? servers

? players online

Fuck our healthcare system

• Content Count:  3391

First: Your assertion regarding the purpose of insurance is wrong. Insurance is not to insure you against yourself, but against a fortuitous event that may naturally occur, such as getting sick. Most, if not every insurance company and contract carry a suicide invalidation clause, making it null, void, or ineffective and nonpaying when an insured individual commits self injurious acts. Its a policy issue, to prevent dipshits and their dipshit families from profiting from one of them taking one for the team to get rid off all their debt, or let them live it up in walmart splendor after they give daddy a $29.99 funeral special.

Second: On behalf of "this shit", insurance companies, politicians, medical professionals, and well, the rest of us that have to cover the cost of people like you; fuck you. Medical professionals are not doing their jobs for shits and giggles, and contrary to what you may believe, ANY healthcare reform, be it single payer or otherwise will NOT, I repeat, will NOT cover "suicide insurance" so you can An-hero your way into profitability.

Your "claim" is listed as "mental health" because they don't want to call it "suburban pussy who tried to off himself with midol" or "wtf waste of education and time". Once euphemisms are out of the way, it's much easier to explain the situation: You got pissy, and decided to pretend you were pacman and eat all the magic pills. That should not be covered... it should come with a criminal penalty.

Third: Don't pay the bill, go bankrupt it and let the rest of us pay it, they'll just mark it off as bad debt... and in seven years, you are scott free, just do me a favor, and next time, don't be a pussy and use a 45 Auto, and keep the barrel in near your eye cavity so you CANT fuck it up, because I'd rather not pay for another bill because you get your panties in a twist.

And

Your fault entirely for choosing to self diagnose and remove yourself from your antidepressants and psychotropic meds. The insurance company and its doctors can only instruct you what to do and provide you with the means to do it, they cannot force you.... It was your conscious action and choice to NOT take your meds that were prescribed to you to keep you from doing exactly what you did.

As for the school comments, cry me a river, there are a lot of people who actually finished undergraduate on time (4 years, what what...) and got professional degrees (not bullshit mental masturbation, random subject grad school) who would run over their dear granny for a job with insurance and a paycheck, even if its not ideal....

Lastly and as forcefully as possible:

Just STFU, you HAVE a job, (Your comment about drive thru at McDonald's and going back to work denotes it), so stop bitching about not having one that is ideal. The fact is you didn't get to keep your dream job because you are an overbearing, oversensitive prick in the workplace according to your own admission... your boss was just too nice to tell you so, "rockstar"..... There are lots of us that have NO jobs, are looking and some of us who are jobless and can't even afford a big mac, so don't come cry about you losing a rather minor portion of your successes to this point when you are still on your feet... for fucks sake, you even have health insurance, TWO forms.... AND a job, AND Family, AND a fiance, AND a pet... you have NO real reason to bitch. I'm gonna say this as nicely as possible because you really need to hear it: Stop being a pussy and man up, you are not doing that badly.

Do us all a favor, next time you decide to try and kill yourself at least make a will out to transfer the policies to people who could benefit from them.

With all due respect... none.

Don't look too hard for vodka... go look in the mirror and try to figure out when you grew such a gaping vag.

I came here to rant, not look for pity, but thank you for the kind words. I can say the whole 'You don't know what it was like, man,' but that's not the point of the thread. I feel I was mistreated and mislead. And nice one on wishing death to someone, and yet you lecture me on morality. Pot, meet kettle.

My family, fiance, and pet are still 1700 miles away. Myself nor my family had the funds to move be back home. We spent all we had on this one shot and were mislead by the game studio. After the incident, I found out that the position is basically, "Take a bunch of resumes, find the best candidate and hire them for 6 weeks." None of that was known to me when I was offered the position, had I known that I would have rejected the offer.

I'm not thankful for the job I have now. My boss has me in a contract until March 2010. He helped pay off a student loan but made me sign a contract for a year. Since then, I've been working about 80+ hours a week, plus weekends, and make just over $30,000/year. Now, my boss knows about the medical bill (not the circumstances behind it) and offered to help pay it off as part of my 'bonus', but I don't want to go that route as I feel there will be more strings attached.

I can move back home and get paid at least 1.5x as much as I make here and work a normal work week. I suppose I'm more upset about all of this financial shit hitting me all at once.

1. Student loans

2. Rent increase

3. Utilities increase

4. Other student loans

5. Medical bills.

6. Dad had heart surgery and nearly went bankrupt a few years ago

7. Dad just had eye surgery

8. Dad isn't making much money anymore.

9. Mom got a pay cut and works less hours now.

I make under $1900 a month and need to make another $1000 just to break even. Sure, my boss is willing to help out, but it's ruining my relationship with my fiance and family, as well as my personal life. He knows I have no one up here aside from myself, so he uses that to his advantage and overworks me. I can't do shit about it because if I leave, I have to pay back the loan.

tl;dr: QQ

• Content Count:  2936

I came here to rant, not look for pity, but thank you for the kind words. I can say the whole 'You don't know what it was like, man,' but that's not the point of the thread. I feel I was mistreated and mislead. And nice one on wishing death to someone, and yet you lecture me on morality. Pot, meet kettle.

My family, fiance, and pet are still 1700 miles away. Myself nor my family had the funds to move be back home. We spent all we had on this one shot and were mislead by the game studio. After the incident, I found out that the position is basically, "Take a bunch of resumes, find the best candidate and hire them for 6 weeks." None of that was known to me when I was offered the position, had I known that I would have rejected the offer.

I'm not thankful for the job I have now. My boss has me in a contract until March 2010. He helped pay off a student loan but made me sign a contract for a year. Since then, I've been working about 80+ hours a week, plus weekends, and make just over $30,000/year. Now, my boss knows about the medical bill (not the circumstances behind it) and offered to help pay it off as part of my 'bonus', but I don't want to go that route as I feel there will be more strings attached.

I can move back home and get paid at least 1.5x as much as I make here and work a normal work week. I suppose I'm more upset about all of this financial shit hitting me all at once.

1. Student loans

2. Rent increase

3. Utilities increase

4. Other student loans

5. Medical bills.

6. Dad had heart surgery and nearly went bankrupt a few years ago

7. Dad just had eye surgery

8. Dad isn't making much money anymore.

9. Mom got a pay cut and works less hours now.

I make under $1900 a month and need to make another $1000 just to break even. Sure, my boss is willing to help out, but it's ruining my relationship with my fiance and family, as well as my personal life. He knows I have no one up here aside from myself, so he uses that to his advantage and overworks me. I can't do shit about it because if I leave, I have to pay back the loan.

tl;dr: QQ

Same bills: Income 0. Cry me a river.

Reality check:

BTW, 80 hours are good. Its called experience. Be thankful you got hired.

A yearly contract means he CANT FIRE YOU FOR A YEAR WITHOUT EXPOSING HIMSELF TO LIABILITY. Also a plus.

Paying off a student loan is good. Stop bitching and man up. You can refinance loans if you really had spine and wanted to.

Mom and Dad should not be supporting you at 5 years undergrad and 2 year grad school. The fact you mentioned their income is despicable. You are educated and are employed, stop paying for admin, stop pissing money away on internet and work online in cafes, stop paying for cable, there are hundreds of ways to save money. You like splendor though apparently.

Where I live, rent and utilities increase every year by 50-100 dollars minimum. When I lived in DC it was minimum 6-19% more because of rent control... wrong tree to bark up pillboy.

• Content Count:  916

What an absolute fantastic way to spend a lunch break, on the phone with the hospital and insurance companies trying to find out why the fuck they are denying my claim. I was in the hospital last year and the bill is just over $5,000. I had 2 insurance companies at the time (individual plan and an employer plan). Both are denying it because it falls under 'mental health' coverage. I was in the ER + 3 day stay for drug overdose (attempted suicide ftl). Regardless of WHY I was in the hospital, they should cover it.

This is utter bullshit and I absolutely refuse to pay this bill off in my life time. Now, instead of making myself a lunch I have to drive through McDonalds on the way back to work because I'm out of time.

Fuck this shit. Fuck insurance companies. Fuck the hypocrisy of the politicians and medical professionals. Yeah, I got myself into this shit, but one would think that insurance would INSURE an individual. :mad2:

I'm going to be raging so fucking hard when I get off work tonight.

* TheVirus looks for another bottle of Vodka

one thing to say. DATS SOME FUCKIN BULLSHIT

Oh and legalsmash i feel like giving u a damn hard facepalm..

Edited by DontDrunkImShoot

If you need money that bad then why are you paying for admin?!

That's something I'm thinking about, but I have other expenses that I can cut out to save more. I find SG's entertainment worth it.

Same bills: Income 0. Cry me a river.

Reality check:

BTW, 80 hours are good. Its called experience. Be thankful you got hired.

Sorry, about your luck. Working 80 hours a week is not experience, it's disrespecting and abusing an employee. What I do in those hours can be done in normal work days, but he just wants everything rushed. I'm always the one he goes to if a server dies, because I always say 'Yes'. He knows I have no other plans, so if I tell him 'No', he'll take offense.

I'd confront him about making me work overtime, as it's stated in the contract that I'd work from 8-5 and sometimes 6 (currently working 7am to 8pm more or less), but there's not much I can do when he holds my loan over my head he's paid off. Once that yearly contract is up, all bets are off and I'm demanding a hell of a lot more or leaving.

A yearly contract means he CANT FIRE YOU FOR A YEAR WITHOUT EXPOSING HIMSELF TO LIABILITY. Also a plus.

Wrong. It was a separate contract I signed after getting hired. But way to make assumptions. Also, employers can fire any employee for any reason, it's usually stipulated in a contract, so I don't know where you get that idea from.

Paying off a student loan is good. Stop bitching and man up. You can refinance loans if you really had spine and wanted to.

I am trying to, but thanks again for making assumptions. You're quickly making yourself out to be a complete tool that tries to know a lot but in reality knows very little.

Mom and Dad should not be supporting you at 5 years undergrad and 2 year grad school. The fact you mentioned their income is despicable. You are educated and are employed, stop paying for admin, stop pissing money away on internet and work online in cafes, stop paying for cable, there are hundreds of ways to save money. You like splendor though apparently.

Oh, so you must know that every job I have ever worked at, the paycheck went straight to my dad to help cover bills. You must also know that I worked for my dad for a year for free. So, you must also know that had no savings or income to pay for school. Jesus christ, man, what crawled up your cock and died today?

Where I live, rent and utilities increase every year by 50-100 dollars minimum. When I lived in DC it was minimum 6-19% more because of rent control... wrong tree to bark up pillboy.

Cool story, bro. I live outside of DC. So, instead of offering any sort of insightful criticism or comment, you result to throwing out insults. Way to be a man. It must make you real proud to know that you've never done anything wrong or anything that you've regretted in your life. I'm sure there are no skeletons in your closet, Mr. Perfect.

Reply to Thread