding another rank below barebones admin is necessary as if we're going to trust them with the powers you mentioned why not just make them a SA?

• Like 8

• Content Count:  1423

The Technical Team will be the same as it is now for the most part, but we will also open it up to Junior TA's, which will essentially be people with limited access who want to help out and learn, but we may not want them to have full access just yet.

Do you need to already have experience to apply for Jr TA or is the rank open for people with no prior experience who would like to learn? I know it says to help out and learn but I wasn't sure if you needed to have at least some experience already

• Like 1

• Content Count:  965

Do you need to already have experience to apply for Jr TA or is the rank open for people with no prior experience who would like to learn? I know it says to help out and learn but I wasn't sure if you needed to have at least some experience already

Same question here, are there any requirements? As well as do you also have to already be an SA+

• Content Count:  1028

Same question here, are there any requirements? As well as do you also have to already be an SA+

I think that Caution said that anyone can apply for these positions regardless of rank, but correct me if I'm wrong

• Content Count:  8754

We had a couple of different ideas/statements about who would be able to apply for these ranks. Let me confirm with the team on which one we're actually going forward with as I know we have said two separate things in the past couple of days.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  11501

I think that Caution said that anyone can apply for these positions regardless of rank, but correct me if I'm wrong

We had a couple of different ideas/statements about who would be able to apply for these ranks. Let me confirm with the team on which one we're actually going forward with as I know we have said two separate things in the past couple of days.

Public, save for Community Advisor.

Reply to Thread