? servers

? players online

What certificates do you have?

• Content Count:  6741

IC3, ADITP, A+, N+, MCDST

I have 2 out of the 4 pre-requisits for MCSA but I really cannot be assed going for it.

It's all good having certificates and all that but the real knowledge it seems comes from first hand experience. I know a shit load of guys with a great Resumé but would be screwed on the front line when something fails. Vica versa, plenty of guys who have no certificates but are the bomb at what they do.

Edited by Daze

• Content Count:  3391

I have 2 out of the 4 pre-requisits for MCSA but I really cannot be assed going for it.

It's all good having certificates and all that but the real knowledge it seems comes from first hand experience. I know a shit load of guys with a great Resumé but would be screwed on the front line when something fails. Vica versa, plenty of guys who have no certificates but are the bomb at what they do.

This is true. I have experience with all of this, but no company will hire me because I don't have a Network+ or CCNA, even though I'm more than capable at managing them. Even if I don't know it, I can still learn it in a day or so. But I think I'm going to get into Penetration Testing for network security.

I want to do the Microsoft certs, but they are expensive and require multiple tests.

• Content Count:  6712

Exactly. This is where I don't like education.......certificates don't really mean anything other than obtaining the ability to make an employer's penis go erect.

My mate slept through GCSE's and got kicked out of college and got into UCL because he's better than anyone else in some IT related shit.

• Content Count:  2596

Penetration Testing

lol

But seriously, I dont have any. ): But its something im considering going into

Edited by Shamwow!

• Content Count:  3725

I have my information Technology certificate and then I have CCNA 1 and 2.

I did A+ for a bit but never completed it.

I should have done the third course of cisco, but never did once I left high school.

• Content Count:  3391

Currently I have my A+ and Net+ certs, this year I'm probably going to go for server+, and maybe security+

If you need help or anything with the Security+, let me know. I'm studying for Network+ now. After that, probably CEH, if I get approval to take the exam. Although, I'm not looking forward to a 4 hour test.

Reply to Thread