? servers

? players online

Is this legit?

• Content Count:  6741

So I'm selling a laptop on Ebay which I put on this morning and I get an email from someone in American asking to buy it outright for £330 including P+P (I sold one yesterday for £235 so this is a big increase).

Here's the message chain:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear ----------

hello,
thanks for the mail, i will like you to know that am buying the item for my daughter in africa.so pls get back to me with your paypal e-mail address for me to make out the payment.

thanks.

- -----------------
Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.
s.gif

To:-----------------

Subject: Re: ------------ has sent a question about item #130865, ending on Jan-30-10 05:05:06 PST --

Sent Date: Jan-25-10 08:40:45 PST

Dear -,

Hi.

I am willing to accept this offer.

Where do we go from here?

- -

To: -

Subject: - has sent a question about item #1303865, ending on 30-Jan-10 13:05:06 GMT-

Sent Date: 25-Jan-10 14:10:10 GMT

Dear -

£330 for this item including postage,so pls get back to me if you accept my offer.

----------------------------------------END-------------------------------------------

Seems way dodgy if you ask me... Opinions?

• Content Count:  2417

He could just be using the "daughter in Africa" as an excuse for you to take the laptop off and just sell it to him. If he gives you a legit shipping address and offers to pay first, then send it.

• Content Count:  6741

Alright well I'm not stupid enough to do anything outside of Paypal. At least I have seller protection right? If he pays, and he cancells it a few days later, does he get his money back? I'm worried that's what's gonna happen and by time I realize it's gonna be somewhere in Ghana lol

• Content Count:  528

Alright well I'm not stupid enough to do anything outside of Paypal. At least I have seller protection right? If he pays, and he cancells it a few days later, does he get his money back? I'm worried that's what's gonna happen and by time I realize it's gonna be somewhere in Ghana lol

When he cancels payment it does not autimaticly deduct from ur account a message will be sent to ur paypal account saying this costumer wants his money back and you have to accept it or else nothing happens

• Like 1

Reply to Thread