? servers

? players online

hV needs words of wisdom...

• Content Count:  6741

I though University was near free over there if you stay public?

Ask your parents for help...ask your government for help!

Hell no, each year is something like £3500 I think. Not including all the student loans you need for food etc.

• Content Count:  930

I though University was near free over there if you stay public?

Ask your parents for help...ask your government for help!

It's not "free" so to speak. You get student support which pays your tuition and (if you're a poor ass bitch like me) get a complimentary bursary on top of that. BUT you have to pay back your tuition fees after University through tax or whatever (I'm not too keen on the whole tax thing) but apparently it's very little per year anyway.

My parents? My dad is supporting me but he lives in Aus. and has to send money monthly... My mum is kicking my ass out onto the streets on my 18th because I don't wash the dishes!

• Content Count:  1662

if you are a scottish resident and go to a university in scotland the Tuition Fee is paid for. but accomadation and living costs you have to pay for your self. there are maintainace loans that you dont have to start to pay back untill you earn over £12k pa. they usually are in the region of £3k pa. and you can get a bersury of an extra 2k pa that you dont have to pay back but it depends on the income of your parents/ or other factors.

all in all, get a job and save like mad

• Like 1

• Content Count:  930

So you've been accepted to Uni definitely in.....January??? Don't you still have A level exams to finish...or did you finish early :confused:

Yes I have, course starts in September. And I've sat my A levels, last year, I got AAABD.

Offers are given in this time to most applicants, we use the system UCAS which is really useful.

• Content Count:  931

Yes I have, course starts in September. And I've sat my A levels, last year, I got AAABD.

Offers are given in this time to most applicants, we use the system UCAS which is really useful.

Most use UCAS don't they? Ours does.

• Content Count:  6712

Lol everyone uses UCAS.....it's just that usually people do there AS levels in the first year, then in the second year October-January apply for University, get a conditional based on grades and then do your A levels in the summer, and start Uni September.

Of course if that applied to you, you wouldn't be able to leave school now as you'd still have A level exams.

• Content Count:  607

We don't get diplomas.

Just a heads up, this is a UK thing school-wise, so it'll be different I guess.

Employers really look for qualifications you leave school with, what you've done outside school and who you are... I don't need any more qualifications because I'm already accepted to my University of choice.

One from Strathclyde University, two from Glasgow University (my main choice).

hV lol americans dont understand how our british schools work ^^

Reply to Thread