? servers

? players online

Fuck our healthcare system

• Content Count:  3697

IJ: I do know how to read quite well, I just don't care to read pages of words in a single post online. I don't even like reading that much in English class, yet sometimes it's necessary. In this case, it isn't.

No, just because I enjoyed his post. You read my posts anyways and take time to responded, and you read the threads, so chalk it up to entertainment and enjoy yourself, "asshat". Which happens to be an insult and against the forum rules for flaming.

If calling you an asshat is against forum rules, surely encouraging and directly telling someone to commit suicide is also.

Learn the difference between direct insults and seasoned statements that decry particular behavior, like the behavior this whole thread is the result of.

So put your medieval renaissance fair outfit in the closet along with your buttplug of righteous defending, no one here needs white knighting. Unless you are trying to get into virus' pants....

Are you trying to get into his pants?

Thanks IJ. He sums it up rather curtly... I'll do one better:

Learn to fucking read something more complicated than the twilight book you are jacking off to.

Actually something from you that made me laugh. Believe it or not I'm not a fag, I've never read Twilight, or seen the movie, and I have no plans to ever see or read either. Slight plus respect points for bashing the book though.

• Content Count:  3391

I'm going to chime in here. Not to comment on your life situation, but rather on how businesses are run and where their money goes. Too often I see people complaining that they get paid 'x' dollars while their company is making '2 to 3x' off of their billed time. What gives? Shouldn't the employer be able to pay the employee more because of this? Are companies being greedy and bathing in the money you earned them while laughing and eating caviar? Probably not.

Ever heard of payroll taxes? Pretty much employers have to have the equivalent of ½ of what YOU pay for your social security and medicare tax, and in some states they also are required to pay additional money for your income tax (state, city, county). Depends on where you live.

It adds up.

Then we get into benefits. Does your company have insurance benefits for their employees? Insurance for employees, even if it’s only partially covered, bends a company over and not-so-gently rapes them in the keester. There’s more money subtracted from the bottom line.

Overhead costs, general and administrative costs, combined with anything else the company does for you (i.e. paying off your medical debt, pretty nice and extremely rare, BTW), and we’ve reached a pretty substantial cost the company needs to be able to pay for, in addition to paying your salary.

Again, it adds up.

Sure, the company founder is probably getting paid a hefty amount more than you are, but why shouldn’t he? It’s his fucking company. He took the risk to start it – not you. He should be compensated more than his underlings.

Just my two pennies. Wanted to comment from the business side of things.

The company saves so much money by doing some seriously shady shit (illegal software, reusing CD keys/licenses, no tax ID in other states, etc) that it can easily make up for any and all of that. I'd understand this if the company actually spent money on things we and they need, but they don't.

Edit: Oh, yeah, we just got insurance and a shit IRA last year. It's the absolute cheapest policy they could get and I'm pretty sure they don't pay more than $100/month per employee for insurance. Our salaries are so fucking low that their IRA matching is negligible in the long run.

Edited by TheVirus

• Content Count:  3440

The company saves so much money by doing some seriously shady shit (illegal software, reusing CD keys/licenses, no tax ID in other states, etc) that it can easily make up for any and all of that. I'd understand this if the company actually spent money on things we and they need, but they don't.

Edit: Oh, yeah, we just got insurance and a shit IRA last year. It's the absolute cheapest policy they could get and I'm pretty sure they don't pay more than $100/month per employee for insurance. Our salaries are so fucking low that their IRA matching is negligible in the long run.

We were audited a few years ago by the BSA. We unlike a lot of organizations out there pay for all software we install (The fines for not paying are horrendous) Pretty sure if the company goes bankrupt you won't need to worry about a contract nor how much they pay anymore. Here's a quick solution for you.. turn them in for piracy.. that is if you haven't had any hand in it.

Here's the BSA's info.. https://reporting.bsa.org/usa/home.aspx?pr=1&CMP=KNC-google&HBX_OU=

We were audited a few years ago by the BSA. We unlike a lot of organizations out there pay for all software we install (The fines for not paying are horrendous) Pretty sure if the company goes bankrupt you won't need to worry about a contract nor how much they pay anymore. Here's a quick solution for you.. turn them in for piracy.. that is if you haven't had any hand in it.

Here's the BSA's info.. https://reporting.bsa.org/usa/home.aspx?pr=1&CMP=KNC-google&HBX_OU=

Oh, it's on the agenda should they treat me wrong. We're using an enterprise backup solution, that's for one machine, on over 80 servers. That's only one example. Not paying for that software probably saved them over $150,000.

Ninja Edit: I just found that out today, too.

Edited by TheVirus

• Content Count:  3697

Oh, it's on the agenda should they treat me wrong. We're using an enterprise backup solution, that's for one machine, on over 80 servers. That's only one example. Not paying for that software probably saved them over $150,000.

Ninja Edit: I just found that out today, too.

Lmao, if you do this, tell us how it goes :)

• Content Count:  3380

No, just because I enjoyed his post. You read my posts anyways and take time to responded, and you read the threads, so chalk it up to entertainment and enjoy yourself, "asshat". Which happens to be an insult and against the forum rules for flaming.

Learn the difference between direct insults and seasoned statements that decry particular behavior, like the behavior this whole thread is the result of.

So put your medieval renaissance fair outfit in the closet along with your buttplug of righteous defending, no one here needs white knighting. Unless you are trying to get into virus' pants....

Are you trying to get into his pants?

Thanks IJ. He sums it up rather curtly... I'll do one better:

Learn to fucking read something more complicated than the twilight book you are jacking off to.

If you think that a joke about twilight and an insult about him being homosexual and wanting to get in Virus's pants is a "seasoned statement" then maybe YOU need to learn the difference between direct insult and "seasoned statement."

Thought I'd give an update on this situation. For the past few months I've been in a pretty bad mood that escalated last night, but that's a different story for a different time. I've been fighting this bill since before I made the thread and tried to get the doctor to cooperate. He filed the visit as a non-emergency so my insurance wouldn't cover it. We, myself and my insurance agent, tried contacting the doctor and never spoke to him. We always got his secretary and she assured us that he would pull the file and resubmit it as an emergency so the insurance companies would cover it.

Turns out the doctor never pulled the files nor did he change anything. Earlier this year, I wrote a letter to the doctor stating that if he does not cooperate that I will seek legal action. I never heard anything. We called his secretary and she basically told us it's in the hospital's hands and not the doctor who made the diagnosis. Guess what the hospital said? The exact opposite.

I ended up getting a copy of my medical records, bills, letters, Explanation of Benefits from my insurance carriers and sent them to the attorney general in my state. I received a letter from someone at the AG stating that they were working on the case. I tried calling them and vice versa and got no where. A few weeks later, the case was picked up by another person at the AG and she gave me some terrible news that set me off. She said the doctor did submit the paperwork properly and that there is nothing that could be done. I told her, since I wasn't too knowledgeable on the case in terms of insurance carriers, that I would have my agent call her.

Weeks went by and I heard nothing. I figured the worse, that I would foot the bill, probably because the doctor lied (the paperwork clearly states it was a non-emergency). My insurance guy left her a message and spoke in detail about what was to be expected. This morning I received a call from the AG lady working on my case that the bill has been dropped. The doctor and hospital did not follow protocol in submitting it to insurance and knew they messed up and tried to hide it. The entire bill is being written off and I'm unsure what is going to happen to the doctor, hopefully he gets his shit together.

TL;DR: I had sex with my grandmother a few months ago and apparently she's pregnant.

• Content Count:  6712

Got rid of the bill so good for you......but from a general view I don't think that attempted suicide should be paid out.

Insurance companies don't appreciate it when you purposefully make them pay out. They insure you for when something you don't want to happen....happens....if you're trying to commit suicide it's just fail that you'd expect others to pay the cost for it.

• Content Count:  5086

Got rid of the bill so good for you......but from a general view I don't think that attempted suicide should be paid out.

Insurance companies don't appreciate it when you purposefully make them pay out. They insure you for when something you don't want to happen....happens....if you're trying to commit suicide it's just fail that you'd expect others to pay the cost for it.

Seriously.. I'm agreeing with Lux? What's going on?

I mean really, good thing it's worked out but they shouldn't of had to pay for your attempted suicide.

Reply to Thread