? servers

? players online

Buffer Net Overflow.

• Content Count:  3380

So I bought Hitman Blood Money, and ever since then ma CS:S been lagging horribly, I'd go in a server and the framerate would be choppy as shit then I'd Buffer Overflow out of the server. So, I deleted Hitman, and the lag is gone. BUT, I just went into SG Prison Break, NO lag but within a minute, Buffer Overflow kick. Help?

• Content Count:  1521

The cause was a bug in one of the mods they used that would cause lagging during spawning at the start of the round if people were talking on the mic.

It's a server-side problem. Not much you can do.

I Got that from the internet.

I looked at a few different pages and they all seemed to be that ppl were using the mic at the beg. of the round and lagging the server.

• Content Count:  1521

It happens to me EVERY server. I cant play anything without either lagging like crazy or just getting kicked for buffer overflow. Someone help.

Hmm.

Try this .

As soon as you get onto a server ,

Go To the menu>player list>Mute everyone Quickly .

So maybe , you wont get lagged out.

Try that . .

• Content Count:  868

I had that problem happen when too many people talk on the mic at the same time and for some inexplicable reason typing 'rate 25000' into the console fixed it for me. Can't really do any harm to try.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  220

Hmm.

Try this .

As soon as you get onto a server ,

Go To the menu>player list>Mute everyone Quickly .

So maybe , you wont get lagged out.

Try that . .

or you can just disable mic talking on css BEFORE you go onto a server xP

but yeah i had the same problem before. I reinstalled CSS and it worked fine :) But if you really dont want to be kicked (something im guessing you dont) just disable ingame talking and you wont get the buffer overflow ;) it gets REALLY quiet though :(

• Content Count:  868

Problem's been solved already. 'rate 25000' fixed it. Keep that in mind if it starts happening to you guys. I had an instance where rate for some magical reason wasn't that high as it had been previously and I was getting kicked off as well until I Googled it.

Reply to Thread