? servers

? players online

Moral dilemma

• Content Count:  2034

ferengi-ethics.jpg

law

• noun 1 a rule or system of rules recognized by a country or community as regulating the actions of its members and enforced by the imposition of penalties. 2 such rules as a subject of study or as the basis of the legal profession. 3 statute law and the common law. 4 a statement of fact to the effect that a particular natural or scientific phenomenon always occurs if certain conditions are present. 5 a rule defining correct procedure or behaviour in a sport.

• Content Count:  1824

you're the second person i've come to know that works for some pompous jackass that thinks because he created a company he gets to do whatever the fuck he wants and can cut any pricing corners that he wants as well.. which seems to be the same kind of prick that also overworks their underpaid staff and expects them to do things impossibly fast on top of that.

Overall, I'd say go to one of these said real companies, and tell every SINGLE client the entire truth, and that they should follow you to a real company that won't lie or cheat their customers. And yes, please report his ass to the BSA, and possibly sue him for trying to force you to do unethical things.

It's these thuggish dicks that think because their the "entrepreneurial type" that they get to run a shitty company and only pay attention to their own personal bottom line that disgust me to the core.

My boss is just like this. Ridiculously stupid and doesn't know shit.

Virus, tell em, tell em everything, as you quit and change jobs, he won't know what's coming, but be careful he may try to blame you for stupid shit.

• Content Count:  8383

That makes absolutely no sense in this context. Also, picture-only posts are lame and only Neji does that crap.

Wasnt suppose to make sense to this context, my point was business ethnics usually dont exist when making money is involved. Yea there are companies who play by the books but mostly because they are either too big to not do it, or have clients willing to sue. If you dont have either of these then really he can do stuff intill he gets reported or sued.

Either way he isnt the first boss to do it, nor will he be the last. Taking advice from a bunch of people from a online community isnt very smart. If I was you, I'd speak with someone more in the legal field since if you do spill the beans you may end up in court either to defend your story, or becoming a victim of him counter sueing you for it if you cant prove most of it.

So my advice to you is, talk to a lawyer before you go telling the world about your current/former companies short commings cause it may bite you in the ass.

• Content Count:  2645

Secure a new job, tell clients the truth etc. And get that bastard sued/prosecuted, if he had half a brain he wouldn't encourage the use of pirated software in a business..

I mean is he really that stupid? It sounds like like all he cares about is where the next crisp dollar note comes from, with disregard to his own staff, and puts his staff at risk too. He deserves everything he gets.

• Content Count:  3391

Secure a new job, tell clients the truth etc. And get that bastard sued/prosecuted, if he had half a brain he wouldn't encourage the use of pirated software in a business..

I mean is he really that stupid? It sounds like like all he cares about is where the next crisp dollar note comes from, with disregard to his own staff, and puts his staff at risk too. He deserves everything he gets.

Not really stupid, just cheap. Indeed, all he cares about is the almighty dollar. We are paid about 10-20k below average salary for this type of shit.

• Content Count:  3391

I just got a call from a local company that 3 previous co-workers are now with. I have an interview with them on Tuesday. I should be a shoo-in unless I screw something up. I really want a job in Florida, but I have a lease to pay, so I'll continue to look while I'm there or discuss the chance to work from Florida.

• Content Count:  6741

Speaking from someone in a similar job type, I would not inform the customers of what he is doing. It's unprofessional and can make you look bad in the long run (even though it's not your fault at all). Contact the powers that regulate your company (this so called BSA?) and tell them what's happening. Start looking for a new job, good luck.

Reply to Thread