? servers

? players online

Fuck our healthcare system

• Content Count:  3391

What an absolute fantastic way to spend a lunch break, on the phone with the hospital and insurance companies trying to find out why the fuck they are denying my claim. I was in the hospital last year and the bill is just over $5,000. I had 2 insurance companies at the time (individual plan and an employer plan). Both are denying it because it falls under 'mental health' coverage. I was in the ER + 3 day stay for drug overdose (attempted suicide ftl). Regardless of WHY I was in the hospital, they should cover it.

This is utter bullshit and I absolutely refuse to pay this bill off in my life time. Now, instead of making myself a lunch I have to drive through McDonalds on the way back to work because I'm out of time.

Fuck this shit. Fuck insurance companies. Fuck the hypocrisy of the politicians and medical professionals. Yeah, I got myself into this shit, but one would think that insurance would INSURE an individual. :mad2:

I'm going to be raging so fucking hard when I get off work tonight.

* TheVirus looks for another bottle of Vodka

• Content Count:  6559

I don't think intentional self-inflicted injuries are covered/should be covered.

If they do that then the rest of us who don't try to hurt ourselves end up paying even more for our insurance to cover those that do harm themselves.

Honestly why SHOULD they cover injuries people inflict on themselves?

That's like me driving my car into a tree because I don't want it anymore and want an insurance payoff for a new car and passing the cost off to other responsible drivers.

This is not meant as a personal affront to you but rather a straight forward logical answer to your post.

I don't know how much more concise and simple I can make this. As you said yourself "I got myself into this shit".

• Content Count:  3440

I don't think intentional self-inflicted injuries are covered/should be covered.

If they do that then the rest of us who don't try to hurt ourselves end up paying even more for our insurance to cover those that do harm themselves.

That's like me driving my car into a tree because I don't want it anymore and want an insurance payoff for a new car and passing the cost off to other responsible drivers.

This is not meant as a personal affront to you but rather a straight forward logical answer to your post.

I don't know how much more concise and simple I can make this. As you said yourself "I got myself into this shit".

I think Red put this more tactfully than I would have. Accidental injury is one thing.. but self inflicted injuries should be your own responsibility. I don't see this as a flaw in our current healthcare system or on the part of the insurance company.

This isn't a slam on you at all but I don't think that it should be covered.

• Content Count:  4473

What an absolute fantastic way to spend a lunch break, on the phone with the hospital and insurance companies trying to find out why the fuck they are denying my claim. I was in the hospital last year and the bill is just over $5,000. I had 2 insurance companies at the time (individual plan and an employer plan). Both are denying it because it falls under 'mental health' coverage. I was in the ER + 3 day stay for drug overdose (attempted suicide ftl). Regardless of WHY I was in the hospital, they should cover it.

This is utter bullshit and I absolutely refuse to pay this bill off in my life time. Now, instead of making myself a lunch I have to drive through McDonalds on the way back to work because I'm out of time.

Fuck this shit. Fuck insurance companies. Fuck the hypocrisy of the politicians and medical professionals. Yeah, I got myself into this shit, but one would think that insurance would INSURE an individual. :mad2:

:violin:

What Red said.

• Content Count:  3391

The ER visit, sure, but the 3 day stay in the hospital after should be covered. I couldn't care less about the ER bill, that's a few hundred at most. The bill is for being forced to stay there for 72 hours. I'm not going to debate what I did or why I did it.

Edit: Actually, I will, so you don't think I'm crazier than I already am. I had landed my dream job at a game studio. I was on cloud nine. I moved away from my family, fiance, and pet for this job. 6 weeks later I was let go because 'I wasn't performing like a rockstar'. This was news to me since I had daily meetings with my boss to make sure I was on track and doing what was needed to be done. He said I was doing great and that things were fine, so this came as quite a shock to me. I went to college for 5 years, graduate school for another 2, was jobless for 8 months until I landed this. Also, since I was feeling so great, I was taking myself off my anti-depression drugs (not a great idea).

I just needed to vent. I am so furious about this whole situation. Also, I didn't take nearly enough drugs to kill myself. Realistically, I just wanted to pass the fuck out and not have to deal with the shit for the rest of the day.

Edited by TheVirus
Angst

• Content Count:  4685

Red said it much nicer then what you should get.

• Content Count:  2936

First: Your assertion regarding the purpose of insurance is wrong. Insurance is not to insure you against yourself, but against a fortuitous event that may naturally occur, such as getting sick. Most, if not every insurance company and contract carry a suicide invalidation clause, making it null, void, or ineffective and nonpaying when an insured individual commits self injurious acts. Its a policy issue, to prevent dipshits and their dipshit families from profiting from one of them taking one for the team to get rid off all their debt, or let them live it up in walmart splendor after they give daddy a $29.99 funeral special.

Second: On behalf of "this shit", insurance companies, politicians, medical professionals, and well, the rest of us that have to cover the cost of people like you; fuck you. Medical professionals are not doing their jobs for shits and giggles, and contrary to what you may believe, ANY healthcare reform, be it single payer or otherwise will NOT, I repeat, will NOT cover "suicide insurance" so you can An-hero your way into profitability.

Your "claim" is listed as "mental health" because they don't want to call it "suburban pussy who tried to off himself with midol" or "wtf waste of education and time". Once euphemisms are out of the way, it's much easier to explain the situation: You got pissy, and decided to pretend you were pacman and eat all the magic pills. That should not be covered... it should come with a criminal penalty.

Third: Don't pay the bill, go bankrupt it and let the rest of us pay it, they'll just mark it off as bad debt... and in seven years, you are scott free, just do me a favor, and next time, don't be a pussy and use a 45 Auto, and keep the barrel in near your eye cavity so you CANT fuck it up, because I'd rather not pay for another bill because you get your panties in a twist.

And

The ER visit, sure, but the 3 day stay in the hospital after should be covered. I couldn't care less about the ER bill, that's a few hundred at most. The bill is for being forced to stay there for 72 hours. I'm not going to debate what I did or why I did it.

Edit: Actually, I will, so you don't think I'm crazier than I already am. I had landed my dream job at a game studio. I was on cloud nine. I moved away from my family, fiance, and pet for this job. 6 weeks later I was let go because 'I wasn't performing like a rockstar'. This was news to me since I had daily meetings with my boss to make sure I was on track and doing what was needed to be done. He said I was doing great and that things were fine, so this came as quite a shock to me. I went to college for 5 years, graduate school for another 2, was jobless for 8 months until I landed this. Also, since I was feeling so great, I was taking myself off my anti-depression drugs (not a great idea).

I just needed to vent. I am so furious about this whole situation. Also, I didn't take nearly enough drugs to kill myself. Realistically, I just wanted to pass the fuck out and not have to deal with the shit for the rest of the day.[/color]

Your fault entirely for choosing to self diagnose and remove yourself from your antidepressants and psychotropic meds. The insurance company and its doctors can only instruct you what to do and provide you with the means to do it, they cannot force you.... It was your conscious action and choice to NOT take your meds that were prescribed to you to keep you from doing exactly what you did.

As for the school comments, cry me a river, there are a lot of people who actually finished undergraduate on time (4 years, what what...) and got professional degrees (not bullshit mental masturbation, random subject grad school) who would run over their dear granny for a job with insurance and a paycheck, even if its not ideal....

Lastly and as forcefully as possible:

Just STFU, you HAVE a job, (Your comment about drive thru at McDonald's and going back to work denotes it), so stop bitching about not having one that is ideal. The fact is you didn't get to keep your dream job because you are an overbearing, oversensitive prick in the workplace according to your own admission... your boss was just too nice to tell you so, "rockstar"..... There are lots of us that have NO jobs, are looking and some of us who are jobless and can't even afford a big mac, so don't come cry about you losing a rather minor portion of your successes to this point when you are still on your feet... for fucks sake, you even have health insurance, TWO forms.... AND a job, AND Family, AND a fiance, AND a pet... you have NO real reason to bitch. I'm gonna say this as nicely as possible because you really need to hear it: Stop being a pussy and man up, you are not doing that badly.

Do us all a favor, next time you decide to try and kill yourself at least make a will out to transfer the policies to people who could benefit from them.

With all due respect... none.

Don't look too hard for vodka... go look in the mirror and try to figure out when you grew such a gaping vag.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  4685

First: Your assertion regarding the purpose of insurance is wrong. Insurance is not to insure you against yourself, but against a fortuitous event that may naturally occur, such as getting sick. Most, if not every insurance company and contract carry a suicide invalidation clause, making it null, void, or ineffective and nonpaying when an insured individual commits self injurious acts. Its a policy issue, to prevent dipshits and their dipshit families from profiting from one of them taking one for the team to get rid off all their debt, or let them live it up in walmart splendor after they give daddy a $29.99 funeral special.

Second: On behalf of "this shit", insurance companies, politicians, medical professionals, and well, the rest of us that have to cover the cost of people like you; fuck you. Medical professionals are not doing their jobs for shits and giggles, and contrary to what you may believe, ANY healthcare reform, be it single payer or otherwise will NOT, I repeat, will NOT cover "suicide insurance" so you can An-hero your way into profitability.

Your "claim" is listed as "mental health" because they don't want to call it "suburban pussy who tried to off himself with midol" or "wtf waste of education and time". Once euphemisms are out of the way, it's much easier to explain the situation: You got pissy, and decided to pretend you were pacman and eat all the magic pills. That should not be covered... it should come with a criminal penalty.

Third: Don't pay the bill, go bankrupt it and let the rest of us pay it, they'll just mark it off as bad debt... and in seven years, you are scott free, just do me a favor, and next time, don't be a pussy and use a 45 Auto, and keep the barrel in near your eye cavity so you CANT fuck it up, because I'd rather not pay for another bill because you get your panties in a twist.

And

Your fault entirely for choosing to self diagnose and remove yourself from your antidepressants and psychotropic meds. The insurance company and its doctors can only instruct you what to do and provide you with the means to do it, they cannot force you.... It was your conscious action and choice to NOT take your meds that were prescribed to you to keep you from doing exactly what you did.

As for the school comments, cry me a river, there are a lot of people who actually finished undergraduate on time (4 years, what what...) and got professional degrees (not bullshit mental masturbation, random subject grad school) who would run over their dear granny for a job with insurance and a paycheck, even if its not ideal....

Lastly and as forcefully as possible:

Just STFU, you HAVE a job, (Your comment about drive thru at McDonald's and going back to work denotes it), so stop bitching about not having one that is ideal. The fact is you didn't get to keep your dream job because you are an overbearing, oversensitive prick in the workplace according to your own admission... your boss was just too nice to tell you so, "rockstar"..... There are lots of us that have NO jobs, are looking and some of us who are jobless and can't even afford a big mac, so don't come cry about you losing a rather minor portion of your successes to this point when you are still on your feet... for fucks sake, you even have health insurance, TWO forms.... AND a job, AND Family, AND a fiance, AND a pet... you have NO real reason to bitch. I'm gonna say this as nicely as possible because you really need to hear it: Stop being a pussy and man up, you are not doing that badly.

Do us all a favor, next time you decide to try and kill yourself at least make a will out to transfer the policies to people who could benefit from them.

With all due respect... none.

Don't look too hard for vodka... go look in the mirror and try to figure out when you grew such a gaping vag.

Reply to Thread