? servers

? players online

Is this legit?

• Content Count:  6741

When he cancels payment it does not autimaticly deduct from ur account a message will be sent to ur paypal account saying this costumer wants his money back and you have to accept it or else nothing happens

Seems I'm not so acquainted with Paypal as I should be. So I'm protected either way?

Guest barackobama

When he sends payment I presume, it should say "Address confirmed".

Yeah it will say Confirmed at the bottom of the address.

To qualify for the Seller Protection, you must

Have a Verified Premier or Business account

Post to the address on the Transaction Details page

This address is displayed on the Transaction Details page along with whether or not it is eligible for the Seller Protection Policy

Post within seven days of receiving payment

Retain reasonable proof-of postage that can be tracked online *

Send tangible goods

Only accept payments in full from single PayPal accounts

Impose no additional charges on the buyer

Respond to all PayPal inquiries promptly

Edited by GarfieldH

• Content Count:  1167

Regardless, if he is verified or not, you are not protected by Paypal.

Paypal protection works if you ship to his Verified Paypal Address, as you stated he lives in America(So his address would be a US address), and he wants you to ship to his daughter in Africa. Thus, if he filed a dispute and you provide a tracking number that shows Africa, and his paypal address shows a US address, you auto lose, even if you have proof of him giving you that address, thats how paypal works. I've used paypal for 2 years at my previous job, and I dealt with many disputes.

Scam, scam, scam and scam.

My advice, don't do it.

• Like 2
Edited by Silentfaith

• Content Count:  528

Seems I'm not so acquainted with Paypal as I should be. So I'm protected either way?

If worse comes to worse you will have proof of the transaction show the reciept to ur bank and they should sort it out.

• Content Count:  3697

Regardless, if he is verified or not, you are not protected by Paypal.

Paypal protection works if you ship to his Verified Paypal Address, as you stated he lives in America(So his address would be a US address), and he wants you to ship to his daughter in Africa. Thus, if he filed a dispute and you provide a tracking number that shows Africa, and his paypal address shows a US address, you auto lose, even if you have proof of him giving you that address, thats how paypal works. I've used paypal for 2 years at my previous job, and I dealt with many disputes.

Scam, scam, scam and scam.

My advice, don't do it.

Going to have to go with SF on this one. Either tell him you will ship it to him, and he can ship it to his daughter, or don't do it.

• Content Count:  6712

My friend got scammed.......he sold someone a PSP and the guy claimed that it was broken (it wasn't) and Paypal did a court order or something to get my friend to pay back the guy.....and not receive his PSP back :confused:

• Content Count:  3391

Alright well I'm not stupid enough to do anything outside of Paypal. At least I have seller protection right? If he pays, and he cancells it a few days later, does he get his money back? I'm worried that's what's gonna happen and by time I realize it's gonna be somewhere in Ghana lol

You only get seller protection if you ship to a confirmed address and you have a tracking number.

• Content Count:  2390

He might have just wanted the laptop for himself and used the "Its for my daughter in Africa" bit in order for you to take the first offer (cause he might think its worth more). But when in doubt, don't do it.

Its sad that women get better deals when buying stuff online *sigh.

Reply to Thread